• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
holy shit rofl

so I just played with this winner:

dude instapicks arc warden, doesnt say a word. we ask what lane he's going, if he is there/can type, etc. no answer. he gets ganked by tinker mid and then starts bitching. I say oh hey dude, and he then says how he muted me. after the game ends, he proceeds to send me a party invite (which I decline), and then three group invites immediately

2015-12-16_22-04-30.png

must be quite a person to know

edit: we won btw, here was the result
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2008065339

On the one hand, dude has a Stargate reference for his name.

On the other hand, it's unequivocally the worst part of Stargate.

What a nerd.

is there any good part in stargate though

MEET ME SOMEWHERE

Nerfs were way too light (except SF I guess) and very few buffs overall, lots of new stuff but I feel like it's not enough to shift the meta

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nerfs were way too light (except SF I guess) and very few buffs overall, lots of new stuff but I feel like it's not enough to shift the meta

Having both Earth Spirit and Oracle in CM should be enough to shift the pro Meta, along with the new items. It just takes time for picks to change.

-10 damage on calldown and -20 on shards is a joke, they'll still be top picks unless there's a huge meta shift

Earth spirit and oracle were added but doom and wyvern booted. Just a shift in bans i guess, also sf is not banworthy anymore

marrec

Banned
-10 damage on calldown and -20 on shards is a joke, they'll still be top picks unless there's a huge meta shift

Earth spirit and oracle were added but doom and wyvern booted. Just a shift in bans i guess, also sf is not banworthy anymore

I feel like the Offlane meta can shift around a bit with Bats and DK getting pretty significant buffs, DK is basically never going to leave the lane. Bats with Lens could lead to some shenanigans.

sephi22

Aether Lens is the anti-nerf bat. Undoes some of the nerfs on range that some characters got. Bat is obviously amazing with lens. It improves Euls range too which was nerfed in response to the Lina Euls meta. Also improves WD's Ward placement and WW's initiation range. Roar is crazy with it.

With an 8% spell vamp and 200 range, it pretty much works like a mini-aghs for most non-ultimate abilities. But I find that item slots are starting to feel in short supply for more and more characters, with Aether Lens + Aghs being viable on certain spellcasting heroes. That's one less slot for Force/Blink/Mek/Sheep/etc

I almost wish boots get a separate slot from the 6 item slots, since all 10 heroes buy some form of boots. But I understand how crazy that would be. Balance would go out the window and many heroes would have huge peaks in power because of a new slot available.

Instead, I wish TP scrolls stop using up a slot. That'd be an okay compromise since many heroes get BoTs by late game anyway. That way, I can make a decent number of mid game items like Lens, Euls and Blink without feeling slot capped. Whatever I'm talking out my ass anyway. A change in 1 armor can snowball and shake the meta of this game. Messing with item slots might ruin it

Aether Lens is the anti-nerf bat. Undoes some of the nerfs on range that some characters got. Bat is obviously amazing with lens. It improves Euls range too which was nerfed in response to the Lina Euls meta. Also improves WD's Ward placement and WW's initiation range. Roar is crazy with it.

With an 8% spell vamp and 200 range, it pretty much works like a mini-aghs for most non-ultimate abilities. But I find that item slots are starting to feel in short supply for more and more characters, with Aether Lens + Aghs being viable on certain spellcasting heroes. That's one less slot for Force/Blink/Mek/Sheep/etc

I almost wish boots get a separate slot from the 6 item slots, since all 10 heroes buy some form of boots. But I understand how crazy that would be. Balance would go out the window and many heroes would have huge peaks in power because of a new slot available.

Instead, I wish TP scrolls stop using up a slot. That'd be an okay compromise since many heroes get BoTs by late game anyway. That way, I can make a decent number of mid game items like Lens, Euls and Blink without feeling slot capped. Whatever I'm talking out my ass anyway. A change in 1 armor can snowball and shake the meta of this game. Messing with items slots might ruin it
No,decisions = depth

Twookie

i love tusk

i love his model, his animations, his voiceacting

but good lord can icufroggu nerf this motherfucker to the ground soon?

Chris R

I thought Lens fixed techies? I saw a gfy...

Or was that just damage range and it still doesn't trigger until the unit is right on top of it?

I thought Lens fixed techies? I saw a gfy...

Or was that just damage range and it still doesn't trigger until the unit is right on top of it?
While lens is really good with aghs remote mines since you get like 900 range with the thing and can stay out of fights. He still has a load of other problems like how badly he needs other items before getting lens and the fact that icefrog still hasn't patched out the AOE gold nerf he appilied to techies after TI5

Quesa

Does anyone have a link to the Summit 4 video where pro players say they'd like to remove Earth Spirit from the game? I'm looking on their channel and can't find it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Played two games against Zet and won both. Both times he was mid and went Midas Necro Manta. That's definitely a lot of shit to have to deal with once he has all those items. We had carry shaker in the first game and tbh game was easy. 2nd game we fed super hard early and had to deal with Zet Army split pushing, but the other team had no actual carry, so end game was super easy.

xctn's earthshaker could have just done a double quad echo slam
just walked away
rofl

and then he dies with 10 gold away from buyback
double rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom