• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

It's really damn annoying when I get into a game, and I can tell very quickly that I'm playing a party of smurf based solely on how they play. It's just an entire game where my team get's their asses kicked
Do you have a Dotabuff of said game? Assuming someone's a smurf just based on how he plays is reaching, dude. He might just be a good player stacking with his shitty friends.

Smurfs usually have a handful of games in which they went 35-1 until they queue in their original bracket which easily happens within 5 games unless they throw on purpose.

You probably just got outplayed by a good player.

Heh, I actually did type up a post about how great that chrome extension that completely deletes ignored posts is but then didn't end up submitting. What you're looking for is NeoGAF++, you can configure it to even hide posts that have quotes from ingored poster in them.

that implies using a garbage web browser though
aaaah.gif

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe anyone who claims to be a smurf in normal games

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm 99% sure the "smurf" I made (which was just a throwaway account I made to play with someone who is like actually mentally handicapped at Dota) put me in a bracket higher than my actual account after like 2 online games. I had like a 1-9 record on that account. In the very first game I played online with it every player on my team was doing things like creep blocking, A-clicking creeps to lose tower agro, stacking/pulling neutral camps... Like I can't even get people in my real games to do that shit.

Haunted

toxic community pls report

edit: I enjoyed my first game in the very high skill bracket when GAFer rezuth was nice enough to invite me to his tryhard stack (a decision he surely still regrets now, years later).

Nothing like learning advanced support manoeuvres like dewarding, pulling and correct tri-lane positioning while under fire against players that are vastly better and more experienced than you.

>Game is Hard

"hey CM I need you to pull"

*wave goes by, no response*

"CM, can you please pull"

*another wave*

"CM do you know how to pull?"

"no"

facepalm.gif
Did you teach him how to? There was a time where I didn't know how to pull and my carry taught me how to. We lost because I was awful.

But I learned how to pull

But I'm still awful

Did you teach him how to? There was a time where I didn't know how to pull and my carry taught me how to. We lost because I was awful.

But I learned how to pull

But I'm still awful

Did my best to explain it while still trying to farm but I don't think they understood or just didn't speak very good English. I know it probably can't really be avoided, but it's always very frustrating when there is a clear knowledge disparity like that

TUSR

Banned

edit: I enjoyed my first game in the very high skill bracket when GAFer rezuth was nice enough to invite me to his tryhard stack (a decision he surely still regrets now, years later).

Nothing like learning advanced support manoeuvres like dewarding, pulling and correct tri-lane positioning while under fire against players that are vastly better and more experienced than you.

>Game is Hard

seriously the best way to learn

inkls

>Game is Hard

I remember when he bought his first radiance
happytears.gif

and then he never stopped buying radiance, on every hero
cry.gif

Did my best to explain it while still trying to farm but I don't think they understood or just didn't speak very good English. I know it probably can't really be avoided, but it's always very frustrating when there is a clear knowledge disparity like that
Yeah, they're not going to be able to pull properly within one game. Can't be helped.

Edit: and yeah stacking with people way better than you can greatly increase the speed at which you learn, the problem with low level play is that you get away with bad plays, having those plays punished can help you identify your mistakes and forces you to improve faster.

Minosha

Neo Member
Is anyone still looking for a TI5 ticket? I'm not going to be able to go - not looking to make money, just recover costs.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
eh, even at 3k people still don't know how to or care to pull properly and I've yet to see a support stack any camps or gank mid early. I'm fine with that though because it means it's most likely not happening on the enemy side as well.
I mean I could watch a 5k replay and say exactly what mistakes are made but I sure as shit don't belong there.

kvk1

kvk1's guide to safelane support

A) pull, creeps don't aggro, apologize and swear you "did it at 13"
B) single pull at 43, screw up carry's lane, call it a day
C) with smug satisfcation waddle over to mid to attempt a gank
D) sit around for 5 minutes not doing anything because their mid saw you coming and is hiding behind tower
E) tell your own mid "oh well, at least he's wasting time"
F) feeling like you accomplished something, plan your way back to safelane to coincide with rune spawn
G) feed their offlane at the rune

coaching is available, PM for more info

Hylian7

"hey CM I need you to pull"

*wave goes by, no response*

"CM, can you please pull"

*another wave*

"CM do you know how to pull?"

"no"

facepalm.gif

You can always teach them how to at least, hopefully the new tutorials being added in the reborn client help fix this.

eh

"hit the creeps at :53 and run away then hit them at :13 or :43 and run to the creep wave"

They don't need to understand why it's done and you can tell them when to pull.

