• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vade

CLcnfFc.jpg

DrPizza

Banned
Is anyone else feeling sort of stressed about the quests? I'm sure I have plenty of time to do them all, but I don't feel I have plenty of time to do them all.

Carlius

Banned
fuck this patch...all i see is fuckign invokers and fucking pudges all over...reatrded pudges ruining ranked matches cause they cant hook for shit

Kade

Surprisingly, I've encountered a lot of Legion Commanders. Was some pro streaming her in the past week or something?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Its amusing to look at the Release Date for items, since normally its super off and is actually the date the item was made/approved.

Like the Undying Taunt was made May of last year. Likely made for TI5, and Valve decided to hold back on it.

Its interesting to see Valve being more liberal with making changes to submitted sets too. Adding the Pink Particle to Rubick's set, releasing only parts of a set rather then full sets, adding the blue parts to the ember set (Which do make it look a lot better)

Like this is what the ember set submitted looked like:
Qh6lUYQ.gif

shira

Its amusing to look at the Release Date for items, since normally its super off and is actually the date the item was made/approved.

Like the Undying Taunt was made May of last year. Likely made for TI5, and Valve decided to hold back on it.

Its interesting to see Valve being more liberal with making changes to submitted sets too. Adding the Pink Particle to Rubick's set, releasing only parts of a set rather then full sets, adding the blue parts to the ember set (Which do make it look a lot better)

Like this is what the ember set submitted looked like:
Qh6lUYQ.gif

http://i.imgur.com/SfFXnDp.webm

The particle is mirrored in the RH sword with a red particle.
The Blaze armor/salakot/bounch's set all look much better imho.

Anyway, I really miss when Matt would break everything down so you knew everything about what was what. Belvedere just posts links to the workshop.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at the Schema a bit, it looks like there is now support for different styles of items having different ability icons.

Shinypogs

Get yonex's rage from Rylai wheel, get Yonex's rage a few hours later from crimson parcel, sucks that I can't even consume the spare for levels. Still this has been a pretty damn generous event/pass overall and I'm hoping it's successful enough for passes to be the future.

Hylian7

I saw this one earlier today. That reminds me: I think every new player guide should just say "if the other team has anyone invis, buy detection, no matter what role you are."

Even in my pubs sometimes, we have moments of "he went invis, who has detection..." and then nothing and he gets away.

If the game automatically bought appropriate detection for people in pubs, what would happen to them? Would the invis pickers learn to expect it and play accordingly, or would they keep getting blindsided by it games would be thrown back and forth because of the "invisibility = invincibility" mentality?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
those protoss looking sets are unfortunate but honestly that's what you all voted for when you bought the gundam looking spectre set &c. &c.

those protoss looking sets are unfortunate but honestly that's what you all voted for when you bought the gundam looking spectre set &c. &c.

tbqh, as has been said...this where Valve has set things up to go. they've stripped trading, then put themselves in a position where everything has to have flame effects and shit in order to sell. So now everything has effects and icons and every new set really has to one-up the set before or...well, why buy the new set?

You guys don't even want to imagine what this game is going to look like in 3 years. But you can start finding out by loading up TF2. Funny that Alpine Ursa wouldn't even cause someone to blink in 2016 if it was a new set being added.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
tbqh, as has been said...this where Valve has set things up to go. they've stripped trading, then put themselves in a position where everything has to have flame effects and shit in order to sell. So now everything has effects and icons and every new set really has to one-up the set before or...well, why buy the new set?

You guys don't even want to imagine what this game is going to look like in 3 years. But you can start finding out by loading up TF2. Funny that Alpine Ursa wouldn't even cause someone to blink in 2016 if it was a new set being added.

i mean y'all already bought the catgirl drow set so.......

i mean y'all already bought the catgirl drow set so.......

that was the true beginning of the end.

At least the gundam spectre still follows the color scheme and looks like spectre. now we have this stupid red skywrath mage. RED!!. they changed silencer's colors to purple so he wont be confused to DK or something and now they gave sky a red set. It has a blue style variant already done in the workshop too but they intentionally picked the red style. ITS FUCKING RED!
rage.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom