• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
fear has got to be the most impressive player in the game right now

in more ways than one
bts_lina.gif

Zoon

I lost 2 games in a row because some guy left since he didn't finish his quest.Other game safe lane loses horribly to solo death prophet, and of course this ember had ~7 loses with ember in his last games.

Red UFO

Being a bit of a shit talker (mostly replying to idiots) got me <3 reports and 5 commendations.
Being an insta-muting polite guy got me 7 reports and 0 commendations.
Being a super absolute whiney toxic piece of shit got me <3 reports and 1 commendation.

Dota science.

Ultrabum

Being a bit of a shit talker (mostly replying to idiots) got me <3 reports and 5 commendations.
Being an insta-muting polite guy got me 7 reports and 0 commendations.
Being a super absolute whiney toxic piece of shit got me <3 reports and 1 commendation.

Dota science.

N=???

yeah you don't want to roll on the subway service RNG, I usually only end up with one piece of pepper if I don't double check. The important part is making sure they don't put lettuce in there

the real strat is to never eat that garbage, though

Chris R

Big game almost started.

I think Fluff has it this year, but who knows, Ruff might take it. Expecting some strong puppy performance on the field <3

Red UFO

I am so fucking livid right now the girl at subway only put 4 olives in my footlong and I didn't notice
Why do subway workers always look at me weird when I say "I just want bare jalepenos mate nothing else and some hot chilli sauce" when it comes to salad

(Bare jalepenos mate = plenty of jalepenos please [im a British commoner])

Shinypogs

SPACE APPRECIATED Earn 175 last hits as spectre
How hard is Spectre for a low tier player to manage? Obviously I see both good and bad spectres at my skill level but I've never played her before and I have no idea how difficult it is to make her work. I'm open to experimenting but I don't want to be a complete burden to the team if she requires a lot of special focus to using her skills/items since I'm not so good at the multitasking. The amount of times i recently died in fights because I forgot to activate satanic or bkb on certain heroes until too late is just sad.

SECRET SHOPPING SPREE
Achieve 11250 or more net worth before the gamer timer reaches 25:00.
Tried this in a game with dark seer, got about 3k away from hitting the goal before time ran out. I think I can manage it though if I'm proactive.

~
I have a spare devourling courier I will trade with someone for another treasure set I can consume for points.
I also have a spare yonex's rage courier if someone just wants that for free.

How hard is Spectre for a low tier player to manage? Obviously I see both good and bad spectres at my skill level but I've never played her before and I have no idea how difficult it is to make her work. I'm open to experimenting but I don't want to be a complete burden to the team if she requires a lot of special focus to using her skills/items since I'm not so good at the multitasking. The amount of times i recently died in fights because I forgot to activate satanic or bkb on certain heroes until too late is just sad.

It's a very, very easy challenge if you build a radiance on her.

She's not difficult to play as a new-ish player, really. Just be conservative, watch the map, farm farm farm, press R when you think you can kill, and farm some more. You'll win soon enough.

Hylian7

SECRET SHOPPING SPREE
Achieve 11250 or more net worth before the gamer timer reaches 25:00.
Tried this in a game with dark seer, got about 3k away from hitting the goal before time ran out. I think I can manage it though if I'm proactive.

~
I have a spare devourling courier I will trade with someone for another treasure set I can consume for points.
I also have a spare yonex's rage courier if someone just wants that for free.
Maxing Desolate does work, especially in pubs game. The other team will think you are useless until you ult and bop then down with a level 4 Desolate because they didn't get close to their teammates.

Beyond that it's about survival and salvaging farm if you have to. If they run you off the map, get Iron Talon and PMS. Kill the small neutrals first, and Talon and Desolate the big one last.

The survival aspect comes down mainly to map awareness, but also tricks with Dagger. You get a grace period off of the path, so use and abuse it. You can throw off enemies' predictions of where you went and TP out if you have to. Get a Quelling Blade early for CS and to cut yourself out if you get stuck.

Get an Urn and watch the map for chances to ult and participate in fights. With 3-4 points in Desolate, you are still pretty effective. You will get a sense for what you can actually go for, but for starters, I wouldn't chase anything with more than a quarter of health left.

