• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It'll definitely raise your
filmmaking
MMR by 3000 points.

shira

Hopefully at 6:15 PST so I'll be home to place my pitiful order :)

It's up
mozz_shopkeep.gif
mozz_shopkeep.gif

BONUSES
lUTjicn.png

PURCHASE LOCKS ACCOUNTS
etxwMV3.png

NEW LOCATION SECRET SHOP
ia6AiP7.png

Hylian7

you dont use it to initiate if you go mek, easy as that

Basically requiring the other team to use all their disables on you in a teamfight is a big enough deal, in my experience. I started turning my enigma lose streak around when I realized that I don't necessarily need to hit a black hole to start a fight, since it's extremely good counter-initiation and people aren't going to have the presence of mind to delta split for an entire fight, plus it denies an area which limits their options even if they didn't get caught in the initial aoe.

I wanted to play enigma like an ES or Magnus where I wait in the periphery until I get the perfect opportunity to land my fight-winning ult, when really it's more effective to push a tower with your team, lay down a midnight pulse under where you want to fight, and if the other team decides to initiate on one of your heroes, throw your stun, mek your team, and then black hole once everyone is engaged. The midnight pulse and mek are guaranteed and will probably win your team the fight, and landing the black hole is just a bonus.

Right, I generally use black hole as counter initiation. However it takes simply one disable to stop black hole. The team isn't "blowing all their disables on you", they simply go " There's Enigma Black Holing my team, time to put a stop to that shit."

They also see an Enigma in the area and are like "hey, let's not clump up for it". This is why you need a Blink.
Oh and this should be obvious but never pick enigma into Rubick.
Of course, but sometimes shit happens, they pick it after you, or something like that.

mek makes you a more sustainable and consistent threat

not every black hole needs to be big

too many players don't use black hole early enough because they think it needs to hit 4 or 5 people

ya I heard someone (aui?) say that getting over the temptation to save your big AoE ults (Black Hole, Chronosphere, Slam, etc.) just so you can be a hero and get 4-5 enemies is a huge step to becoming a better player, and that these abilities should rarely be sat on once off cd

it's like when twitch mocks pros when they use slam on a lone enemy to try and secure a kill as if they know better

TUSR

Banned
Anyone here booking a Greyhound or something to Seattle?

Whats the difference between Seattle, Wa and Seattle Amtrak, WA.

They seem like they go to the same spot? Is Amtrak the train station and just Seattle is the bus depot?

Sibylus

Banned
Kelowna doesn't have Boltbus.

Id have to get to Vancouver and then take one of their buses, and the same on the way back. Too much of a hassle and would cost more. Thanks, seems like Boltbus >>> Greyhound.
!

I've forgotten this, apparently.

shira

Kelowna doesn't have Boltbus.

Id have to get to Vancouver and then take one of their buses, and the same on the way back. Too much of a hassle and would cost more. Thanks, seems like Boltbus >>> Greyhound.

I would just ask the bus driver to let you off on which ever is closest to your hotel or whichever one is first. They are allowed to make minor changes like that once you board.

Then Uber to your hotel/motel/holiday inn

TUSR

Banned
!

I've forgotten this, apparently.

Don't tell me you live here too.

I would just ask the bus driver to let you off on which ever is closest to your hotel or whichever one is first. They are allowed to make minor changes like that once you board.

Then Uber to your hotel/motel/holiday inn

does this mean i finally have to figure out what uber is?

Right, I generally use black hole as counter initiation. However it takes simply one disable to stop black hole. The team isn't "blowing all their disables on you", they simply go " There's Enigma Black Holing my team, time to put a stop to that shit."

They also see an Enigma in the area and are like "hey, let's not clump up for it". This is why you need a Blink.

And these are reasons why it's so hard to fight into a mek enigma that's sieging your tower. If the whole team is saving stuns to cancel a black hole, and they're unable to focus a single hero because it would make the team clump, they're not going to win a fight vs a push with mek and midnight pulse regardless of whether or not a black hole actually lands.

