• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Evo thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I LOVE AMERICAN
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
Whoever here has the Twitch channel 'jwongismyhero' got owned.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
sold my xbone. lasted about 2 months.
back to ninty + dota more or less.

Trickster

Updated TA immortal is a huge downgrade imo. On the upside, at least they're in a proper item slot now, though it makes me wonder how hard it is for valve to add item slots for heroes. A lot of heroes could do with either more slots, or any slots for items.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Updated TA immortal is a huge downgrade imo. On the upside, at least they're in a proper item slot now, though it makes me wonder how hard it is for valve to add item slots for heroes. A lot of heroes could do with either more slots, or any slots for items.

All the textures for the cosmetics are supposed to be combined onto a single texture for performance(Usually 1024x1024). I guess for the new slots, Valve is just upping the texture allotted texture size quota, or they ditched the texture combination system in reborn.

Shinypogs

Whelp back to 1399 mmr I will miss you 1400s :( seriously though who picks witchdoctor and goes arcanes into bloodstone because "I like the item."

NewGame

Banned
okay dotairiens this bad boy just got dropped on me:

256px-Cosmetic_icon_Blaze_Armor.png

its in my inventory and says its giftable waht do i do with it i never wear any cosmetics at all. I can't sell it on the market so is there ebay for dota or something somewhere?

ty ty.

Wok

Good, good, good. Getting to 50% winrate including abandons (all of which are actually disconnects due to computer or Internet service shutdown).

O4Xn1RC.png

ILYG6Bu.png

For some of these games, I had to play Enigma with a 1 s lag. Game is hard.

JC Sera

Good, good, good. Getting to 50% winrate including abandons (all of which are actually disconnects due to computer or Internet service shutdown).

O4Xn1RC.png

ILYG6Bu.png

For some of these games, I had to play Enigma with a 1 s lag. Game is hard.
Really good job!
5PgeuoX.gif
Congrats!

JC Sera

Hey hylian, my friend has Storm as his last hero on his 10 hero challenge, and is having torouble.
He usually plays initiator, melee & stun/nuke supports. Good example is Earth shaker.

Any advice?
cocky.gif

Jackson50

If you play Venomancer, don't spam level 1 plague wards. It accomplishes nothing except feed the enemy offlane gold. And don't buy a fucking magic wand to start the match.

If you play Venomancer, don't spam level 1 plague wards. It accomplishes nothing except feed the enemy offlane gold. And don't buy a fucking magic wand to start the match.

I miss the times when people would go to lane with a magic wand recipe
That's right, 150 gold for nothing

lina goes aghs first skips euls, does jackshit all game
timber skipping aghs when we're playing from behind
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

just lost 5v3
tide being a lil whiny bitch because I called him out on ravaging brewlings
axe doesn't know he can use berserkers call on magic immune targets, maxes hunger before call
ench doing virtually nothing all game
"v e r y h i g h skill"
>don't give up xddd

Hylian7

Hey hylian, my friend has Storm as his last hero on his 10 hero challenge, and is having torouble.
He usually plays initiator, melee & stun/nuke supports. Good example is Earth shaker.

Any advice?
cocky.gif

Don't forget to farm. Beyond that it's about Remnant (and by extension Overload) efficiency in lane and being able to gauge your zips based on how much mana you have. It's something that takes a bit of practice, but a good rule of thumb if you're trying to figure it out is that early-mid game you generally don't want to zip further than the width of the river between the two ramps at mid. Another distance to base this on would be over treelines on side lanes.

Also avoid getting BKB unless you absolutely need it, so much of the time you can take care of stuff that would lock you down with zipping at the right time to dodge it, Euls, or Linkens. The latter two items give you more functionality for Storm (mana regen) while BKB does not. I went Euls + Linkens in a game the other day when our Void kept yelling at me to just get a BKB. I had the Euls and was using it to get out of the two Orchids the other team had, then their NP got a sheep and at one point I got sheeped and the Void says "Where's your Euls now?" You have to BKB before you get sheeped and I didn't see the NP hex anyway, so I'm not exactly sure how BKB would have done me any more good in that situation.

