• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

is there anything more embarrassing than totally missing sf razes?

Shallow graving yourself by accident and failing to save the guy you intended to grave...

Not only do you get to do a walk of shame but the spotlight is literally in you for everyone to point and laugh

sixghost

I still struggle with Spectre to have a consistent early game. Is slahser's approach (Urn into Radiance) still reasonable? I normally try to go straight Radiance, as I feel she needs it to farm worth a damn, and it makes such a huge impact when you haunt, but getting that Relic is beastly unless the enemy team just forgets about you. I just had a game where I tried diffusal first (as I wasn't confident that I could save 3800 gold because their Silencer was tearing me up), and while it helped with farming a bit, it still felt underwhelming.

Perhaps my mistake is that I tend to go PMS rather than Vanguard. Vanguard just feels so expensive, but I guess the regen would make clearing jungle camps better.

Eternal Envy's build on stream the other day was aquila, pms, urn, treads, then farm radiance. Not necessarily in that order. I'm no spectre expert, but I always feel like she needs items before radiance. You just can't count on lane farm for that long, so you either need enough regen to jungle partially or you build early game items to get a bunch of assist gold with haunts.

manfestival

its friday night and here I am sitting at home playing dota 2
dac15_tired.gif

pompidu

I am a new member to this community and so maybe I should make an introduction of sorts:

You can consider me a Rich-Mans Anbokr or conversely Anbokr could be the Poor-Mans me. If you wish for me to divulge more you can either ask him yourselves what I mean as he will most likely understand full well or I could elaborate further later on when I have come up with some seemingly witty and spontaneous sounding claims.

My dotabuff: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91692487

My steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Aui__2000/

I first learned of this website about a year ago from the man known so effectionately as "Milk Man" who I know as "the guy who got a broken router from ed", but it wasn't until I learned about the Neogaf IHL that I decided to sign up for the forums. I'm somewhat familiar with some of the more famous personalities here such as: Ellen Pudge, 1.09, Anbokr, Procarbine, Gofu, tSwiftx, and of course tread-swap extraordinaire Hylian7, although I have never talked to him.

For the most part I enjoy playing safe lane carries and a few mids but that changes with every patch. I'm pretty versatile in that I can pick up new/changed heroes and perform at an adequate level with them fairly fast however I still have my favourites no matter how out of favor they have fallen. I've been top 20, 50, and 100 on a few heroes on dotabuff before but put no weight into those ratings whatsoever.

Sometimes people call me a2k for short but I don't really like that abbreviation, i'd rather individuals be more inventive and come up with something jazzier and unique.

This reads like a demented online dating profile.

Auteezy

Banned
This reads like a demented online dating profile.

I enjoy long walks to the lane and hunting neutrals in the jungle.

I'm not here for a casual hookup however I must advise you that I enjoy being part of a 2 or 3 man gank.

PS: Please be over 4k MMR I want to meet a woman who knows what she's doing!

Auteezy

Banned
Auteezy, what is your opinion on Artour "Arteezy" Babaev?

He went SnY before radiance once in an FPL game and Tralf said he doesn't know how to play Spectre so I'm not sure the jury is still out on my thoughts of Arteezy. At this point I see him as a marketable commodity with great individual skill and an ego that appears to be diminishing as he ages at least in a "team" setting as he re-enters EG.

He's funny, has an entertaining stream, and is the most individually skilled player in North America, not just mechanically but his game sense/understanding/farming patterns are just insane. I think newer players can pick up bad habits/attitudes from watching him but 5k+ and other experienced players can definitely learn from watching his stream and more importantly his player perspective spectating both pubs and pro-games.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
6.5k net worth

40 min game

wat

It was a shit game and they all gave up well before 40 minutes. My Ursa was making it difficult for anybody on their team to have a good time. I hit R occasionally and got a couple kills but otherwise did nothing the entire game. My radiance was slow with a Windrunner and Bounty in my lane and no supports. But I didn't die. Just went quelling, casual ring of regen and AFK woods'd while their team did nothing to me because they were dying everywhere.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
First time solo queueing in literally years.

Nothing but losses.

Guys, I need your help in settling this argument.

My brother thinks a max leveled Slark with all of his cores can consistently beat a max level Sven with all his cores in a 1v1.

I say Sven wins 90% of the time.

Who's right?

Auteezy

Banned
Guys, I need your honest opinion in this.

My brother thinks a max leveled Slark with all of his cores can consistently beat a max level Sven with all his cores in a 1v1.

Who's right?

i believe a slark with refresher that can refresh his ult and abyssal can kill the sven 1v1

and refresher is a legitimate 6slot item for slark, better yet 7th slot but still strong 6th

Elitro

I am a new member to this community and so maybe I should make an introduction of sorts:

You can consider me a Rich-Mans Anbokr or conversely Anbokr could be the Poor-Mans me. If you wish for me to divulge more you can either ask him yourselves what I mean as he will most likely understand full well or I could elaborate further later on when I have come up with some seemingly witty and spontaneous sounding claims.

My dotabuff: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91692487

My steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Aui__2000/

I first learned of this website about a year ago from the man known so effectionately as "Milk Man" who I know as "the guy who got a broken router from ed", but it wasn't until I learned about the Neogaf IHL that I decided to sign up for the forums. I'm somewhat familiar with some of the more famous personalities here such as: Ellen Pudge, 1.09, Anbokr, Procarbine, Gofu, tSwiftx, and of course tread-swap extraordinaire Hylian7, although I have never talked to him.