If a black hole doesn't have followup damage from your team or if you didn't pre-cast a midnight pulse, then the black hole isn't actually that good. It's not the same thing as an RP/echo/ravage.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I live in a city with real public transportation infrastructure so who needs Uber?

Chris R

Anyone here booking a Greyhound or something to Seattle?

Whats the difference between Seattle, Wa and Seattle Amtrak, WA.

They seem like they go to the same spot? Is Amtrak the train station and just Seattle is the bus depot?

Bus Depot is like 1/4 a mile from the train station, basically the same place.

TUSR

Banned
You going to TI, TUSR? I won't be in Kelowna then, either
lina1.gif

Albeit, not at TI

Yeah, im finally booking my transportation down there.

Didn't feel like spending the extra money on flying.

With seat sales, flying would be $649.49 vs. $156.00 by bus.

Hylian7

I'm flying to Seattle, but I am all the way down in Texas. I will get in on the 2nd, kind of bullshit that everyone that isn't there early has to miss out on those bonus packs though.
cry.gif

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah, im finally booking my transportation down there.

Didn't feel like spending the extra money on flying.

With seat sales, flying would be $649.49 vs. $156.00 by bus.
Nice, definitely would go with economy. I'm headed out to the midwest so flight was really my only option.

Though I went economical too, will be on three planes tomorrow
crazy.gif

Chris R

I'm flying to Seattle, but I am all the way down in Texas. I will get in on the 2nd, kind of bullshit that everyone that isn't there early has to miss out on those bonus packs though.
cry.gif

I miss out too :( I get in at 5am on the 2nd, just gonna kick it around downtown until my hotel room opens up and then crash

TI5 Attendees DONT TAKE A TAXI

The train is $3 and gets you all the way downtown, from there you can walk/bus/uber for less than $10

Hylian7

I miss out too :( I get in at 5am on the 2nd, just gonna kick it around downtown until my hotel room opens up and then crash

TI5 Attendees DONT TAKE A TAXI

The train is $3 and gets you all the way downtown, from there you can walk/bus/uber for less than $10

That reminds me, does the train run from the airport? I can walk from my hotel to Key Arena, it's one mile, maybe take the bus if I deem that too far when I'm actually walking it. I just need to figure out transportation from the airport to my hotel.

Also I'm planning on staying about halfway into the next week, my girlfriend is meeting me there the day TI5 ends and we are going to do stuff in Seattle.

Edit: Wooo! Placed my order for all 5 demiheroes!

Chris R

The train runs to the Airport.

Walk out like you are walking to the parking garage and then go left.

Pick the Westlake station for your fare ($3.00) Ride all the way to Westlake, then walk out. From there I think it's 4 blocks to your hotel.

Hylian7

The train runs to the Airport.

Walk out like you are walking to the parking garage and then go left.

Pick the Westlake station for your fare ($3.00) Ride all the way to Westlake, then walk out. From there I think it's 4 blocks to your hotel.

Awesome, I'll probably do that then!

TUSR

Banned
i like some of these dota shirts from the WLF sale, but i could never bring myself to spend money on something ill never wear.

I got into a "team" with a few friends, I'm gonna play offlane, any advice guys? c:

It's okay to not be hitting creeps in the offlane, depending on your hero your main purpose is to gain XP and not die while trying to limit the opposing safelaner's farm as much as possible, getting last hits is a bonus. Try to find a good balance between not dying and getting last hits in, this will be hard as it's tough to figure out exactly how hard a lane is if you're not that experienced with which heroes do what well.

Most offlaners just want to get level 6 ASAP and then go off and try to get kills using that.

Good offlaners:
Tidehunter
Clockwork
Undying
Tusk
Timbersaw
Axe
Bristleback
Dark Seer
Nyx Assassin
Centaur Warrunner
+some other heroes that are somewhat more complicated.

cris7198

Thanks!

I've been playing a lot of Bristle, Clock and Windranger (my main), I think I've been doing well so far, pretty much not dying, I still need to learn to rat with Nature's Prophet

Top Bottom