We still won that game. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1638899547

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
win: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1641489163

lose: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1641616550

played a few games on Spectre last night with mix results. the one I lose I'm honestly not sure how the other team snowballed so fast. I did make some mistakes and got ganked mid game but things just went out of control faster then I expected and next thing I know I'm several lvls behind and even after I finished Radiance I can't stay in fights because I didn't have enough HP. the NP was supportive enough and the Lion had help harassing in lane and warded. the WR did rather well mid from the look of things but the Tidehunter just said he's getting ganked in off lane and then went on to farm jungle and build a Bloodstone. at the end those 2 seem to blame the lose on me but oh well. any inputs and criticism?

shira

jesus

thats some intense shit

that sniper fucking sucked though

It's too fake.

- I have never seen an English speaking blyatcyka
- And Pudge is only dual mid or dual offlane
- hydrocodone is not a drug you would want to suicide with

Hylian7

win: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1641489163

lose: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1641616550

played a few games on Spectre last night with mix results. the one I lose I'm honestly not sure how the other team snowballed so fast. I did make some mistakes and got ganked mid game but things just went out of control faster then I expected and next thing I know I'm several lvls behind and even after I finished Radiance I can't stay in fights because I didn't have enough HP. the NP was supportive enough and the Lion had help harassing in lane and warded. the WR did rather well mid from the look of things but the Tidehunter just said he's getting ganked in off lane and then went on to farm jungle and build a Bloodstone. at the end those 2 seem to blame the lose on me but oh well. any inputs and criticism?
I will check the replay later, but I have some advice based on me making some guesses looking at the Dotabuff. Unless your team is there to set it up for you, or the kill is really attainable by yourself, don't try to go for kills. Specter's job is to farm and press R like a 911 operator when her team needs her. Sometimes you might jump to an illusion, sometimes you might not after you look at it and realize it isn't a good situation to go into.

Basically having space with her is ideal, but you won't always get the space you need. This is where you have to find your own space. Usually this is just having a good farm sense and finding a lane that is safe to farm, even if this is way out. If they all just TP rotated top, then you TP bot and farm. While Relic is usually the hardest part of the Radiance to get, remember that 1v1, you are often no slouch with that and maxed Desolate.

Another thing to consider, and I actually do this a lot lately, is get a Poor Man's and casual Ring of Health. Specter's HP starts out pretty low and stays that way until you get HP items. Flat HP regen from the RoH might as well be a permanent tango to you. This keeps you in lane after you use all your regen. PMS allows you to tank the creep wave out of tower range, mainly to keep equilibrium at a good spot. These items can also help you recover if you have to get to the point where you have to slowly farm jungle.

When you get the Radiance, your farm basically goes from 0 to 90. Stack camps with the Radiance burn, even more than one at a time, farm lanes. If your team loses T2's reassure them that Spectre got this.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I will check the replay later, but I have some advice based on me making some guesses looking at the Dotabuff. Unless your team is there to set it up for you, or the kill is really attainable by yourself, don't try to go for kills. Specter's job is to farm and press R like a 911 operator when her team needs her. Sometimes you might jump to an illusion, sometimes you might not after you look at it and realize it isn't a good situation to go into.

Basically having space with her is ideal, but you won't always get the space you need. This is where you have to find your own space. Usually this is just having a good farm sense and finding a lane that is safe to farm, even if this is way out. If they all just TP rotated top, then you TP bot and farm. While Relic is usually the hardest part of the Radiance to get, remember that 1v1, you are often no slouch with that and maxed Desolate.

Another thing to consider, and I actually do this a lot lately, is get a Poor Man's and casual Ring of Health. Specter's HP starts out pretty low and stays that way until you get HP items. Flat HP regen from the RoH might as well be a permanent tango to you. This keeps you in lane after you use all your regen. PMS allows you to tank the creep wave out of tower range, mainly to keep equilibrium at a good spot. These items can also help you recover if you have to get to the point where you have to slowly farm jungle.

When you get the Radiance, your farm basically goes from 0 to 90. Stack camps with the Radiance burn, even more than one at a time, farm lanes. If your team loses T2's reassure them that Spectre got this.

yeah, there definitely were a few time when I had hit R and jump into the fights then everything went to shit. as for the ROH, I'll look into it the next time I play Spectre again.

Top Bottom