• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
o and my solution to the earth spirit question is just to remove utility from him. like make him not silence, make only the first hero hit be stunned, etc. 'no that removes the flavour of the character' okay but oracle, winter wyvern, &c. &c.

gai_shain

jesus fucking christ, someone on my team screams for a push lineup to complete his quest and ofcourse we lose because our team sucks and he has no idea how to pick a good lineup. How hard is it to play fucking unranked if you want to do your quests. You dont even need a push lineup to end the game in 35 mins, but nah better get one without disables.

make es's statues move at slower pace.

or the effects are like sleep, as soon as they get hit from right click/damage they're no longer stunned or silenced.

Ultrabum

They should just nerf his stats at this point. If they make the skills harder to use (range, aoe decreases) again it's going to make the hero impossible for lower skill players to use.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Funny thing: even tho I think olives taste like Satan's bhole, for some reason I kind of love olive loaf, which is notorious for being an inedible lunch meat. Also oddly enough, I hate mayonnaise, and the only sandwich I put mayo on is an olive loaf sandwich. I can't explain either of these things.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
They should just nerf his stats at this point. If they make the skills harder to use (range, aoe decreases) again it's going to make the hero impossible for lower skill players to use.

which is why i'm not suggesting that they make the skills harder to use, i'm suggesting that they simply cut utility from them

Ultrabum

which is why i'm not suggesting that they make the skills harder to use, i'm suggesting that they simply cut utility from them

Would you just decrease the durations or change them entirely? If you remove the silence on grip what would you replace it with? Maybe a slow but it give back scaling damage?

The other thing you could do is mess with the stones. Make the max number you can carry 3 and boom the hero is a lot worse.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
jesus fucking christ, someone on my team screams for a push lineup to complete his quest and ofcourse we lose because our team sucks and he has no idea how to pick a good lineup. How hard is it to play fucking unranked if you want to do your quests. You dont even need a push lineup to end the game in 35 mins, but nah better get one without disables.

Isn't the 35 minute quest not even on the main routes? I thought that one was a side quest to new bloom
thinking.gif

Would you just decrease the durations or change them entirely? If you remove the silence on grip what would you replace it with? Maybe a slow but it give back scaling damage?

The other thing you could do is mess with the stones. Make the max number you can carry 3 and boom the hero is a lot worse.

With a hero with that sort of kit you can honestly do a ton... changing the stone speed, number of stones, changing silence/stun duration based on distance (like miranda arrow), have scaling decrease in stun/silence time as it passes through more enemies (like white drow powershot), mess with the roll distance, etc.

or valve could get lazy and mess with movespeed/mana costs/cooldowns, that's usually enough to dumpster a hero for several patches

alternatively, buffing silencer would be enough. buff silencer 2k16

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't think that the skill floor or ceiling is the issue with any champion in the game because although playing earth spirit well might be well above the skill level of the average 2-3k player, there are always some people who are going to play a champion over and over until they get very good at it. so having a champion who is high skill but extremely flexible and has a lot of payoff for being high skill isn't really a 'balance', it just means that you're going to end up with a champion, like earth spirit, who is trash in lower skill games but a menace in high skill/pro games.

i mean just look at earth spirit's toolkit; he can stun, silence, disable, move enemy champions out of position, save friendly champions with grip or enchant remnant, initiate...and he can use all of those abilities in all kinds of combinations (enchant remnant on an enemy hero and smash them into their own team to stun them all and damage them, etc.)...AND he has a powerful AOE DOT ult. however you cut it imo this is just too much utility for a single champion.

i mean just look at earth spirit's toolkit; he can stun, silence, disable, move enemy champions out of position, save friendly champions with grip or enchant remnant, initiate...and he can use all of those abilities in all kinds of combinations (enchant remnant on an enemy hero and smash them into their own team to stun them all and damage them, etc.)...AND he has a powerful AOE DOT ult. however you cut it imo this is just too much utility for a single champion.

But this was the argument about tusk as well, with his ability to lock heroes into place, initiate, disable, save teammates, knock enemies out of position, etc etc

a few tweaks and where is he now?

Earth Fearit is more fun to watch than most shit and overreactions ruin fun... poor lesh tbh

but yes buff silencer and all is well. or just give earth fearit a waifu skin, that would do it too

inkls

I don't think that the skill floor or ceiling is the issue with any champion in the game because although playing earth spirit well might be well above the skill level of the average 2-3k player, there are always some people who are going to play a champion over and over until they get very good at it. so having a champion who is high skill but extremely flexible and has a lot of payoff for being high skill isn't really a 'balance', it just means that you're going to end up with a champion, like earth spirit, who is trash in lower skill games but a menace in high skill/pro games.

I don't think so. Lee sin has alot of mobility and utility as well.

Quesa

I remember someone in this thread saying you could make any hero sound broken if you listed their toolkit in this way. Invoker does a lot of this (except silence), but number changes on his skillset without cutting utility too much seems to be okay for him. Not sour grapes, just making the point that you don't have the remove utility for them to be fine.

That said, I do think ES is harder to balance because he has access to his entire toolkit very quickly, whereas Invoker has to build his up for a while and choose how he wants to spec.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But this was the argument about tusk as well, with his ability to lock heroes into place, initiate, disable, save teammates, knock enemies out of position, etc etc

a few tweaks and where is he now?

Earth Fearit is more fun to watch than most shit and overreactions ruin fun... poor lesh tbh

but yes buff silencer and all is well. or just give earth fearit a waifu skin, that would do it too

tusk has a powerful toolkit too but imo it's nowhere near as flexible or wide-ranging as earth spirit.

ES is definitely fun to watch tho, that can't be deniedT

Idk why (especially considering his place in the meta) but i really love brewamaster. There's something soothing about blinking in, clapping in the middle of multiple heros, and then busting into a primal split to keep everyone in place while my team cleans up

Idk why (especially considering his place in the meta) but i really love brewamaster. There's something soothing about blinking in, clapping in the middle of multiple heros, and then busting into a primal split to keep everyone in place while my team cleans up

also nothing worse than having your brewmaster blink in and die before he can ult because 0.65s cast point

He's not in that bad a place, though he hasn't been picked a lot. I really love him too even though I hate most heroes that require micro, he's one of the "get 6 then start some trouble" heroes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
But Matt this doesn't jive with the narrative we've built in our heads

the patch schedule was getting too drawn out imo. 6.84 lasted from april to september which was the last month that showed negative growth...then 6.86 just three months after 6.85, in december...

Glad to see player count is going up. Although, damn, that's a lot of users lost in September. Even with all that growth it's just an average net increase of 23,138 for the time period of that chart.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't think of a phrase that sums up the superiority of Captain's Draft over every other tournament in all of esports more than "1 position Omni."

Smithy C

Why has AFK jungle come back into fashion recently? I've have three games in a row where we have needed a safe lane carry but the last pick is always AFK until the last second of picking, says "jungle" and picks LC. Absolute cunts.

TUSR

Banned
Why has AFK jungle come back into fashion recently? I've have three games in a row where we have needed a safe lane carry but the last pick is always AFK until the last second of picking, says "jungle" and picks LC. Absolute cunts.
iron talon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom