• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Thanks!

I've been playing a lot of Bristle, Clock and Windranger (my main), I think I've been doing well so far, pretty much not dying, I still need to learn to rat with Nature's Prophet
Wind Ranger and Nature's Prophet are fine offlaners too, just somewhat harder to survive with them.

On ratting, that's something that comes with experience more than anything, you'll eventually figure out when the best time is to help your team fight and when to use opportunities to push.

The M.O.B

On the flaming debate(Can't believe there is a debate about whether or not to be nice to others smh).

Flamers are the worst, this is fact. If you can't stay calm and give helpful suggestions, then consider another avenue to deal with your obvious anger issues.

Chances are that instead of flaming the feeding offlaner, maybe you could have suggested switching the lanes up, or sending your jungle crystal maiden to help him out, or have him abandon the lane, or send your supports to smoke and gank the offlane,or maybe you could have suggested a better offlane hero for them at the selection screen. There is 100 different possibilities here

But no, you had everyone muted from the get go and sat there assuming you're the best player there just because your mmr is 8 higher than the next guy.

Yelling at people is ineffective communication. Sulking because "I got stuck with these scrubs" is pathetic. You should've just stayed muted

Constructive criticism, try it.

Hylian7

On the flaming debate(Can't believe there is a debate about whether or not to be nice to others smh).

Flamers are the worst, this is fact. If you can't stay calm and give helpful suggestions, then consider another avenue to deal with your obvious anger issues.

Chances are that instead of flaming the feeding offlaner, maybe you could have suggested switching the lanes up, or sending your jungle crystal maiden to help him out, or have him abandon the lane, or send your supports to smoke and gank the offlane,or maybe you could have suggested a better offlane hero for them at the selection screen. There is 100 different possibilities here

But no, you had everyone muted from the get go and sat there assuming you're the best player there just because your mmr is 8 higher than the next guy.

Yelling at people is ineffective communication. Sulking because "I got stuck with these scrubs" is pathetic. You should've just stayed muted

Stop giving good advice and play Dota with us!
cheeky.gif

Hylian7

Also I got a hold of DK's Rapier in that game.
fail.gif

We still lost, Omni is annoying to deal with without extreme teamwork.

Why do you bring so much reason into this thread, I'm muting you.

What kind of metric do you even use to consider a hero a cancer, just whatever that screws with your favorite picks the most?

cris7198

You, I like you

I wonder if I'll ever play ranked again. I played 10 matches to calibrate a year ago and the whole experience was awful, but now that I'm actually much better than I was when I got my MMR I don't think I can stomach grinding a bunch of games just to climb to my "real" MMR, especially with the sort of people I ran into on low MMR ranked.

I calibrated at 2700 but now I'm generally 50/50 on Very High/High Skill bracket on dotabuff, I don't know the direct conversion but it seems like I need to play several dozen games to make up the difference.

t0rment

once again i wish i was in hylian's dota world.

me: guy, stop auto attacking, you're pushing the lane.
guy: shut the fuck up
me: mutes guy, admits defeat.

ggdire.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Don't forget you are also horse peasant.

horse.gif

The delivery is very important. I suggest reading Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. It's a bit outdated in the world it presents, but the psychology underlying its lessons is very real. Only, some work is required to translate its advice for a digital age.

Hylian7

once again i wish i was in hylian's dota world.

me: guy, stop auto attacking, you're pushing the lane.
guy: shut the fuck up
me: mutes guy, admits defeat.

ggdire.gif

Could go try doing something else and just playing around the guy that's doing that. Yeah, not a surefire thing for sure, but worth a try don't you think?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1638440204

The VS nearly lost us the game here, by not going with us and doing her own thing around 50 minutes for some reason. I told my team "Just keep trying, don't give up, if I get my Skadi we can probably win this even without VS".

We won it.

I still stand by my statement that 70% of the people I play with are morons... but once in a while you get a good team that purposely stands back so you can get the RAMPAGE

bts_rosh.gif

Hylian7

I still stand by my statement that 70% of the people I play with are morons... but once in a while you get a good team that purposely stands back so you can get the RAMPAGE

bts_rosh.gif

Rampages are cool and all, but I really don't see the point in doing that. Especially with assist and AoE gold, I don't feel like the whole "let the carry have it" thing is necessary. Obviously use judgement here, you don't want to blow Finger of Death on someone that has <50HP and someone is easily in autoattack range.

z1ggy

Why supports always try to take the carry farm i don´t get it.

Today i had too many quitters and feeders, feels like low priority ;_;

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why supports always try to take the carry farm i don´t get it.

Today i had too many quitters and feeders, feels like low priority ;_;

Its simple really, they want money too. They need to get their first item scepter and their 35 minute meks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Usually because my carry can't last hit for crap. I'll be taking the farm then, thanks.

Honestly, I'd set up last hits for these people and they'd still miss them. You just can't help your lane mates sometimes.

Wok

I realize it doesn't have to have the entire team in it, but what about the usual "BLACK HOL-*stunned*" by someone you couldn't see, or couldn't catch in it for whatever reason? Honestly the only reason I fear using it without a BKB is if there's a specific hero with a stun (or a Rubick or something) that I can't catch in it.

Sometimes I just use the blackhole as a fight-finishing move: people start fighting 4 vs 5, people use their spells, people get low on both sides, then blink and black hole and wipe the other team, opponents call GG and start thinking game is lost.

you dont use it to initiate if you go mek, easy as that

Basically requiring the other team to use all their disables on you in a teamfight is a big enough deal, in my experience. I started turning my enigma lose streak around when I realized that I don't necessarily need to hit a black hole to start a fight, since it's extremely good counter-initiation and people aren't going to have the presence of mind to delta split for an entire fight, plus it denies an area which limits their options even if they didn't get caught in the initial aoe.

I wanted to play enigma like an ES or Magnus where I wait in the periphery until I get the perfect opportunity to land my fight-winning ult, when really it's more effective to push a tower with your team, lay down a midnight pulse under where you want to fight, and if the other team decides to initiate on one of your heroes, throw your stun, mek your team, and then black hole once everyone is engaged. The midnight pulse and mek are guaranteed and will probably win your team the fight, and landing the black hole is just a bonus.

Best black holes are counter initiation bhd while the enmy stuns on cd and they are tunnel visioned on someone else . You can walk in without blink and hit a good one if you time it right

Exactly.

Sianos

DotaGAF only plays cancerous heroes

8Nq0ZKA.jpg

Haha I was just about to comment on how I got my second ever rampage this game - for once after the ultra kill the elusive fifth person wasn't off faffing about.

I love phantom lancer, he's my favorite hero by far. So much fun to play, and a very high skill ceiling with the opportunities for illusion micro and doppleganger trickery.

He's certainly counterable too (tsunami why did you reveal the secret of the veil to the public ;___; ) and even that game they had legion overwhelming odds, luna glaives, undispellable ice blast and viper strike, radiance on the bear, etc.

you won't see me saying "my whole team is trash" like some morons (well, maybe in some 4stack cases it happens), it's always "we lost because this dude or that guy was real fucking bad"
don't see how that's saying you're the best on the team

Top Bottom