• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Acinixys

Jesus christ tobear. Port trolling or some shit i guess. You really get banned for the stupidest shit in the gaming section.

I lurk gaming, but I never post for fear of getting banned

There are so many fucking retarded discussions there that make me want to swear at people

G.ZZZ

I never get banneed either because i'm a nice person who work in chairties for free.

I'm the personification of white privilege.

Wok

A few things that I noticed in Ranked beween upper 2k and 3k:
  • people like to trilane more often in 3k, which sucks for offlaners,
  • opponents always teleport to defend a tower,
  • teammates do not follow in the ballsy dives that I like to do, they prefer to stop chasing and go farming instead and I end up dying instead of getting like triple kills.
This makes games slightly more difficult at first, because it is surprising. However, the 75% winrate with Terrorblade is still there. I am now sitting at 3.3K in Ranked... and rising.

DofMfvZ.png

I reached 4K in Unranked by spamming Riki support and Ember Spirit. I am going to reach 4K in Ranked by spamming Terrorblade offlane and Earth Spirit.

Ultrabum

A few things that I noticed in Ranked beween upper 2k and 3k:
  • people like to trilane more often in 3k, which sucks for offlaners,
  • opponents always teleport to defend a tower,
  • teammates do not follow in the ballsy dives that I like to do, they prefer to stop chasing and go farming instead and I end up dying instead of getting like triple kills.
This makes games slightly more difficult at first, because it is surprising. However, the 75% winrate with Terrorblade is still there. I am now sitting at 3.3K in Ranked... and rising.

I reached 4K in Unranked by spamming Riki support and Ember Spirit. I am going to reach 4K in Ranked by spamming Terrorblade offlane and Earth Spirit.

How do you find your unranked MMR?

Wok

How do you find your unranked MMR?

It is in the VHS bracket, so higher than 3.7K, plus I look at the in-game profiles of the teammates to check their Ranked MMR. Most of them had around 4K.

One thing that I forgot to mention: people actually chain-stun properly above 3K.

Ultrabum

Ah damn, I wanted to know if my unranked mmr was higher than my ranked (4.3k). I usually play very high skill games in groups, but probably can't tell them really.

I see the 2nd teams as a training ground for new comp players.
Also the parent team will benefit if a player/team is good, he can transfer to the A team without cost.
In another scenario, another team wants to buy the player and the parent team will gain money.

Auteezy

Banned
i don't get banned because deep down on a subconscious level everybody knows what i say to be true. Also I only post here, HotS community, and college football threads.

If you are new to dota you should probably play abaddon. You just shield yourself and run at heroes and it can be a lot of fun. It's not really real dota but as long as you have fun who is to say it isn't real dota. However, my teammates are not allowed to do fun shit or have fun, must be 100% devoted to winning. Don't turn into me.

73V3N

Banned
Never been banned either. I find most bans hilariously predictable. How hard is it to stick to the rules?

I got banned in a "do people get easily offended" thread, cause i said "looks like the answer is yes, look at this thread, lot of people are offended"

how is that predictable

Twookie

man i'll buy whatever ffvii remake ends up to be at this point

people are so mad in that thread, they're all def going to buy it anyway i know it

kionedrik

I see the 2nd teams as a training ground for new comp players.
Also the parent team will benefit if a player/team is good, he can transfer to the A team without cost.
In another scenario, another team wants to buy the player and the parent team will gain money.

That was what I thought as well because it makes sense and because it is similar to what real sports teams do (main team, b-team, u-19 team, etc).

But that doesn't explain why western teams aren't doing it as well. Is it lack of capital? Over-saturation of the player market with new pub-stars rising every month? Simple lack of mid-to-long term strategy?

Twookie

What if it is $60 per part? Or even $40?

i never buy games anymore since there are no games that i want, but i actually want ffvii so yeah i probably would buy it for that price

it honestly depends on how spaced out they are compared to eachother, if they're just months away from eachother then i might wait a little, but i doubt the episodes are just going to be months away as this project is huge.

Twookie

people love ffvii, ofc square is going to milk this shit to the fucking moon

there is no way it's going to be under 40 bucks

that thread is pretty crazy

kionedrik

The FF7-R bubble burst meldown will be epic.

Honestly the remake can't come soon enough just so the hyperbole surrounding the original game can end once and for all.

Top Bottom