• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

That's disgusting.
sick.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There was a DK in my game the other night that has 1,300 games as DK and FOUR games total with the rest of the hero pool. I don't understand the mindset of anybody that can like ANY hero enough to play only that hero, much less a hero as boring as DK.

Here this guy:

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/168868741/matches

Look at the item builds too! No matter how long the game lasts he never gets more than 3-4 slotted with a heart or AC being the last item. How is that even possible?!

There was a DK in my game the other night that has 1,300 games as DK and FOUR games total with the rest of the hero pool. I don't understand the mindset of anybody that can like ANY hero enough to play only that hero, much less a hero as boring as DK.

Here this guy:

Look at the item builds too! No matter how long the game lasts he never gets more than 3-4 slotted with a heart or AC being the last item. How is that even possible?!

Most of his game end in 35-45 minutes, after which DK drops off(though not as hard as some other heroes), this guys obviously fully understands that and either finishes in that timeframe or has a high risk of losing.

I don't understand why you would go the same item build on the same hero every single game though, I doubt he even has that great of an understanding of what DK is capable of as he never tries anything out of the ordinary or adapts to enemy heroes or different situations. It's like assuming the world is flat because you're too scared to find out if that's actually true.

But I guess if he's having fun...

Chris R

Holy shit, that feeling when you ALMOST throw mega creeps. Troll, Invoker and WR were clearing the waves with ease and people kept running in one at a time.

Reckoner

The hell

You made me notice that Lil B is following Dota 2's Twitter. He's so based. Does he really play it?

Btw Artour's great music taste makes him the goat and his streams are really fun. I'm definitely all Team Secret for TI5.

Here this guy:

Probably played the tutorial and decided to stick with DK

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The hell

You made me notice that Lil B is following Dota 2's Twitter. He's so based. Does he really play it?

Btw Artour's great music taste makes him the goat and his streams are really fun. I'm definitely all Team Secret for TI5.

Lil B is following 1.25m accounts, I'd imagine his bot just adds everyone that follows him or has a decent amount of followers.

Kard8p3

idk i generally play a lot of heroes, but if i feel a hero is free mmr (jugg/troll/undying in the past, pl now (for me at least)) I will play them more than others. even if that is hella disgusting lol

Reckoner

Holy shit guys

I felt like a true carry now. Totally inspired by Hylian7's yesterday streaming, started practicing with Storm Spirit. Just won a 4vs5 match now. Really fun hero. So much powah.

Lil B is following 1.25m accounts, I'd imagine his bot just adds everyone that follows him or has a decent amount of followers.

Yeah, I noticed that. But Dota 2 seemed a bit out of a place, so for a second I thought he was really into it. Maybe he is. Someone ask him pls.

Acinixys

Here this guy:

>Normal Skill

Into the trash it goes

Pratfall

Here this guy:

this is equivalent to playing candy crush

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Here this guy:

¿hupsel?

Here this guy:

At least one of those matches he was forced to play a different hero because someone else already picked DK.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i have literally no idea why people skip doppelganger, it's easily one of the most broken abilities in dota 2

kionedrik

I don't agree with skipping doppelganger as well but it's perfectly understandable why some people do it.

PL has shit HP and strength gain, illusions need stats and a lot of people still look at him primarily as a split pusher, which means you'll only need your escape once in a while.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
then skip E instead

doppelganger is literally one of the dumbest, most broken spells in dota, if your 'way' of playing the hero is to skip it then you need to revaluate your life choices

kionedrik

then skip E instead

doppelganger is literally one of the dumbest, most broken spells in dota, if your 'way' of playing the hero is to skip it then you need to revaluate your life choices

There are spells far more broken than doppelganger. fotm pick bs has 3 more broken than it.
Phantom Rush is one of those value point skills and a lot of people look at doppelganger the same way.

Leaving Drow's silence at 1 is much more retarded than leaving doppelganger at 1 imho.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
There are spells far more broken than doppelganger. fotm pick bs has 3 more broken than it.
Phantom Rush is one of those value point skills and a lot of people look at doppelganger the same way.

Leaving Drow's silence at 1 is much more retarded than leaving doppelganger at 1 imho.

maybe if drow's silence also disabled passives, made drow immune to right clicks, and cost 50 mana

kionedrik

maybe if drow's silence also disabled passives, made drow immune to right clicks, and cost 50 mana

Mana-wise I agree with you, on the rest you're just being silly.

When I play PL I always skill him 4-4-1-3 because I like the low cooldown on doppelganger and I like to build PL for battle instead of endlessly split-pushing. A lot of people still see him as he was 2 years ago, including pros, and copycats love to follow blindly what others, more famous people, have done, without trying to understand why they are doing it. Back then doppelwalk (?) was also a value point skill most of the times and I think you could disjoint projectiles as well, although I'm not 100% sure on this.

