• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

JC Sera

Had no idea what steven universe was.

So it's from the people from adventure time? no thanks. Can't say I understand how that show became such a phenomenon.
if the lol randomness turned you off from adventure time and bravest warriors, give SU a chance. It really is a brilliant and well written show.

I'm with you Tsunami. I find characters like Steven, who are totally oblivious to what is obviously the correct thing to do, irritating over time. I would rather watch a show just about the Gems honestly, they are interesting enough characters as is. I gave it like 15 episodes but I think I am done.

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret was an exercise in masochism for me for that very reason. I hated literally every character in that show but kept giving David Cross the benefit of the doubt. A Gem spinoff would be ideal.

Go watch Haikyuu

I've watched some of Kuroko's Basketball and Prince of Tennis so I'm almost positive that sports anime isn't for me.

I also hate when that happens and that does change, though I can't really pinpoint when that happens. He'll still be a child but episodes don't revolve around him doing dumb stuff anymore, and to my surprise he became more likeable. I think I started liking the show around episode 12, the first episode I really loved was ep 9, the show starts getting more lore intensive from episode 10 and onward(though filler episodes will remain a thing of course) and the gems will get more focus. I'd say keep going for ~10 more episodes and if it's still not enjoyable it may not be for you. The show gets into some major stuff around episode 25.

To give a little context, I'm a person that bailed on Adventure Time because I got annoyed by the fact that the episodes that "mattered"(aka story stuff happens) were few and far in between, and I love Steven Universe.

After years of watching Naruto, filler episodes have never really phased me, but now I definitely give them a pass because plot episodes in AT are far denser than I ever give them credit for. I usually reserve post-episode analysis reading for shows like Mad Men, but I highly recommend paying attention to /r/adventuretime's Episode Discussion threads. Everyone on the subreddit seems to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the universe and it blows my mind how much stuff I would miss if it weren't for these threads.

I'll probably give SU another 10 eps like you're suggesting.

Kard8p3

I feel the second half of Steven Universe is a lot stronger then the first half. But if you don't like it you don't like it
anuxi_rum.gif

Ya the first few episodes are kind of random, but once the story actually picks up its awesome.

fav episode is probably jailbreak/keystone motel.

edit also su has no filler episodes really, just world building

After years of watching Naruto, filler episodes have never really phased me, but now I definitely give them a pass because plot episodes in AT are far denser than I ever give them credit for. I usually reserve post-episode analysis reading for shows like Mad Men, but I highly recommend paying attention to /r/adventuretime's Episode Discussion threads. Everyone on the subreddit seems to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the universe and it blows my mind how much stuff I would miss if it weren't for these threads.

I'll probably give SU another 10 eps like you're suggesting.
I'll check that out, I'm giving AT another chance since SU made me think I'm missing out.
Ya the first few episodes are kind of random, but once the story actually picks up its awesome.

fav episode is probably jailbreak/keystone motel.
Totally with you there, I've seen Keystone Motel like 5 times already, so good.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
“Satoru Iwata,” I read aloud, “the president and CEO of Nintendo for more than a decade, has died at the age of 55.”

“Good,” Maggie, age ten, says. “Nobody likes Nintendo.”

grave.gif
grave.gif
grave.gif
grave.gif
grave.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm starting to actually REALLY like playing against Techies!

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1651124357

wKFUVAI.png

I was a human minesweeper again in this game. Techies and Venge were doing some cheeseball meme shit swapping people into mine traps, so I took it upon myself to roam around like an idiot and take all their bait. Techies got a LOT of kills while the rest of my team shat on the PA.

There was a point in the game where I was on a suicide run into their woods to minesweep it. I laid down a sentry where I knew Techies was mining, then I started hitting his mines. I only got halfway done killing the stack of mines when PA jumped on me and crit me. I was down to about 100 HP and I slowly crawled my way onto the Techies mines and fed him the kill rather than give it to the PA! SO GOOD!

I am 100% definitely going to get into low prio one of these days for all the shit I talk to Techies pickers. I don't mind, really, I'm just kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet.
smile.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ixmike has over 2,000 viewers. People are desperate to watch Dota.

I always found it strange how some League pros manage to stream 24/7 when we pretty much always experience pre-TI blackout because everyone is grinding for that $5,000,000.

I guess you don't need to bootcamp if your subs will pay your bills for you.

JC Sera

WR is one of the best heroes against techies
uphill scouting ability + gem + 600 range + hard to kill if played right = sad techies

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I always found it strange how some League pros manage to stream 24/7 when we pretty much always experience pre-TI blackout because everyone is grinding for that $5,000,000.

I guess you don't need to bootcamp if your subs will pay your bills for you.
NA/EU teams don't have a shot at Worlds

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did Riot pit the Europeans against the Koreans round 1? I thought Europe was better then America at that game too.

Quesa

If one of the immortals is the literal MF DOOM mask that would be the only hero I'd play and I'd change my name to Immortal Man's Most Blunted

Reckoner

I'm glad I finally started playing and getting the joy out of Mirana. She's such a fun hero and also has a great presence on the lane. The harrassing is amazing with her, as Arrows make enemies think twice and her damage output is also very cool.

In this match, for example, we didn't let Slardar farm for shit. Got also the first blood the game didn't even start, as we're fighting for the runes. Arrow and BAM. It was also fun to jump through Fissure's and Nature's Sprout.
cool.gif
It was like a perfect pick for that match.

They were also very bad.

Epix

Nice. Got a 24 ban for the server being unable to connect to 5s after accepting the game. Guess I'll use this time to play non-Valve games.

I can't win with PL no matter how hard I try.

I had the same problem in 6.83 where I couldn't win with Jug.

Maybe I'm just not channeling my inner scum lord or something.

Top Bottom