Shinypogs

Ty for the help guys, completed it first go round, I'm not great at selecting a clone to haunt to half the time or if I do I lose my position on the map but we won and at 4/3/20 I don't feel like I was a burden even if I most definitely was not the person carrying the game. I found Spectre to be fun later on but really fucking boring at the start.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I am so fucking livid right now the girl at subway only put 4 olives in my footlong and I didn't notice

To be fair if I worked in sandwich construction and someone told me they wanted olives on their sandwich I wouldn't actually believe them and would just skip them altogether.

sephi22

Sometimes I wonder why Lich is in this game. He never gets picked outside of someone's first dozen Dota2 games. Ass in pubs, ass in pro, looks boring. Boring kit too. He needs a DP/FV/Doom style remake. Kill his shitty first spell and make chain frost work better than everything but shit tier. Right now he's nothing more than babby's first support

EDIT: Heck, replace frost armor too. The game has a ton of ways of getting armor without picking a shit hero.

inkls

Sometimes I wonder why Lich is in this game. He never gets picked outside of someone's first dozen Dota2 games. Ass in pubs, ass in pro, looks boring. Boring kit too. He needs a DP/FV/Doom style remake. Kill his shitty first spell and make chain frost work better than everything but shit tier. Right now he's nothing more than babby's first support

EDIT: Heck, replace frost armor too. The game has a ton of ways of getting armor without picking a shit hero.

I think its fine for some heroes to have simplistic kits. Lich was super picked last 1-2 patch ago because lich can help dominate a lane pretty well. Don't think he's awful at all.

guilty as charged
y1Uhvuo.png

Hylian7

What? His kit is fine. He has a self sustaining mana pool with an awesome ultimate (especially with Aghs), and a great harassment tool. I'd rather have him in aggressive dual offlane than a safe lane support though.

shira

Last 5 Dota Events
Jan 31 MDL Winter ($277k) 1st Ehome, 2nd EG, 3rd OG
Jan 17 Starladder/iLeague S13 ($300k) 1st [A], 2nd EG, 3rd LGD/Liquid
Jan 3 Shanghai Open ($60k): 1st Ehome, 2nd Newbee, 3rd NewbeeY
Dec 27 Radiant & Dire Cup ($150k): 1st Ehome, 2nd CDEC.Y 3rd VG
Dec 20 WCA ($650k) 1st [A], 2nd LGD, 3rd Liquid

yy7qi2w.png

Dota Tournament Dates
Shanghai Major - Mercedes-Benz Arena (Groups: Feb 25-28 Stadium Mar 2-6)
$3000k: EG, OG, [A], Ehome, VG, CDEC, Secret, VP, LGD, Newbee, Spirit, Liquid, Archon, CoL, Fnatic, MVPP
t1456369200z1.png

Dota Pit S4 - Split, Croatia (Mar 19-20)
$100k: VP, OG, Secret, MVPP, EG, CoL +2
t1458370800z1.png

ESL Manila - Mall of Asia Arena (Apr 23-24)
$250k: Ehome, Liquid, +6
t1461380400z1.png

Weplay S3 Kiev, Ukraine (May 6-8)
$200k: EG, OG, VP, +5
t1462521600z1.png

early-June: Manila Major
(My guess = Groups: May 26-29, Stadium June 1-5)
t1464750000z1.png

DreamHack Summer - Jönköping, Sweden (Jun 17-19)
t1466154000z1.png

ESL Frankfurt - Commerzbank Arena (Jun 18-19)
$250k: +8
t1466233200z1.png

Summit 5 - BTS House LA (Jul 13-17)
t1468432800z4.png

mid-August: The International 2016 Key Arena, Seattle
(My guess = Groups: August 4-7, Stadium: Aug 10-14)
t1470852000z4.png

Summit 6 - BTS House LA (Dec 7-11)
t1481133600z4.png

I think Secret bailed on Weplay . . . again.

daijobu?

he's deffo not ass in pubs... he's had a consistently great winrate across all skill levels (top 20ish)

unlike naga RIP

I mean yes he's boring but so is viper and razor and dk zzz, you pick him when you finna support but you're not quite lazy enough to pick AA

edit: also congrats lev2pudgy ????¿¿¿¿

Chris R

Of course, the only game I win today I forget to pick a quest :(

edit: New conduct report down from 99% reports to 97% :D

Bet I go back up to 99% when my tiny game is included, since their entire stack reported me

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i agrih that he's one of the least spectacular champions but he's pretty good? like his Q is great harass and great at picking off champions who are trying to escape. chain frost is best used on small groups of enemies, like if 2 champions dive someone under the tower. it's not really a teamfight skill imo.

Yeah Lich isn't very exciting but I really don't think he's bad at all, he's not a top pick by any means buy he's occasionally extremely useful. Not every hero needs to be Earth Spirit levels of difficult, we need Wraith Kings, Svens and Vengeful Spirits too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom