• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT12| A Safe Place For Your Sociopathic Behaviors.

Went 30-3 with WR on my first game on my real main that I haven't touched in ages. Commend. I have basically abandoned this acc in mid 2014 with a few ranked games inbetween. Also came back from a 17k gold deficit the next game. We lost all three lanes thanks to a jungling Doom. I can't comprehend why anybody would jungle this patch with a hero who is way better in lane. He was so bad, it was almost game ruining. Contributed fucking nothing to the game and I honestly wished we had lost so that turd learns his lesson. Went Midas -> Radiance after we got steamrolled early game. He had no sense for the flow of the game at all. I mean, I was stacking with low MMR friends but that shit wasn't even 2k worthy.

maelk and merlini are back
PogChamp.png

Hylian7

I have not faced an Axe yet. QoP and ES seem like good counters on the paper. Lina dominates him early and mid game. Magnus not too bad too.

However, this only works for some time. In my pubs, the hero is way too strong even against theoretically good counters. I have never seen that. I run him as offlaner, I am not even trying.

For 6.85b ranked games, no matter the bracket:
LQLYHXv.png

For 6.85b high-skill ranked games:
FcTg4fM.png

I could not play Earth Spirit when he was stronger... and did not face any good one back then. TB is very easy to master: press Q, win lane, and the spell scales perfectly well.

6.79 Earth Spirit back in the day was not too incredibly hard to master in the laning phase, and that was usually all you really needed to take control of the game in the first 5 minutes. You go mid, get level 3, drop a rock behind them, pull, roll, kick them into your tower, guaranteed kill unless they are Puck or something. You do this a number of times and then the rest of it just comes fairly easily. He was a real balance atrocity back in the day.

I don't see Terrorblade too often in my games. I've had a total of 9 games against him in 6.85 and 6.85b. I've won 4/9 games against him, but honestly that's an incredibly low number of games to be statistically significant, and I feel like in some of the games, Terrorblade wasn't the reason we lost.

bbd23

Last time the patch notes really did leak, and this really replicates the format. So I think there is a good chance these are legit:
http://www.hastebin.com/ayacihimek.vhdl

Crystal Maiden
Arcane Aura mana regen increased from 1/1.5/2/2.5 to 1/1.75/2.5/3.25[?]Self mana regen increased to 2/3.5/5/6.5
Arcane Aura now increases Crystal Maiden intelligence by 3/5/7/9

smile.gif

New Rocket Barrage:
==============
Toggle to continually shoot rockets at the cost of mana and attack speed.

-Duration: Until toggled off
-Rockets Per Second: 10
-Damage Per Rocket: 8/12/16/20
-Activation Mana Cost: 45
-Mana Cost Per Second: 8/12/16/20
-Attack Speed Loss: -30

LOL

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Crystal Maiden
Arcane Aura mana regen increased from 1/1.5/2/2.5 to 1/1.75/2.5/3.25[?]Self mana regen increased to 2/3.5/5/6.5
Arcane Aura now increases Crystal Maiden intelligence by 3/5/7/9

smile.gif

New Rocket Barrage:
==============
Toggle to continually shoot rockets at the cost of mana and attack speed.

-Duration: Until toggled off
-Rockets Per Second: 10
-Damage Per Rocket: 8/12/16/20
-Activation Mana Cost: 45
-Mana Cost Per Second: 8/12/16/20
-Attack Speed Loss: -30

LOL

I think that Rocket Barrage may even be better at getting first blood. Level 1 boots Gyro new meta.

I wonder if we will get a new hero. While there isn't any in that leak, a new hero wouldn't necessarily need to be on the same page as the patch notes.

I am not sure they're real simply because they clash with information that we already know (Lycan Aghs, DP rework, etc).

Additionally that Rocket Barrage change is horrendous.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Puck
Phase Shift duration increased to 1.25/2/2.75/3.5
Puck can now turn while in Phase Shift without ending it
Phase Shift can now be cast while rooted

Puck to see play, right after everyone is furiously done clicking on gyrocopter.

Hylian7

Puck
Phase Shift duration increased to 1.25/2/2.75/3.5
Puck can now turn while in Phase Shift without ending it
Phase Shift can now be cast while rooted

Puck to see play, right after everyone is furiously done clicking on gyrocopter.

1.25 seconds level 1 for 0 mana. Yeah this is fake.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I am not sure they're real simply because they clash with information that we already know (Lycan Aghs, DP rework, etc).

Additionally that Rocket Barrage change is horrendous.

we don't actually know that for sure though, it was just hearsay

the one thing that is weird to me about those "fakes" are the random buffs to fairly strong heroes like TA and rubick, but who knows, 6.84 did actually legit leak in a few places but no one ever believes the leaks cuz for every real you probably have 25 fakes... dem 4 lycan wolves tho. that presence of the dark lord rework is also pretty good fake or not, fits SF's theme and makes it more unique

1 aghanims and 0 new heroes in there tho that's also pretty fishy

Zoon

Is this some kind of joke?
Heat-Seeking Missiles will now actually heat seak and cannot be disjointed[?]Going invisible still masks your heat signature and avoids the missiles
Why would someone pick potm when you can get the superior NS
Added Aghanim's Scepter: Permanently increases Mirana's night vision to 1800 and increases her allies night vision to 1400 if it is lower than that during Moonlight Shadow
Someone either had a lot of free time or I don't know wtf is Icefrog smoking

KingKong

Why would the leaker have whats basically the source code for the patch site, really doubt testers are getting their hands on the drop down boxes and images

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
time to screen/interrogate beta testers if this turns out to be the second time in a row every detail was leaked lol

Why would the leaker have whats basically the source code for the patch site, really doubt testers are getting their hands on the drop down boxes and images

when 6.84 leaked a day or two early it was exactly like this with the ? and boxes

time to screen/interrogate beta testers if this turns out to be the second time in a row every detail was leaked lol

when 6.84 leaked a day or two early it was exactly like this and no one believed the guy

Implying 6.86 will be out before OT13 is up and running?

also, who's doing OT13? Are we going back to MS Paint drawings?

