• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

I can't get over how good Twitch GUI is. Streaming on high with no stuttering on a shitty laptop.
highfive.gif

Watching evo makes me think dota needs a spectator specific interface that shows heroes health/mana/cd for all skills and maybe even an option to split the screen to 10 parts showing every hero spontaneously. Maybe even a lane view that focuses on showing the hero stats/player view of heroes within that lane.

No, it's not.

Well i did say "in my opinion" :p
But i'll agree to them both being good skills. In fact i do think that heal is a bit underrated but i still think skilling maledict early is better in almost all situations. The best of players would of course adapt and use the right build for the right situation.

Welp, my bad. Yeah, maledict wouldn't do you much good vs a Necro Slardar lane i guess. The WD Huskar lane would have been so strong tho. A maledict and a couple of burning spears should easily be a kill on pretty much any hero in their lineup. But i know the frustrations of playing with a team that refuse to lane properly.

Sorry i can't be of much help as you seem to be doing the right things as a support which is what i mainly play as. I see many wards and dewards in good positions.
It sucks as a support when you are stuck on a lane with someone that should be roaming/ganking while the other lane has two carries fighting for last hits.

I have almost stopped trying to tell people that they are doing something wrong because i find it hard to explain something without them thinking that i am flaming them. Like, how do you even do that? Add a smiley or emote at the end?

That's what we told him, but he refused to change lanes, he kept insisting he called it in minimap during hero selection.....

Thanks for the input btw, really appreciated.

That's what we told him, but he refused to change lanes, he kept insisting he called it in minimap during hero selection.....

Thanks for the input btw, really appreciated.

Yeah you are going to meet people like that sometimes. Going in suboptimal lanes because they are stubborn and wont take anyones advice. I actually had a Lion once who went mid with when we didnt have any support on the safelane and a good mid hero and he refused to leave unless we commended him and gave him a vote on his effigy.
We all did, he had over 100 votes on his effigy and we won the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I kind of wish DOTA 2 was more like this.

Although to be fair we did have bathtub interviews before Twitch clamped down on it.

i just like variety

I don't want Dota or the scene to be only one thing

I wanna point to the international as professional, respectable, and well done

and the summit as just a goofy fun time

and anything in between

Strider

The one hero I never want a teammate to pick is slark... Because they always seem to end up getting shadowblade n feeding kills left n right and never farming.

My slark last game had 31 last hits
facepalm.gif

The one hero I never want a teammate to pick is slark... Because they always seem to end up getting shadowblade n feeding kills left n right and never farming.

facepalm.gif

how to win with a friendly slark:

Pick a support who can set up a pounce

Kill enemy offlaner 30 times

win.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm wit it. Dat dewarding and pounce.

What's the item build tho

the item build is

1 ???????????
2 ??????????
3 ?????????????????????
4 ??????????????
5 ????????????????????????????????????????????????????
6 wards
7 recovery midas

Kard8p3

u kno wat

im not even sorry for picking pl.

edit

wtf where are my emoticons for gaf??? anyone else not have them on firefox?

J2d

facepalm.gif
I always pick up shadow blade to be honest, my problem is that I tend to go for Midas and spend too much time farming since it's so easy with hero :(

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
i thought the general idea of midas was accelerated leveling, not gold

I always pick up shadow blade to be honest, my problem is that I tend to go for Midas and spend too much time farming since it's so easy with hero :(

I'd say midas OR shadowblade. Both are very good, though. Getting both leaves you pretty squishy and costs quite a bit.

Chris R

Am I paranoid/crazy to think the people who made Rocket League hired a bunch astroturfers?

It's really fun.

The servers are easily 100x worse than Dota2's servers though, and that kinda kills any enjoyment you might have. I can understand them not expecting the game to be so big, but they have had plenty of time to spin more servers up and fix the terrible lag.

Top Bottom