• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Wok

Ogre is the big bully in lane. Pick ring of protection, shield, orb of venom and mangoes and go harass anyone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm watching The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and I cant tell these sexy French girls apart. They're all pale and sexy and blonde with their high cheekbones and blue eyes, although one is brunette, I can recognize her.

Hylian7 was right! Just had my first game with Spectre in two years (2nd game with her in total) and got my first ever Rampage! Hero is really strong right now and it feels really good to play as her.
Being able to somewhat contribute to team fights even while farming is a huge thing for me!

Build was 1-0-1 to 1-4-1. Dotabuff tells me that going 1-4-1 is not the most popular way. Is there a reason why? I never felt like i had enough mana for dagger and increasing the cost didn't seem like something i wanted to do at that point.

Low Tier
I'm watching The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and I cant tell these sexy French girls apart. They're all pale and sexy and blonde with their high cheekbones and blue eyes, although one is brunette, I can recognize her.

yo great movie.

the one that doesnt create a relationship with him is way hotter tho. i think shes the linguistics one. 10/10

also that movie is sad

Haly

yo great movie.

the one that doesnt create a relationship with him is way hotter tho. i think shes the linguistics one. 10/10

also that movie is sad

Yeah legit. That's the brunette.

And yeah hella sad. Especially the phone call from the father.

Hylian7

Hylian7 was right! Just had my first game with Spectre in two years (2nd game with her in total) and got my first ever Rampage! Hero is really strong right now and it feels really good to play as her.
Being able to somewhat contribute to team fights even while farming is a huge thing for me!

Build was 1-0-1 to 1-4-1. Dotabuff tells me that going 1-4-1 is not the most popular way. Is there a reason why? I never felt like i had enough mana for dagger and increasing the cost didn't seem like something i wanted to do at that point.

I think it's just a matter of people being set in old ways of maxing Dagger first. You're correct, you don't have the mana to supplement it very well and you have to be fairly conservative with Daggers. 1-4-1-1 is absolutely the way to go. If you have to go to the jungle, it's totally a viable option now. Kill the little creeps and Desolate the big one.

Also it's much easier to last hit catapults with her now if they're the last thing left in the creep wave.

I found the new hotness guys, guess what it is.

Lone Druid?

I Midased a catapult yesterday. Mind blown.

Hylian7

Lr3gQ14.png

6ADLV4r.gif

Rise, my girl, rise.

TUSR

Banned
I played around with PA last night

I didn't itemize normally, and built a SKADI as my second item or third.

Sifling dagger + SKADI is pretty insane.

My hero pool this patch barely got changed, and most of the changes were buffs.

Hylian7

I played around with PA last night

I didn't itemize normally, and built a SKADI as my second item or third.

Sifling dagger + SKADI is pretty insane.

My hero pool this patch barely got changed, and most of the changes were buffs.

I'm honestly surprised TA got off with nothing. I thought she would get some kind of slight nerf or something.

please stop saying random shit is op 1 day after a patch comes out

you are triggering me

Just accept the OP Spectre into your heart.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That PA reddit post is literally too much mechanics for me. I think I am going to just keep throwing daggers at people when they try to run away from me.

TUSR

Banned
That PA reddit post is literally too much mechanics for me. I think I am going to just keep throwing daggers at people when they try to run away from me.
OOV slow via dagger is considered a melee strike meaning it adds the full 12% slow. 50%+12%=62% slow. Thats enough to slow even bugatti seeker to a manageable pace with a 2 second downtime.

Haly

TLDR:

Battlefury on PA is now hilarious.
AA + PA da gawd.
OoV + Dagger = Atos
Don't dagger Lotus'd targets, you'll regret it.

I think it's just a matter of people being set in old ways of maxing Dagger first. You're correct, you don't have the mana to supplement it very well and you have to be fairly conservative with Daggers. 1-4-1-1 is absolutely the way to go. If you have to go to the jungle, it's totally a viable option now. Kill the little creeps and Desolate the big one.

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely keep going 1-4-1-1. Going jungle with her when the entire enemy team went missing was pretty easy with the buff to desolate.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
TLDR:

Battlefury on PA is now hilarious.
AA + PA da gawd.
OoV + Dagger = Atos
Don't dagger Lotus'd targets, you'll regret it.

BattleFury PA doesn't seem that much better in a real game. Your cleave is in the same spot as if you would attack normally.

Hylian7

BattleFury PA doesn't seem that much better in a real game. Your cleave is in the same spot as if you would attack normally.
That has to be a bug. Otherwise it makes no sense.

The Salve/Clarity/Mango change is stupid as all hell. I only want to have to hit Ctrl for stuff like Bottle or Wards. At the very least they should let us change whatever the "Control" binding is. I have my items on Alt+QWEASD and it is so annoying to have to bottle someone or give them a ward because it is such a weird key combination for me. Luckily you usually don't have to do those things often, but Salves, Mangos, and Clarifies? All the time!

Partition

Banned
I just wanna play the shit out of oracle.

The change to fortune's end range is something i wished for back when he was added. And buffs to other aspects about the spell improved his skill set synergy tremendously.
The change to his W is great too since you wont have to worry about yourself or teammates getting rekt by the amplified damage from non magic sources. Put it on when you expect a magic nuke coming or to do the heal combo with lower consequences.
Not sure the skill build is still 1-1-4-1, maybe it will be 2-1-3-1 ?
Just my initial thoughts. Cant wait to get back and be able to play

Ive been doing 2-1-3-1 most games, or 1-1-4-1 only if we are significantly ahead. Fortune's End is just too good now.

Top Bottom