• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

shira

angel.gif

Patch up!

Sculptor's Pillar 2015
Gruesome Embrace: Lion | Preview
The Shaded Eulogy: Death Prophet | Preview
Arms of the Bogatyr: Pudge | Preview
Mark of the Mistral Fiend: Abaddon | Preview
Blessing of the Crested Dawn: Skywrath Mage | Preview
Shivshell Crawler: Slark | Preview
Tree Punisher: Timbersaw | Preview
- Pact of the Wurmblood: Dragon Knight | Preview | Rare Drop
Flightless Dod: Courier | Very Rare Drop - Also has a chance to drop Unusual version

Music Packs

song_siren.gif

JC Sera

Its an underwhelming new bloom reject chest for sure
skywrath set should have been in the same chest as the venge on
or a chest released at the same time

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
pizza + alcohol + dota 2 all night long, aw ye baby

t0rment

fuck 4 stacks. fuck them. if you do that you're a terrible person that makes other peoples lives worse and you're going to hell.

JC Sera

whats wrong with 4 stacks
you can get really shitty ones
general complaints
  • Expecting mindreading of the plans the 4 of them have made over vent
  • Getting blamed for everything that goes wrong
  • Any input you make getting ignored because ur just an internet person
  • can result in 4 reports if they are vindictive enough
salty.gif

TUSR

Banned
Format
WILD CARD
- Four team double elimination.
- All matches are Best of 3.
- Winner of Upper Bracket becomes Wild Card #1 in Group Stage, winner of lower bracket becomes Wild Card #2.

Selection Priority for game one is determined by a coin toss. Alternates for game two. Coin toss is used again if there is a third game.

The team with Selection Priority may pick either their side of the map or the drafting order.

Brackets will be decided randomly.
GROUP STAGE
- Two groups of eight teams
- Each match consists of two games against the same opponent
- A 2-0 win provides 3 points, 1-1 provides 1 point, and 0-2 provides 0 points.

In each match, a coin toss decides which team has Selection Priority. Alternates for game two.

Tiebreakers
- If there is a tie along the Upper and Lower Bracket divider, more games will be played.
- For other games, the following is used:

1- Compare the matchup history of the tied teams
2- Compare their wins vs the seed right below them. Repeat until resolved
3- Coin toss
MAIN EVENT
The 1st place in each group of Group Stage picks their opponent from either the 3rd or 4th place finish in the opposite group.

Upper Bracket
Upper Bracket A: Group A Seed 1 vs Group B Seed 3/4
Upper Bracket B: Group B Seed 2 vs Group A Seed 3/4 (The team Group B Seed 1 didn't choose)
Upper Bracket C: Group B Seed 1 vs Group A Seed 3/4
Upper Bracket D: Group A Seed 2 vs Group B Seed 3/4 (The team Group A Seed 1 didn't choose)

First Round: The higher seed has Selection Priority for game 1 and 3.

Other Rounds: Selection Priority for game one is determined by coin toss. Alternates for game two. Coin toss is used again if there is a third game.

All Upper Bracket games are Best of 3. Grand Final is Best of 5, no game advantage.

Lower Bracket
Lower Bracket A: Group A Seed 5vs Group B Seed 7/8
Lower Bracket B: Group B Seed 6 vs Group A Seed 7/8 (The team Group B Seed 5 didn't choose)
Lower Bracket C: Group B Seed 5 vs Group A Seed 7/8
Lower Bracket D: Group A Seed 6 vs Group B Seed 7/8 (The team Group A Seed 5 didn't choose)

First Round: The higher seed has Selection Priority in the Best of 1.

Other Rounds: Selection Priority for game one is determined by coin toss. Alternates for game two. Coin toss is used again if there is a third game.

Lower Bracket matches are Best of 3, except for the first round which is Best of 1.

Chris R

Schedule is really strange... Like the game before the loser bracket finals, where one team will have played a Bo3 the day before and one will have played a Bo3 that morning...

edit: One team will play two sets on Day 4 (LB3 and LB4) and one team will play two sets on Day 5 (LB4 and LB5)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I MSPainted up the schedule to make it eaiser to see which day each game is:
schedual.jpg

A team that wins all their games would have to play a minimum of 6 games before the finals. A team the goes to 3 games each set and loses the first upper bracket game coud have to play upto 18 games before getting to the finals.

Hylian7

I was thinking about this earlier today. If they want to make Doom relevant ever again, just rework/scrap Lvl ? Death. Seriously, that skill is pretty mediocre, only really good if you level it early, and since Doom is a bad laner, you're probably jungling him, therefore you aren't leveling it and are prioritizing Scorched Earth and Devour. I don't know how they would rework it or what skill would replace it, but it really isn't very good. Most of the time nobody is going to play around level numbers, and even if you do, the results are decent at best. Not really anything to write home about and you would want almost any other hero on the team instead of Doom at that point. The only real saving grace it has is stopping TPs with a small cast point and 600 cast range.

The thing is, I would actually be okay with this skill if Doom actually had a decent lane presence. In theory the idea is good, in practice not so much.

sixghost

I was thinking about this earlier today. If they want to make Doom relevant ever again, just rework/scrap Lvl ? Death. Seriously, that skill is pretty mediocre, only really good if you level it early, and since Doom is a bad laner, you're probably jungling him, therefore you aren't leveling it and are prioritizing Scorched Earth and Devour. I don't know how they would rework it or what skill would replace it, but it really isn't very good. Most of the time nobody is going to play around level numbers, and even if you do, the results are decent at best. Not really anything to write home about and you would want almost any other hero on the team instead of Doom at that point. The only real saving grace it has is stopping TPs with a small cast point and 600 cast range.

The thing is, I would actually be okay with this skill if Doom actually had a decent lane presence. In theory the idea is good, in practice not so much.
or just make his ult good again

Just make it work on creeps and reduce the mana cost, or make it scale for each level. That shouldn't be too hard.

Top Bottom