• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
have you ever considered how many games you've won because someone on the other team was the one fucking around?

I still stand by my statement that 70% of the people I play with are morons... but once in a while you get a good team that purposely stands back so you can get the RAMPAGE

bts_rosh.gif

70% (or rather 100% at that bracket, sry breh) of the players you play against are morons as well.

kionedrik

70% (or rather 100% at that bracket, sry breh) of the players you play against are morons as well.

I'm starting to believe 4k's are bigger morons than 3k's or 2k's simply because most of them are arrogant jerks that think they are better than what they really are. They will do whatever they want and pick whatever they please because "I'm 4k I got this shit under control". At least some of the 3k's can be reasoned with.

I'm starting to believe 4k's are bigger morons than 3k's or 2k's simply because most of them are arrogant jerks that think they are better than what they really are. They will do whatever they want and pick whatever they please because "I'm 4k I got this shit under control". At least some of the 3k's can be reasoned with.

"hey pudge why did you dive and feed first blood"
"fuk u cyka"
this game is now safe to leave

So this is the power of very high skill
cool.gif

Hylian7

I've never understood this type of logic. How exactly are they "bigger morons" if they have attained a higher MMR? Sure, more of them might be bigger jerks, but I don't think that necessarily means they are now worse players than the 3ks somehow.

Even so, having been at the 4k level before, and almost there now (where I see 4ks in my games pretty regularly), I don't find that to be at all the case.

JC Sera

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480595082
omfg
cocky.gif

I've never understood this type of logic. How exactly are they "bigger morons" if they have attained a higher MMR? Sure, more of them might be bigger jerks, but I don't think that necessarily means they are now worse players than the 3ks somehow.

Even so, having been at the 4k level before, and almost there now (where I see 4ks in my games pretty regularly), I don't find that to be at all the case.
I thought 4k dota was actually a good example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect
I'm a science student at uni, and dear god does this exist. High school science: I know everything. Uni Science: HOLY SHIT THERES FUCKING DARK MATTER IN OUR GUT WHAT IS THIS SHIT

Reckoner

wow

first game of the day. guy randoms Disruptor "nah, I'm not supporting. let's random again. gets Lycan." Goes into the game. Offlane Zeus, no items. Nyx safelaning starts to feed to Troll Warlord. Leaves at 5 minutes.

Cool ranked

I've mentioned this before but you need to find the exact middle of the MMR bell curve and that's where you'll find the players with the worst attitudes.

kionedrik

I thought 4k dota was actually a good example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect
I'm a science student at uni, and dear god does this exist. High school science: I know everything. Uni Science: HOLY SHIT THERES FUCKING DARK MATTER IN OUR GUT WHAT IS THIS SHIT

I knew this was a thing I just didn't knew it had a name. It's perfectly applicable tbqh.

99.999958% of all matter is dark matter :) You, me and everyone else are condensed void.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Cross-posting for visiblity:

Sunday, July 26th

6:00pm PDT/9:00 EDT

IHL2 post mortem discussion.

Going over results of the league and the surveys, and the changes to the format for IHL3.

The post-IHL mumble discussion will be delayed one week cause of fighting games.

Honestly, flaming is part of why I enjoy Dota. I like flaming and I get amused a lot by nerd rage in my games. The game wouldn't be as appealing to me if everyone was civil and well-spoken.

I got my compendium to Lvl 51 and I might call it at that. There's nothing else apart from the Enigma bracers that I really want and fuck getting this thing to Lvl 175 or whatever it is.

Hylian7

Honestly, flaming is part of why I enjoy Dota. I like flaming and I get amused a lot by nerd rage in my games. The game wouldn't be as appealing to me if everyone was civil and well-spoken.
You have strange reasons for enjoying this game then, as Dota is quite a compelling game in and of itself.

Tell me guys. Were my picks that bad? Something went really bad in that game and I'm not even going to say anything about the guy who stole my TA.

Probably lacked an initiating hero (rubick/CM are good to initiate against a single hero but when it comes down to teamfights not so much), and something to complement the undying pick
Not bad, but not great either. Alright.
That TA did well stay positive
dac15_fantastic.gif

those item builds on bristleback and undying are stupid as fuck though

Well I mean the enemy team wasn't really great either
Three initiating heroes without follow up, sven with arcane boots ogre club, warlock going refresher first.. I don't even

Dr. Buni

Maybe you are joking, but either way, this is such an awful mentality. The best games I had on Dota were the ones where people were joking around and having fun, instead of being morons flaming each other. Oh well, (if you are not joking) I just hope I never have the displeasure of playing with or against you then.

TheCrow

Let's start a flame free dota thread! At least one that isn't reserved for fans of shitty franchises with yearly installments. :D

Well I mean the enemy team wasn't really great either
Three initiating heroes without follow up, sven with arcane boots ogre club, warlock going refresher first.. I don't even
Yeah honestly that game was a cake walk and ursa is the easiest shit. I maintain its a cancer hero though.

I really don't wanna do this because it ruins the "mystique" or whatever, but I should point out that pretty much everything I post here has at least a tinge of jokiness or embellishment. It's just more fun for me that way.

I don't believe that I'm some great Dota player held back by an endless wave of idiots. I believe I have the capability to be at a reasonably higher MMR than I'm at now if I were to take the game more seriously.

I don't actually believe that flaming is a good thing to do, and I don't go into games planning on doing it. I let my emotions get the best of me at times, and in truth, after I flame I feel pretty bad about it and I would be embarrassed for someone to go back and look at my chat log from games like that.

Anyway, you're all very kind and insightful people so I'm sure you understand.

Top Bottom