Basically something like this works. I know it's hard to teach something like that and play at the same time, but you can just keep it short like that. Maybe link a Purge video on it or something while you're dead so they can learn for future reference. Remember, if you teach them now, if you get them on your team again, they will probably know.

depends on the game
EE has lost naga games because of his shit decision making, of course he can farm with the hero but it's not like that's extra hard with habit
SF isn't rtz's, more like lycan

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

D) sit around for 5 minutes not doing anything because their mid saw you coming and is hiding behind tower
F) feeling like you accomplished something, plan your way back to safelane to coincide with rune spawn

My god. I have been a student of yours for years without knowing. Please give me more tips, sensei.

rexor0717

I think I play a pretty good support, but every once and a while, I walk this path.
oexTA6a.gif

kionedrik

Heh, I actually did type up a post about how great that chrome extension that completely deletes ignored posts is but then didn't end up submitting. What you're looking for is NeoGAF++, you can configure it to even hide posts that have quotes from ingored poster in them.

Ty I'll take a look.

Did I ever mention how much I hate 4-stacks??
How about wannabe invokers that just got the hair and now want to show it off or mid pugnas that go 0-10 @ 20 min?

Ty Valve for letting me experience first hand what the bottom of the barrel has to offer!

huskar is such cancer

he basically ruins the early game for the opposing team while simultaneously ruining the late game for your team

viper is the tsundere aids hero and huskar is the trash waifu aids hero

Hylian7

You know, I see 4-stacks get a lot of hate around here, and there's a reason they aren't allowed in ranked games. While they are seeing you as "the idiot that ruined the game", and you see them as "A toxic 4-stack like all 4-stacks are", like what is there to gain from that? I don't think it's a 4-stack problem, it's just a toxic player problem. I mean the same thing can happen with a 3-stack and two solos/2-stack, or almost any combination of players ganging up on another player for whatever reason.

I don't think 4-stacks are bad in and of themselves, sure, there are toxic 4-stacks, but I have also played with 4-stacks that were nice, and quite good too. I would say I see the latter more often than the former.

you should have picked spectre and offered them sound advice
cool.gif

Honestly, how are you not an alt account of meeru or some perma'd poster? It blows my mind the shit you post in here.

Just pointing out that you are against not being an asshole.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
OK guys my plans for tomorrow have changed and I'm gonna be away for the weekend so I'm gonna pick a winner in my giveaway in like an hour before I go to work. Got a bunch of entries already so get 'em in by PM now if you want to win

Artanisix

"he basically ruins the early game for the opposing team while simultaneously ruining the late game for your team"

why are you letting it go lategame with huskar
DansGame.png

hes a midgame monster

Hylian7

"he basically ruins the early game for the opposing team while simultaneously ruining the late game for your team"

why are you letting it go lategame with huskar
DansGame.png

hes a midgame monster

Maybe the other team played against a Huskar smartly and survived.
huh.gif

This reminds me, I need to draw some power graphs for some heroes for the guides I plan to write. I'm surprised nobody has really done this before.

Basically it would be a line graph that shows when the hero is most useful. Spectre would be linear from useless to useful. Gyro would start pretty high early game, rise through mid and the start of late game, then steadily fall off. Crystal Maiden would be maxed early game, fall down very slowly (but mostly flat), and then fall off late game.

You know, I see 4-stacks get a lot of hate around here, and there's a reason they aren't allowed in ranked games. While they are seeing you as "the idiot that ruined the game", and you see them as "A toxic 4-stack like all 4-stacks are", like what is there to gain from that? I don't think it's a 4-stack problem, it's just a toxic player problem. I mean the same thing can happen with a 3-stack and two solos/2-stack, or almost any combination of players ganging up on another player for whatever reason.

I don't think 4-stacks are bad in and of themselves, sure, there are toxic 4-stacks, but I have also played with 4-stacks that were nice, and quite good too. I would say I see the latter more often than the former.

Honestly, how are you not an alt account of meeru or some perma'd poster? It blows my mind the shit you post in here.

Just pointing out that you are against not being an asshole.
no I'm against being a soft pussy when somebody is ruining my game by being an incompetent brain dead moron, there's a difference
I don't flame everybody on my team every game, I flame when somebody is being horseshit and the situation is fucked up, which happens, maybe not in your utopia where each game is a comeback, you have 98% WR and 7k mmr but in reality it does
I mute all chat in all my games and remain silent in most of them, I unmute all chat when somebody is being so fucking shit it infuriates me and I need to vent.

Wok

Mek Enigma is really good. It is really hard for the opponents to stop the early push. If I could pull the death ball strat in pubs, I would get +25 every 25 min.

Top Bottom