Tusk
Ice Shards no longer provide any vision
Snowball speed reduced from 675 to 500/550/600/650
Walrus Kick damage changed from 200 to a 275% critical strike

fake as FUCK

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
that "leaked" gold lost on death formula looks ugly as sin too, if you're #1 or #2 networth on your team you are now losing significantly more gold on death

If those are correct, all my favourite carries got buffed. No complaints.

Also it's a fuck ton of work for this to be fake. might not be the final iteration though.

bounchfx

I donno, valve said that 6.86 would shake stuff up. 6.85 was just kind of a temporary shit to keep stuff fresh. I haven't gotten through it all yet, but what do you guys think? are these big enough changes to 'shake things up' ? so far it seems like a lot of buffs but nothing game changing. I'd expect 1-2 new heroes too though.

edit: pretty huge WW nerfs and yet nothing done to nerf tusk. fuck shit this

Gyro's Rocket Barrage change seems monstrous. And I really can't imagine Earth Spirit being allowed into Captain's Mode without changes in his abilities, not just his ultimate.

between big jungle changes, some pretty big changes to things related to pushing/income, and 3 new heroes in CM, i'd say that shakes things up adequately.

bounchfx

whoa hold the phone, no invoker changes

where my dawgs at

pretty legitimate LC ahgs change though, seems like it could be useful now

edit: also this
Veil of Discord
Activating it now provides vision over the target area

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I donno, valve said that 6.86 would shake stuff up. 6.85 was just kind of a temporary shit to keep stuff fresh. I haven't gotten through it all yet, but what do you guys think? are these big enough changes to 'shake things up' ? so far it seems like a lot of buffs but nothing game changing. I'd expect 1-2 new heroes too though.

edit: pretty huge WW nerfs and yet nothing done to nerf tusk. fuck shit this

Depends on the map changes. The hero stuff is mostly minimal, some heroes will be more relevant and others will fade. There are some changes (smoke is better, night vision is smaller, gold loss change etc) that make it seem like they want to emphasize ganking even more that might change the meta a bit, but there's nothing in the hero changes that will have an impact on that i don't think.

Also, Tusk vision change and snowball roll speed is fucking huge, might even kill the character.

Provided these changes are real.

Demoli

Fake until proven otherwise.

Still, if it was indeed true it's milder than i expected apart from those death gold changes.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah about that... It's already 0.5 seconds.

My first thought is "That wraps up that!"

My second though is that it does say recalled, and the guy writing the notes goofed when copying the old values. Though it does seem odd to buff level 1 and nerf level 4.

So yeah, good chance at being a fake, we will find out within 2 days for sure.
I want to believe

G.ZZZ

EleGiggle le fake changelogs comment

Sniper 12 seconds shrapnel and 0.7 seconds headshots eHEHEHEhehEHEH

Skywrath mage arcane bolt int bonus increased FROM 1.6 TO 1.7 GG

IT'S FIVE MORE DAMAGE AT LEVEL 25 KAPPA.

SF seems a great change, not a fan of the increase mana cost on razes but oh well.

The int mana regen nerf is also really ?!?!?!? That's a 25% regen nerf on all items basically what a horseshit change.

Sand king change if real mean he can always channel an ulti after the stun at lvl4.

Pudge is unchanged and i like the hero but it's getting so outclassed by eevetyhting.

Omni change make him finally a good support hero, and 64% win rate in pubs ez.

Necro got +6 base damage not sure why it's written that way but it's extremely significant.

Luna aura seems super good for laning too. All team +20 damage first night? EleJiggle.

Legion still shit but her aghanim's good now. 6 Second disable plus massive damage reduction against rest of the team mean you can blink duel aggressively with it.

KKa got a buff on his ghostship!?!! Why? Like whatever.

Faceless void still useless.

Elder titan now has a real ultimate and on 85 secs cd.

Doom is meganerfed and i don't understand why. The hero was fine after the last change. Also, the gold loss increase is also a huge nerf for him and alchemist. GG Doom you won't be missed anyway. Wolf nerfed too lol.

CM even more of a non-hero mana fountain. Meanwhile her ult lvl 2 and 3 is still uncastable because of her int gain. Nice design icefraud.

Brew back to the offlane.

Cent now has a really good stun radius. I think he could be viable as an alternative to slardor.

Batrider was megabuffed. If you keep lvl 1 firefly it's 15 dot that get amplified TWICE by napalm. So i guess now you keep lvl 1 firefly and max napalm and break first and basically you keep the same DPS because of the doubled napalm effect.

Urn is such a fucking good item already 200 pure damage wow.

Axe get even more base str he's gonna be even more annoying in lane now. Due to the str changes, he also get 0.56 hp regen more compared to last 6.85.

Of the items Armlet change seems relevant for the item and make it even better for str-heroes. Crimson buff seems decent but it's still an item for few heroes, not that i mind. Dust now is SUPER good vs invis, acting as a detector lmao. Drums is getting buffed again and again as a midgame item. One drum activation is such a sick buff on the team. Vanguard +40 hp may look like whatever, but the item was considered mega broken at 300 bonus and was nerfed to 250. Times have changed, but it's essentially old broken vanguard again.

This is a relatively small patch all things considered imho. Not as game changing as many others, but i may be underestimating the radiant rework since i can't see it.

Top Bottom