Pratfall

Mana-wise I agree with you, on the rest you're just being silly.

When I play PL I always skill him 4-4-1-3 because I like the low cooldown on doppelganger and I like to build PL for battle instead of endlessly split-pushing. A lot of people still see him as he was 2 years ago, including pros, and copycats love to follow blindly what others, more famous people, have done, without trying to understand why they are doing it. Back then doppelwalk (?) was also a value point skill most of the times and I think you could disjoint projectiles as well, although I'm not 100% sure on this.

if you are building him for battle, I am of the opinion that you shouldn't skip phantom rush. The cooldown and range boost makes it so you can be much more elusive in fights in combination with doppleganger. This allows you to still fight and disengage before you get your first tank item (skadi, heart, manta or satanic).

Yeah. He's such a hard hero to fit into a lineup.

I hope valve would reveal the next hero just like what they did to tech.

they have
Just check the picture above the "frost avalanche" text. Zet.

Unless you mean a showmatch which I doubt, we have no hint towards Zet being close to release.

I bet Kunkka's getting picked for some kind of gimmick lineup. Riki too. Pudge and Meepo only if a team is desparate
Maybe a kunkka SD or kunkka OD combo (OD with aghs is perfect as a combo with ghost ship)

kionedrik

if you are building him for battle, I am of the opinion that you shouldn't skip phantom rush. The cooldown and range boost makes it so you can be much more elusive in fights in combination with doppleganger. This allows you to still fight and disengage before you get your first tank item (skadi, heart, manta or satanic).

It's not really necessary because:
- Lance has low cd and a pretty good slow
- You only want to show up to fights after you get diffusal, so you can use that to catch up
- You can always use doppelganger forward towards the target

You also don't want to be the one doing the tanking for a while and that's another reason doppelganger is so good. If things heat up you can always create illusions and hope that they confuse them enough for you to finish the job.

Pratfall

It's not really necessary because:
- Lance has low cd and a pretty good slow
- You only want to show up to fights after you get diffusal, so you can use that to catch up
- You can always use doppelganger forward towards the target

You also don't want to be the one doing the tanking for a while and that's another reason doppelganger is so good. If things heat up you can always create illusions and hope that they confuse them enough for you to finish the job.

The only thing I see as a drawback to this strategy is that a lot of your dps comes from diffusal procs from illusions. Phantom rush allows all your illusions to chase while lance, diffusal blade and dopplewalk only brings yourself and 1 illusion. I can see both being viable but phantom rush on your illusions is very nice.

Also, phantom rush is a haste effect so you can chase through slows.

kionedrik

The only thing I see as a drawback to this strategy is that a lot of your dps comes from diffusal procs from illusions. Phantom rush allows all your illusions to chase while lance, diffusal blade and dopplewalk only brings yourself and 1 illusion. I can see both being viable but phantom rush on your illusions is very nice.

Also, phantom rush is a haste effect so you can chase through slows.

PL main strength was always his ability to quickly create a massive army of illusions. Add the fact that illusions damage is a % of your physical base damage but they do full mana burn damage and you'll get that your main source of damage will always be your illusions mana burning your opponent at the same time they continuously reproduce. That's why diffusal is the biggest damage item PL can get in the early-mid game and it's a core on the hero. If the enemy has no mana to burn he becomes as effective as AM.

Doppelganger moves all your illusions in a rather big AoE to the destination AoE and creates 2 more. So if you're chacing with 3 illusions after you cast doppelganger you'll have 5 illusions to mana burn the target and, if I'm not mistaken although I'd love someone to confirm it, Phantom Rush cd is reset after doppelganger on you and your illusions.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How come Team Secret is still Team Secret without a big esports organization sponsor?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
How come Team Secret is still Team Secret without a big esports organization sponsor?

Because they realized that if you're the best you don't need an organisation taking a cut of everything and telling you what to do.

Pratfall

PL main strength was always his ability to quickly create a massive army of illusions. Add the fact that illusions damage is a % of your physical base damage but they do full mana burn damage and you'll get that your main source of damage will always be your illusions mana burning your opponent at the same time they continuously reproduce. That's why diffusal is the biggest damage item PL can get in the early-mid game and it's a core on the hero. If the enemy has no mana to burn he becomes as effective as AM.

Doppelganger moves all your illusions in a rather big AoE to the destination AoE and creates 2 more. So if you're chacing with 3 illusions after you cast doppelganger you'll have 5 illusions to mana burn the target and, if I'm not mistaken although I'd love someone to confirm it, Phantom Rush cd is reset after doppelganger on you and your illusions.

The doppleganger moving all your illusions is a good point. Hmmm, I will give the value point in rush, the rest into stats build a try. Though I cant find anything that says that doppleganger resets phantom rush CD.

Top Bottom