• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Noob Question: So many guides recommend magic wands for a lot of heroes I play but I almost never use the thing and I always notice it's charged after I'm already dead.

Is it that important to have one of those things when you have arcane boots (especially if you are a support like dazzle or omniknight?) Is it just a rainy day when you really need that extra health and mana kinda thing?

xanavi

Noob Question: So many guides recommend magic wands for a lot of heroes I play but I almost never use the thing and I always notice it's charged after I'm already dead.

Is it that important to have one of those things when you have arcane boots (especially if you are a support like dazzle or omniknight?) Is it just a rainy day when you really need that extra health and mana kinda thing?

I think it's even more important to get it on supports like dazzle or omniknight because you'll need every bit of cheap sustain you can buy. Arcane boots are nice but imagine if you had an extra 150-255 HP/mana every fight.

Hylian7

Basically, it depends on a few factors for whether you should get a Stick/Wand or not.

1. Get a Stick vs any spell spammers on short cooldowns. These are your Zeus, Bristleback, Shadow Demon, etc. You should also get them against dual lanes and trilanes that would use a lot of spells together.

2. You usually don't have to upgrade to Wand, but you can for a few reasons.
a. It's going to stay useful for a while (So against Bristleback for instance)
b. You have at least two branches in your starting items, or maybe two branches and a circlet. This clears up inventory space and you get to keep the stats.

3. Basically use your Stick/Wand when you're in a fight, likely to take damage, and need the health in mana. Effective use of Stick/Wand can save your life tons of times.

GorillaJu

how is any hero except void gonna 1v1 slark

like how do you kill something you cant hit honestly theres not enough aoe magic dmg from one hero to do that. I mean unless ur like enigma with refresher and drop 4 midnight pulses i guess

LC can do it

Low Tier
yea i still dont think you guys are understanding how strong slark is in these 1v1 sandbox fights. Maybe try it out or something. Meepo doesn't beat slark either

Low Tier
HwLlVWw.jpg

NBtoaster

So I tried offlane lifestealer and it worked pretty well...

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1820634291

You just want level 6 as fast as possible then you go hop in an ancient and make it unlaneable for them. They cant fight you because you have 2000hp and dont draw creep aggro. You're pretty survivable before that too because of you're decently fast and can go magic immune.

GorillaJu

this hasn't been my experience. unless the LC has quite a bit of damage (and perhaps even with) it's unlikely she kills a slark with butterfly + skadi let alone a full 6 slotted slark. He gets stacks during duel then ults for regen and chases her down.

Why are you immediately bringing up a Slark with Skadi and Bfly? How many games do you play where any hero, nevermind a slark, gets 6 slotted before the game ends?

Low Tier
the conversation was about a full 6,7,8 slotted fight. And realistically about 30% of my games someone's 6 slotted before the end.

G.ZZZ

The point is that refresher slark has 10 second where he can hit the other guy, steal his stats, and the other guy can't do shit. Void is the only consideration because he can actually freeze him during those 10 seconds with a refresher of his own, and then it come down to bashes. AM could be a consideration too because you just blink away during slark ult, but still.

Smithy C

The point is that refresher slark has 10 second where he can hit the other guy, steal his stats, and the other guy can't do shit. Void is the only consideration because he can actually freeze him during those 10 seconds with a refresher of his own, and then it come down to bashes. AM could be a consideration too because you just blink away during slark ult, but still.

What about LC with Silver Edge? Stops his stat stealing and pins him down?

Pratfall

practice buying an early magic stick in lane (especially if you are up against a dual or trilane or spell spam heroes) and make a concerted effort to track the number of charges on it. You probably wont have arcane boots as dazzle until 10-15 minutes, so for minutes 0-15, the extra regen a wand/stick provides is invaluable for 200 gold.

Magic stick/wand is most useful right after a skirmish because 2-4 enemy heroes are all casting spells. Unfortunately, the difficult thing is using it in fights because things are hectic. Try setting it to a consistent keybinding so you develop the habit of hitting spacebar/R/mouse 3 etc. for emergency health and mana. Also, as you are about to go into a fight, check your wand charges so you know what sort of burst regen you have for the fight.

After a couple of rounds of this you will start loving the item.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anyway to have quick cast and self cast work together properly? For example if I have no target and double tap Force Staff and I want to use it on myself, but if I use it with a target selected I want to use it on them. It's very annoying that this doesn't work like this by default. I know you can use a modifier key but that's not what I want. Is there some sort of bind script to achieve this?

ugh y'all dragged him to Gehenna but Icon H was RIGHT about reSpectHer's surge to prominence

hylian predict an allahder titan/junkiro/encan'tress meta, please.

Smithy C

That sad moment when the safelane carry on your team disconnects before the horn and after 2 minutes of pause you restart because "they ain't coming back", only for them to come back 4 minutes later. Then they refuse to just take the abandon, leading to a very definite but time-consuming loss.

Just take the abandon, asshole.

M.D

what a wonderful day of dota

dude picking drow and spams chat with gkjdfgjgjd then dies in lane, buys back dies again and leaves pre 10 minutes

single draft game dude first picks drow, this guy who wanted to am starts to talk shit to him and everyone else and feeds mid (because he's shit, not because he fed on purpose) then shit talk everyone the entire game while sucking ass and not getting his eul's stun combo on lina a single time, then when i point it out he starts giving me shit about picking mom on spectre

this fucking game man

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think we'll see some ET again. The Stomp change is pretty good and he's back to where he was during release in terms of counter initiation and laning presence.

Earthquake is still a shit ult but if your team can coordinate it can be very strong.

Top Bottom