• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow ursa fell off who woulda thought
Keepo.png

What are you guys doing today? Are practice areas available?
No practice PCs and WCA won't help us with anything. Luckily we brought our own translator so we found a small cafe to goto. It's so fucking cold though, we are all feeling sick. Doesn't help that Yinchuan is basically a ghost town.

Hilarious to see Void's winrate decreasing because his new, obviously more useful skill, is now an active that requires mechanical skill. Pub winrates of heroes correlate highly with difficulty or rather ease of execution.

No practice PCs and WCA won't help us with anything. Luckily we brought our own translator so we found a small cafe to goto. It's so fucking cold though, we are all feeling sick. Doesn't help that Yinchuan is basically a ghost town.

Yeah there was that reddit post about how there's not even the grand finals on stage too and shit. Started late, technical issues, they're already like a couple hours behind schedule, sounds kinda terrible.

Interesting there hasn't been an earth spirit yet(I think, haven't checked all games). I guess the nerf to the pull was really a big deal.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
there was an earth spirit game and he was also banned several times. i'm surprised no one has tried TB yet tho (i think he's been second/third round banned a couple times as well tho)--he's still got all of his old weaknesses (fragile, illusions are paper), but new reflection is insane and more than makes up for those deficiencies imo

i guess in this age of tusk and undying all over ur dick tho it's hard to get some space/time as a TB with like 400 base hp. EE SAMA SHOW US THE WAY

Hilarious to see Void's winrate decreasing because his new, obviously more useful skill, is now an active that requires mechanical skill. Pub winrates of heroes correlate highly with difficulty or rather ease of execution.

But Lone Druid's WR has increased and the same thing happened to him getting a new active.

t0rment

TB is only good against dumb people. the hero has 1000 hp at 20 minutes and now you can see who's the real one, any half decent coordinated team can blow in up in a team fight in 2 secs.

But Lone Druid's WR has increased and the same thing happened to him getting a new active.

That's interesting. Perhaps it's due to LD's low pickrate compared to Void's whose pickrate is like 4x higher so LD's variance would naturally be higher. I'm not sure though. Looking at the top win rate heroes, ease of hero mechanics is clearly the dominating contributor to high win rates.

Red UFO

Dazzle needs another nerf too, especially now WW isn't in CM anymore, I still don't think there's a better role 5 in the game.

How so ?
He's a mini meepo imo, and even then his ult is less punishing than meepo
There's a huge difference between two units micro and 3+ units micro tbh

Hes on the same level as meepo/chen

If you cant micro 4+ units you're not going to do much with him
There's only 2 units at best(I'm not counting manta) and there's zero punishment for losing your clone. The hard part is that you have to keep track of the spells and items of two different heroes and if that's too much to handle then you're better off playing a different hero, I'm sure he's trash tier without his ult(if not, he's broken).

DrPizza

Banned
The Desert Terrain is so god damn good.
The visibility is awesome!

I had no idea that cactus was as delicious and refreshing as tree!

The new skills obviously gives you more control, but I'm not sure it's "more useful". Backtrack could save your life, letting you dodge lethal damage. The new timewalk cannot.

inkls

nerfing stacking doesn't nerf jungling. Junglers like enigma, chen and ench rarely do stacks by themselves. It hurts heroes with aoe clears like qop, ta, storm, sf, who use those stacks to catch back up. They might make it that mud golems generate a magic resist aura to make it harder to clear larger stacks similar to when they added that passive to one of the ancient that gave aoe creeps more hp.

wildwing tornado and satyr shockwave are both magic; adding magic resist immediately and dramatically affects the two most useful spells for chench to clear camps

they could just increase the dmg of the two abilities to make up for it.

alternatively change their damage types. That said, I don't think magic resist is the answer. Lots of heroes utilize magic damage spells to farm that aren't abusing the jungle like storm or SF or TA do. Slark, for instance.

they wouldn't add magic resist anyway; so many non-carries would be nerfed in the process (centaur, junkiro, ogre, etc. etc. etc.)

yup.

Think the best way to nerf jungle abuse is to nerf the specific heroes. No need for changes to the jungle itself. Though perhaps some jungle geography changes would be appropriate. make stacking/farming from mid less trivial.

inkls was right, moblin and normalfish were left

PogChamp.png

inkls was right, moblin and normalfish were left

PogChamp.png

inkls = ice frog
explains why you have been away for awhile. working hard on the patch.
you also like to shitpost about patches being out before they actually are, toying with us for amusement, because you knew the real time it will be out. YOU KNEW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom