• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
sure. what's your point? You said they couldn't make money off a remodel. I showed you an example where they did a remodel for free with the option to buy the arcana. So they can make money off of a remodel.

oh sorry, i misread your post, i thought you were saying they would do a remodel for free.

Cool, it's super easy getting local business hyped about #TI5

http://uncleikespotshop.com/
http://www.seattlehashtag.com/

Both 10% off your orders with your TI5 badges

goodjob.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Just had a match where the other team had a lot of disconnects in reborn. I had the challenge for 6 straight kills and was at 5 when I decided to do something stupid and die as a Spectre with radiance.

I have an did feeling I'll not have an easier match for 450 coins.

Hylian7

Just had a match where the other team had a lot of disconnects in reborn. I had the challenge for 6 straight kills and was at 5 when I decided to do something stupid and die as a Spectre with radiance.

I have an did feeling I'll not have an easier match for 450 coins.

The disconnects were probably what I had in my first ranked match in Reborn. It tried to load and just kept kicking me back to the menu, not letting me connect, so I had no choice but to hit the abandon button.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder whats going to be at the Juggernaut Plaza. Looks like its in the same place the secret shop was last year:
ti5ticket.jpg

Hylian7

I wonder whats going to be at the Juggernaut Plaza. Looks like its in the same place the secret shop was last year:
ti5ticket.jpg
I wondered this too when I saw it on my badge. Is "International Fountain" the actual name of that fountain or are they calling it for TI5?

I checked out Steven Universe based off the limited hype in this thread and Sugar's Adventure Time pedigree but I'm pretty underwhelmed so far (7 eps in). I hate shows that try to drive plot by making the main character do something the viewer knows is wrong and so far every episode's primary conflict boils down to: Steven does something stupid and has to fix it.

Does this change as the show progresses or what. I want to like it, I like Pearl's character and the universe seems intriguing, but you can only pull the "Steven's a silly, precocious child," card so many times. I enjoy Regular Show, so I clearly set the bar pretty low for what constitutes good story development, but still...

shira

so due to some gaffers backing off at the last minute, I now have some TI tickets. Anyone still looking for some?

:sigh:

ti5ticket.jpg

Haha you are not 1337

Juggernaut Plaza is either the VIVE HTC VR testing area or the Team Gear/Non-welovefine shop

Pratfall

I checked out Steven Universe based off the limited hype in this thread and Sugar's Adventure Time pedigree but I'm pretty underwhelmed so far (7 eps in). I hate shows that try to drive plot by making the main character do something the viewer knows is wrong and so far every episode's primary conflict boils down to: Steven does something stupid and has to fix it.

Does this change as the show progresses or what. I want to like it, I like Pearl's character and the universe seems intriguing, but you can only pull the "Steven's a silly, precocious child," card so many times. I enjoy Regular Show, so I clearly set the bar pretty low for what constitutes good story development, but still...

I'm with you Tsunami. I find characters like Steven, who are totally oblivious to what is obviously the correct thing to do, irritating over time. I would rather watch a show just about the Gems honestly, they are interesting enough characters as is. I gave it like 15 episodes but I think I am done.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
WHERE ARE MY FUCKING TICKETS

Go watch Haikyuu

I also hate when that happens and that does change, though I can't really pinpoint when that happens. He'll still be a child but episodes don't revolve around him doing dumb stuff anymore, and to my surprise he became more likeable. I think I started liking the show around episode 12, the first episode I really loved was ep 9, the show starts getting more lore intensive from episode 10 and onward(though filler episodes will remain a thing of course) and the gems will get more focus. I'd say keep going for ~10 more episodes and if it's still not enjoyable it may not be for you. The show gets into some major stuff around episode 25.

To give a little context, I'm a person that bailed on Adventure Time because I got annoyed by the fact that the episodes that "mattered"(aka story stuff happens) were few and far in between, and I love Steven Universe.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
:sigh:

Haha you are not 1337

Juggernaut Plaza is either the VIVE HTC VR testing area or the Team Gear/Non-welovefine shop
Its not mine, I just took the picture from reddit. Mine is somewhere in the mail pipes, I think it has to go to Florida then get forwarded to Texas.

FACE

Banned
I also hate when that happens and that does change, though I can't really pinpoint when that happens. He'll still be a child but episodes don't revolve around him doing dumb stuff anymore, and to my surprise he became more likeable. I think I started liking the show around episode 12, the first episode I really loved was ep 9, the show starts getting more lore intensive from episode 10 and onward(though filler episodes will remain a thing of course) and the gems will get more focus. I'd say keep going for ~10 more episodes and if it's still not enjoyable it may not be for you. The show gets into some major stuff around episode 25.

To give a little context, I'm a person that bailed on Adventure Time because I got annoyed by the fact that the episodes that "mattered"(aka story stuff happens) were few and far in between, and I love Steven Universe.

Is that the Final Fantasy 13 defense?

bounchfx

i bought FF13 while waiting for GoW3 to come out. I played for 12 hours and decided I couldn't waste any more time just finishing the tutorial. I fucking love FF but holy shit fuck that game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel the second half of Steven Universe is a lot stronger then the first half. But if you don't like it you don't like it
anuxi_rum.gif

Had no idea what steven universe was.

So it's from the people from adventure time? no thanks. Can't say I understand how that show became such a phenomenon.

Top Bottom