For the most part I enjoy playing safe lane carries and a few mids but that changes with every patch. I'm pretty versatile in that I can pick up new/changed heroes and perform at an adequate level with them fairly fast however I still have my favourites no matter how out of favor they have fallen. I've been top 20, 50, and 100 on a few heroes on dotabuff before but put no weight into those ratings whatsoever.

Sometimes people call me a2k for short but I don't really like that abbreviation, i'd rather individuals be more inventive and come up with something jazzier and unique.

Hello friend.

bounchfx

really annoying bugs this game, I don't understand. Ember spirit uses his ult and none of the effects show up, so he literally just vanishes, and you can't tell what the fuck happened

then natures prophet is TP'ing out with his ability, I shackle him as WR, he's stunned, then after the stun he continues TPing out.

what the fuck is this 6.85 garbage

i believe a slark with refresher that can refresh his ult and abyssal can kill the sven 1v1

and refresher is a legitimate 6slot item for slark, better yet 7th slot but still strong 6th

I have never heard of a Slark with refreshers. Even my Slark loving brother wouldn't get that on him.

xanavi

Guys, I need your help in settling this argument.

Who's right?

I agree with rich-man's Anbokr, with a refresher sven just stands around with his dick in his hand for 8 seconds while slark steals his stats and bashes him. If he survives the 8 seconds maybe sven could pop satanic and crit the slark down but it's not going to be anywhere near a 90% winrate for sven.

You and your brother should try it out in a local lobby with cheats on. Settle it like gentlemen.

Oh, actually it's more like 12 seconds with the two abyssal actives.

Auteezy

Banned
I have never heard of a Slark with refreshers. Even my Slark loving brother wouldn't get that on him.

i know it's fairly common as a 7th item to carry with a courier but some situations call for it as a 6th or even 5th item like a base defense where you need your cooldowns up kind of like a spectre ult die buyback refresher ult. I know BSJ loves refresher on Slark and he may not be a very good professional player but he still climbed to 6k+ MMR basically hero spamming slark so he does know a thing or 2 about the hero in the pub meta.

I know there are games where I played well-enough to win on slark and didn't and in hindsight wish I had bought a refresher.

BSJ did it quite commonly a few months ago even in some Pro-games with SR

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/105...=&skill_bracket=&timezone=America/Los_Angeles

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1380172033

OK, I think for the sake of this argument, Refreshers is off the table. A Sven could just as well get one and stack Abyssal and Storm Hammer stuns as well. It makes the fight pointless.

Except slark can purge the abyssal and disjoint/purge the storm hammer.

Can he dodge 2 hammers and 2 abbyssals though?

That's the point of why I'm saying no refreshers. It makes the battle trivial. Slark can purge the stun but the Sven could just never throw one or thows one after the purge.

Low Tier
how is any hero except void gonna 1v1 slark

like how do you kill something you cant hit honestly theres not enough aoe magic dmg from one hero to do that. I mean unless ur like enigma with refresher and drop 4 midnight pulses i guess

Artanisix

that's such a weird question. slark can easily out-maneuver sven until his ulti runs out and can shadow dance and shadowblade at least once per fight to heal back to full, all the while rapidly draining sven of his stats. i don't think sven stands a chance here.

All Sven needs are 3 or so crits before Slark is done. Even if Slark can outmaneuver him, the CD for warcry and heart of tarrasque is more then enough to keep him topped up.

xanavi

All Sven needs are 3 or so crits before Slark is done. Even if Slark can outmaneuver him, the CD for warcry and heart of tarrasque is more then enough to keep him topped up.

He's saying that slark can just force sven ulti then run away until it's gone and kill him at his leisure. You need 5 seconds of not being hit for the heart to start working but slark begins to regen almost immediately upon breaking LOS.

He's saying that slark can just force sven ulti then run away until it's gone and kill him at his leisure. You need 5 seconds of not being hit for the heart to start working but slark begins to regen almost immediately upon breaking LOS.

If Slark can run then so can Sven. 12% movement speed with warcry can help him heal up and go back fighting.

Regardless, I think running away takes away any serious danger from both of them as they can always go back to base.

all slark needs is 3 or so butterfly evades before he has stacks to shit on sven. Dude you're being ridiculous
If Slark can run then so can Sven. 12% movement speed with warcry can help him heal up and go back fighting.

Regardless, I think running away takes away any serious danger from both of them as they can always go back to base.
except running away is what slark does? like, that's what his ult is for

Hylian7

So here's the thing about this situation your friend is proposing: It's fairly irrelevant. I'm guessing you are saying this Slark and Sven are just facing each other with late game items right clicking each other, using whatever spells and items they have. Sven won't be hitting the Slark at all, especially if he potentially has a Refresher.

Regardless, this argument really doesn't matter because Dota is a team game. This isn't a 1v1 mid matchup, every carry vs carry fight depend on many factors, including the team comps, positioning of themselves and their teammates, terrain, vision, spells and items in effect.

You might ask "What is generally the most damage output for items?" or something like that, but asking "Who would win 1v1 6-slotted late game?" is silly and pointless. You can make some assumptions based on abilities countering other abilities (For instance, Anti-Mage makes Storm a liability for his team, especially when he has a huge mana pool and low mana), or you might say that Faceless Void will beat AM late game just because of Chrono.

Top Bottom