• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

kionedrik

I haven't played Dragonfall or Hong Kong yet, but Shadowrun Returns is one of my greatest videogame disappointments as a lifelong Shadowrun fanstraight. I hear they get better, but the linear, story-based XCOM-lite structure just does nothing for me. I wanted them to release a new Shadowrun Genesis/Megadrive and they released a new Shadowrun SNES.

SR:D and SR:HK have little in common with SR:R. I was also disappointed with Returns but Dragonfall is a true return to form and a great RPG.

Returns wasn't that bad but it's limitations were quite noticeable.

Hylian7

You insist on maxing desolate, but I've found most pro players max dagger by 8 with 2 points in desolate.

Why? That sounds terrible. Dagger isn't for the damage. I mean if you have a team that can sit there and protect you while you do nothing, sure, go for it, but most of the time you're going to have to bring something to the table.

You insist on maxing desolate, but I've found most pro players max dagger by 8 with 2 points in desolate.

depends on the situation imo; pro teams are better at dealing with desolate than pubs (they group up more smartly etc) and can maximize the utility of the slow... it can often (or usually, in shit tier) be really successful to use haunt as a zeus ult and kill stragglers until you get a few items up

But if the team is just going to go around and gank or try and group up for pushing, then the extra damage/slow on dagger is probably more useful. The actual damage difference between the two builds on a level 1 haunt can't be that high.

and I don't buy the "level desolate so you can harass" bullshit, She shouldn't be harassing anything but creeps

with a webcam
Kreygasm.png

kiguel182

I had a game yesterday where you were winning until my team decided to just stand back, ward and defend without pushing again and we ended up losing. All while they were asking to play as a team but going their separate ways just warding everything. I got killed a bunch because as a support I had no idea what to do.

I'm still bitter.

Hylian7

depends on the situation imo; pro teams are better at dealing with desolate than pubs (they group up more smartly etc) and can maximize the utility of the slow... it can often (or usually, in shit tier) be really successful to use haunt as a zeus ult and kill stragglers until you get a few items up

But if the team is just going to go around and gank or try and group up for pushing, then the extra damage/slow on dagger is probably more useful. The actual damage difference between the two builds on a level 1 haunt can't be that high.

and I don't buy the "level desolate so you can harass" bullshit, She shouldn't be harassing anything but creeps
I agree with that, yeah, in that case of teams are being smart about Desolate then I can see the case for that maxing Dagger build.

Another benefit of max Desolate is that if things are really bad and you are run off the map quickly, you can farm jungle with it. Get Iron Talon, cheap and worth it if you are in that situation.

If you have a support that can potentially setup kills, going for max Desolate can be great in that situation too. Chances are chasing someone will involve some type of tree juking shenanigans. Dagger keeps vision, but you get a ton of damage with a high Desolate. Hell often I get pretty proactive about seeing what my teammates will go for and make sure to mark them with Dagger. It's effectively an old Track level of vision on them, as long as you targeted them directly and it doesn't matter if they Blink, invisible, or whatever.

What a wonderful quest path of the blossom is!

Had an ember offlane feeding and hurling insults at our silencer because he didnt by vision even when he said he was a core... why fucking offlane anyway?

NotLikeThis volvo

Quesa

Who wants to join my stack to face mumble gaf round two tonight

I will. I am also enlisting gaf to help me get this stupid warding quest out of my life

actually fuck it, I'll buy it, it's 2 dollars to help me evade Dota's Biggest Clowns, who've come out of the woordwork to make sure I never get this quest. If I get it off the market do I get the second style

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's nice seeing classic lineups like Tide/Enigma.

BHK3

Banned
Silencer is basically my go to support now, no stun but who cares his Q just simply cannot be dealt with. High cast range on his spells make tp ganks a sinch and if game gets hard he can transition into a carry. My only issue is I seem to always get Midas on him but I buy the item so rarely I don't know when I should and shouldn't be getting it.

G.ZZZ

You've mighty suspect judgment (and taste, besides) if you think she's unhealthy just from looking at her glorious, glorious thighs.

Sry but i have a scientific method to determine when it's too much: if they are thicker than the one i almost choked on when she facesitted me, she's illegal for me.
But i guess cultural background and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom