• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Deltoid

Banned
can secret and eg players just retire so we can get some good casters pls

where u at anbokr ownedddd kid "they r going to charge microtransaction for every hero" 4Head

it sounded like they would charge before, but they weren't explicit, they probably changed their minds

one of the advantages of reddit based development

Artstyle seems to never be able to get any farm at all, he must be doing something wrong I don't know
I don't think he ever learned how to farm as a support in a pro game as opposed to someone like PPD who chooses to maximize his team's farm instead.

If Na'Vi stick to Artstyle they're gonna have a bad time.

Auteezy

Banned
clairvoyance has always been obnoxious and unappealing. I don't understand how he still gets casting gigs.

cuz once u get 1 casting gig once it's probably pretty easy to find early morning co-caster parts at awkward times when anybody with some semblance of talent would not take that small-time 5am gig.

9289-clair1.jpg

Fevaweva

W33 + Windranger might be my favourite Pro and Hero combination right now. It reminds me of Storm Spirit SumaiL with the amount of ridiculous shit he can do with the hero.

Any of you guys know anything about the original Resident Evil for PS1? There's three different versions and at least one of them has the shitty music.

Wok

Just to let you know TB is the most broken hero right now:
  • pushes faster than most,
  • fights stronger than most,
  • harasses very strongly (AM loses all his mana due to his own mana burn),
  • can get a double kill when fighting with 1% hp with a clever sunder,
  • one of the strongest late game carry.
Amazingly broken.

Plus now, I know that I can use Manta, then Metamorphosis to get super strong ranged illusions with a lower cooldown on Manta, and melee illusion stats. Even more broken than ever.

Hylian7

Just to let you know TB is the most broken hero right now:
  • pushes faster than most,
  • fights stronger than most,
  • harasses very strongly (AM loses all his mana due to his own mana burn),
  • can get a double kill when fighting with 1% hp with a clever sunder,
  • one of the strongest late game carry.
Amazingly broken.

Plus now, I know that I can use Manta, then Metamorphosis to get super strong ranged illusions with a lower cooldown on Manta, and melee illusion stats. Even more broken than ever.

Honestly when I read about his changes in the 6.85 patch notes, and seeing he was removed from CM, I thought this would make him broken as all hell. Turns out, I don't think he's that out of whack really and this could work. There's a few major weaknesses he has.

- Killing him is not like killing PL or Naga, you know which one is the real one. However you can still use his illusions against him.
- Ember Spirit is one of the stronger heroes today, and is of course extremely good against him. You can also bring in the classic AoE counters to him, Axe, QoP, and of course Earthshaker
- Single target works too as long as you can isolate him, you can find the right one with no problem though.
- He doesn't splitpush near as effectively as he used to, since he can no longer just send Conjure Images while in Meta form and have them stay in Meta form.

No doubt he is strong, but I think he's very beatable and definitely not at the levels of 6.79 Earth Spirit or any other balance atrocities like that.

Wok

Honestly when I read about his changes in the 6.85 patch notes, and seeing he was removed from CM, I thought this would make him broken as all hell. Turns out, I don't think he's that out of whack really and this could work. There's a few major weaknesses he has.

- Killing him is not like killing PL or Naga, you know which one is the real one. However you can still use his illusions against him.
- Ember Spirit is one of the stronger heroes today, and is of course extremely good against him. You can also bring in the classic AoE counters to him, Axe, QoP, and of course Earthshaker
- Single target works too as long as you can isolate him, you can find the right one with no problem though.
- He doesn't splitpush near as effectively as he used to, since he can no longer just send Conjure Images while in Meta form and have them stay in Meta form.

No doubt he is strong, but I think he's very beatable and definitely not at the levels of 6.79 Earth Spirit or any other balance atrocities like that.

I have not faced an Axe yet. QoP and ES seem like good counters on the paper. Lina dominates him early and mid game. Magnus not too bad too.

However, this only works for some time. In my pubs, the hero is way too strong even against theoretically good counters. I have never seen that. I run him as offlaner, I am not even trying.

For 6.85b ranked games, no matter the bracket:
LQLYHXv.png

For 6.85b high-skill ranked games:
FcTg4fM.png

I could not play Earth Spirit when he was stronger... and did not face any good one back then. TB is very easy to master: press Q, win lane, and the spell scales perfectly well.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Earth Spirit is a hard hero to play, he is one of the strongest heroes in the game if played well, but super easy to fuck up with and be reduced to a feeding machine.

Top Bottom