• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

MikeDown

Banned
I have discovered the secret to dota, windranger/warlock combo everyone things they are supports but they are two of the hardest carries in the game

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It appears one of my games of Dota was lost to the aether today. Was a real nice comeback win too and there's no record of it in my profile or Dotaboof.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1982762514

Had a really terrible early game and recovered.

The Centaur on my team kept saying "u suck" and yelling at me for every single decision. One such example was the Linkens, which was for the Orchid and all targeted stuns. "Linkens won't work you fuck" he said. It did.

My friend that was stacked with me (Jakiro) said he was going to buy a gem, Centaur protested this, we bought the gem, dead Clinkz all day every day.

Moral of the story: Don't lose faith in your teammates just because of prior fuckups.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1982762514

Had a really terrible early game and recovered.

The Centaur on my team kept saying "u suck" and yelling at me for every single decision. One such example was the Linkens, which was for the Orchid and all targeted stuns. "Linkens won't work you fuck" he said. It did.

My friend that was stacked with me (Jakiro) said he was going to buy a gem, Centaur protested this, we bought the gem, dead Clinkz all day every day.

Moral of the story: Don't lose faith in your teammates just because of prior fuckups.

This happened to me fairly recently with a Bane on my team. I just mute early whenever that happens, honestly. You just know that once they start complaining they're gonna be shitty the whole game.

Hylian7

TBH I want AP, Spell Lifesteal, more CDR from LoL and Talents (spell sidegrade customizations) from HOTS.

Steal what's interesting and make it better in a Dota context.

sick.gif

Those are all the worst aspects of those games. At the very least, bringing AP over would cause the entire game to have to be redone from scratch. Magic damage in Dota is different than in LoL. Spells have peaks, that's part of how the heroes work in Dota. If you were to add something that allowed all of them to scale, then you would have a hilariously imbalanced game to deal with. It would seriously look like Dota Imba.

The Talents thing from HoTs is really unnecessary, as the main reason it's in HotS is because there are no items. In Dota we have spells being different levels, and it's important how you level up your skills, and items of course.

I really think much more than Octarine Core for Spell Lifesteal and Cooldown Reduction is overkill. It goes back to the Ability Power thing, it would throw balance severely out the window. This is what Dota does different anyway, it doesn't need to become those games.

BHK3

Banned
So Necro+Wisp is the key to easy MMR. Problem is you get ONE bad relocate TP and the north american 4k TARDS start feeding because everyone has the mental fortitude of a 3 month old. Can I claim to be a refugee of NA Dota and move to germany?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
is this anime avatar trend an attempt to drive me out of the thread in sheer DISGUST

because it's WORKED, good BYE

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
CDR should be more common in dota. Makes things so interesting.

I feel CDR is to cheap in LoL. I actually like its current version in Dota, where only a single expensive item gives it.

I really don't like any of the mechanics LoL added over Dota. Don't like Brush, don't like every spell scaling, don't like the ability to buy items that reduce stun/slow severity, don't like the ability to buff your hero pre-game. To me, most of them make balancing the game much harder, and end up pushing the way the game is played into a numbers optimization game. A few of the mechanics works well as one off passives (A hero that could reduce all CC effects by 50% could be cool), but for the most part I don't think them getting a wide scale adoption would be good.

The "after three hits do X" is an alright mechanic, just overused in LoL. It feels like 1/4 character and items have something that does that.

Mordeccai

lol it always amazes me when I you I run into people like that in MMOs.

Willing to pay for you to go away cuz ur ruining the RP. I for one appreciate a random duo of minstrels popping in to say hello.

I feel CDR is to cheap in LoL. I actually like its current version in Dota, where only a single expensive item gives it.

I really don't like any of the mechanics LoL added over Dota. Don't like Brush, don't like every spell scaling, don't like the ability to buy items that reduce stun/slow severity, don't like the ability to buff your hero pre-game. To me, most of them make balancing the game much harder, and end up pushing the way the game is played into a numbers optimization game. A few of the mechanics works well as one off passives (A hero that could reduce all CC effects by 50% could be cool), but for the most part I don't think them getting a wide scale adoption would be good.

The "after three hits do X" is an alright mechanic, just overused in LoL. It feels like 1/4 character and items have something that does that.
CDR is for sure too cheap in LoL. Supports could hit the cap even before Riot deliberately gave supports like 10x the gold income.

That said, Octarine being the only source of CDR is kind of boring. At least give us a physical damage hero alternative for Weaver.

I also like the "X hits for Y effect" mechanic. Makes stacking attack speed viable. I also agree it's over used. Kennen is a good example of it used well. Every 4 autos (iirc, no idea if it's changed) he gets an auto that gives the enemy a stacking debuff. Additionally, all of his spells give that debuff on contact as well. When the debuff hits 3 stacks you get a 1s (again, I think?) stun. Makes for really interesting all-ins 1v1, sometimes even 1v2 if you get a good shot.

Top Bottom