• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

shira

Wheres the Cyborgmatt jersey?

He's classy now, wear's a damn suit every LAN

new page bump - getm now - I think today is the deadline for before TI

http://store.hkarmy.com/products/team-secret-jersey-arteezy
http://store.hkarmy.com/products/team-secret-jersey-kuroky
http://store.hkarmy.com/products/team-secret-jersey-puppey
http://store.hkarmy.com/products/team-secret-jersey-s4
http://store.hkarmy.com/products/team-secret-jersey

aegis2015.gif
#HYPETRAIN
aegis2015.gif

Haunted

Really it's that bad? I guess we should be happy that we have several regions that have a decent chance of taking it, even though NA only has one legitimate team.
Having several viable competitors from different regions is actually extremely vital to keeping interest and global relevance up long-term.

I maintain that competitive SC2 was choked by the absolute Korean dominance (it's at least one of several reasons).

Chris R

EG vs Secret grand finals is going to break viewing records for sure

That would be a great final, but I think I'll be happy no matter what. Deathballpush games were the worst. Additionally we get the Bo3 Loser's Finals in the morning before the Bo5 Grand Finals.

Wonder if Valve plans on doing the Team Interview stuff before the GF again like they did last year. It didn't bother me much since I was just in the Secret Shop line for the entire thing but it did seem a bit silly...

Indignate

Wonder if Valve plans on doing the Team Interview stuff before the GF again like they did last year. It didn't bother me much since I was just in the Secret Shop line for the entire thing but it did seem a bit silly...

Who would ask the questions this time if Matt is tied up being a manager?

Quesa

Time for the Rektreational this weekend (times are PDT)

Sat. 7/25
12am-3am - Wildcard - Uptown Dunk vs. 1992 Dream Team

9am-12pm - Poutine King Bar vs. Bugatti Lifestyle

12pm-3pm - Pit Lord Meta vs. [Wildcard Winner]

3pm-6pm - Spooky vs. Phosphor Pheeders

6pm-9pm - Zeroes of the Storm vs. Suicide Kings

Sun. 7/26
9am-12pm - Round of 4-1

12pm -3pm - Round of 4-2

3pm-8pm - BO5 Grand Finals

Didn't get the time I wanted (early afternoon). Team: Let me know how many of these times you can make! If we win we'll be playing a lot of dota on Sunday.

Time for the Rektreational this weekend (times are PDT)

Sat. 7/25
6pm-9pm - Zeroes of the Storm vs. Suicide Kings

Didn't get the time I wanted (early afternoon). Team: Let me know how many of these times you can make! If we win we'll be playing a lot of dota on Sunday.

If? We better win. We already beat these guys once in the group stages!

dac15_angry.gif

TUSR

Banned
rofl hylian

last night i had a guy random disruptor and he was freaking out asking why he had to support all game

Hylian7

I told a guy no to giving him tangos and then he bitched at me and I told him why I wasn't giving him tangos. Then three people muted me all because I didn't want to give him tangos.

Hylian7

To expand on the tango thing, supports are living on the poverty line already, and now you're asking them to sacrifice regen so they can't trade hits with the offlaner.

TUSR

Banned
Storm wanted to lose that game so fucking bad.

Your kunkka was legit, by the way. Storm wasn't great but that kunkka got so many perfect stuns on him.

yeah he was good

28 minute game but i didnt get the 25 minute rax challenge completed

what a waste

To expand on the tango thing, supports are living on the poverty line already, and now you're asking them to sacrifice regen so they can't trade hits with the offlaner.

I give tangos to my mids because I know they won't get any farm anyway. They might as well buy that null tali now 'cause I know once they get to lane they'll start losing all that gold anyhow.

Hylian7

I give tangos to my mids because I know they won't get any farm anyway. They might as well buy that null tali now 'cause I know once they get to lane they'll start losing all that gold anyhow.

I buy Null and my own tango. I have 4 tangos, and can still get a bottle by ~2 minutes, maybe a little after, but worth it so my supports can pressure the offlaner more.

Trading hits without extra regen as squishy ass WD is no bueno.

Very true. And this is why I think Dota 2 is turning into a bad game. But don't get me started as I will likely be attacked from every direction for saying so.

Sianos

valuable 2k mid lesson of the day

don't waste your time stacking camps after nuking waves as a mid hero

because then your wonderful meepo viper safe lane will steal them to build two meks

also the sadness of stomping someone named "MID OR HOLOCAUST" (all-chatting racial slurs as he feeds, of course) but in the end watching him get carried to victory - didn't even finish a 40 minute battlefury on ember

anuxi_mirana.gif

Very true. And this is why I think Dota 2 is turning into a bad game. But don't get me started as I will likely be attacked from every direction for saying so.

Nah, I think the support role is a bit underwhelming at the moment. Better itemization for the team, but it doesn't really feel satisfying, I find.

Epix

They should add some mechanics to encourage good support play. Give bonus gold/exp when enemy heroes are killed in range of a ward etc...

kvk1

No attacks, just wondering why you think that? Or what your alternative would be?

"Poor" supports are not an inherent design in the game. It's a player/team decision to funnel the experience and gold that 4th and/or 5th player would receive to other positions that can potentially take advantage of it more.

Top Bottom