• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

iron talon
If there was one item I could delete from the game, it would be that one. It's nice if I'm someone like Spectre and get run off the map, but uses like that are 10% of how I see it used. The other 90% it's people jungling heroes they have no business jungling, and make the lanes weaker as a result.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If there was one item I could delete from the game, it would be that one. It's nice if I'm someone like Spectre and get run off the map, but uses like that are 10% of how I see it used. The other 90% it's people jungling heroes they have no business jungling, and make the lanes weaker as a result.

What a silly item. I'd prefer un-nerfed Glimmer Cape to that nonsense being in the game.

wtF, just cuz u cant win ur lane doesn't mean u gotta blame iron talon for ur problems

yeh sometimes ppl jungle when it's sub-optimal, but the other 95% of uses for iron talon—support getting farm, offlaner farming the hard camp, appropriate jungling, and just plain old carry efficiency boost sometimes—make the item awesome.

we went through a phase of 4-5 patches where jungling was absolute trash and now it's a viable strategy when utilized properly (in the same way trilanes, aggro lanes, dual mids, etc.. are all viable strats when executed properly, hint, they often aren't), and b4 u say "bu bu bu my pubs dey dont utilize it proberly and i lose," think about just how many goddam things are done sub-optimally in pubs from dual lanes, to tri-lanes, to shitty offlaners, to 4-5 core lineups, to 2 mid pickers, to no wards, to no courier (ALL THESE THINGS MUST BE REMOVED!!!), and then please kindly stop bitching

Shinypogs

Used all the money I made from my good set drops from this pass to buy more chests, did not get lucky again, ahh well was still fun.

Low Tier

its only acceptable if i buy it on a hero that sub-optimally uses it (ROFL wtf talon spec gofu rly) and its just wrong if ny1 else buys it

top kek

Smithy C

wtF, just cuz u cant win ur lane doesn't mean u gotta blame iron talon for ur problems

yeh sometimes ppl jungle when it's sub-optimal, but the other 95% of uses for iron talon—support getting farm, offlaner farming the hard camp, appropriate jungling, and just plain old carry efficiency boost sometimes—make the item awesome.

we went through a phase of 4-5 patches where jungling was absolute trash and now it's a viable strategy when utilized properly (in the same way trilanes, aggro lanes, dual mids, etc.. are all viable strats when executed properly, hint, they often aren't), and b4 u say "bu bu bu my pubs dey dont utilize it proberly and i lose," think about just how many goddam things are done sub-optimally in pubs from dual lanes, to tri-lanes, to shitty offlaners, to 4-5 core lineups, to 2 mid pickers, to no wards, to no courier (ALL THESE THINGS MUST BE REMOVED!!!), and then please kindly stop bitching

Nah, that never happens. It's always silly junglers. Keep living in your fantasy land, I'll keep struggling in the real world (real world being 3.2k pubs, where I belong).

Hylian7

Well I was actually talking about pubs, I thought that was pretty clear. I know the item will never get deleted, and that it's use in pro games (and arguably higher level pubs) is different.

Obviously it isn't the item's fault that lanes (the safe lane) get lost. It's just frustrating to see someone go off and jungle Jakiro or something with it, leaving the carry solo against an aggressive dual or trilane, then have the nerve to say "why are you losing your lane?" and "where's your farm?" without so much as even poking their head out of the trees to help.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Nah, that never happens. It's always silly junglers. Keep living in your fantasy land, I'll keep struggling in the real world (real world being 3.2k pubs, where I belong).

in the real world of 3.2k where literally everything goes wrong beyond some inefficient jungling? i'd probably also want to see wards, dagon, couriers, half the carry pool, and the midlane deleted if i played in 2-3k, doesn't mean they should be.

Well I was actually talking about pubs, I thought that was pretty clear. I know the item will never get deleted, and that it's use in pro games (and arguably higher level pubs) is different.

Obviously it isn't the item's fault that lanes (the safe lane) get lost. It's just frustrating to see someone go off and jungle Jakiro or something with it, leaving the carry solo against an aggressive dual or trilane, then have the nerve to say "why are you losing your lane?" and "where's your farm?" without so much as even poking their head out of the trees to help.

i'm also talking about pubs lol? in pubs it's never used for more carry CS efficiency, legit jungling, offlaning, or farming on supports? maybe in your pubs *shrug*

Someone going off and jungling as jakiro isn't going to be a result of iron talon, it's going to be a result of stupidity and people did it all the time pre-iron talon age regardless. They get mad at their safe lane or don't wanna play a support so they abandon it and jungle (or contest safe lane CS, in which case again, going off and jungling is better rofl), at least now they can do so with a little bit of added efficiency. Not to mention it's not always bad to abandon your safe lane as a support with iron talon, hell if you've crushed the enemy offlaner or your safe laner is getting fine cs and can zone out effectively; go ahead and double your efficiency with intermixed jungling.

its only acceptable if i buy it on a hero that sub-optimally uses it (ROFL wtf talon spec gofu rly) and its just wrong if ny1 else buys it

top kek

also this ^^^, hylian. in your original critique on iron talon, it's ironic that you mention the one limited case in which YOU find iron talon useful on the one hero you play that utilizes it, and then proceed to disregard/flame every other possible instance or use of the item from those other 'silly pubs'. definition of an extremely narrow-minded view with regards to the item (you only see how it's useful to yourself and no one else)

gai_shain

i played with an np who cliff jungled ancients 40 minutes into the game please discuss

nice
goodjob.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i played with an np who cliff jungled ancients 40 minutes into the game please discuss

Normal Skill

LOL what a great game. This explains everything, god that was amazing to watch live, dat chatlog. I highly recommend watching that game btw if only for the all chat. Also this particular cliff jungling prophet for 40+ minutes in milkman's game didn't even purchase an Iron Talon. Just goes to show that people will pull stupid game losing shit (especially in lower brackets but also higher), no matter what. Iron Talon or the addition of any new items or heroes isn't going to profoundly curb or amplify that at all.

This is dota after all, it's all about options and the more options you have the more potential you create for stupid shit, but we take the good potential that comes from both the versatility and diversity in heroes, strats, and items with the bad potential for horrible misuse/play (who's to judge the latter anyhow ;) because that double-edged sword is what makes dota great.

I am also parsing the game on Yasp for those too lazy to download the replay.

There might be context needed, I have no idea. It's not done yet.

never mind yasp is being slow as fuck

A common enemy brings solidarity to a team.

Now the enemy team has one enemy less and your team has one enemy more.

Meaning that he is improving your teamwork and improving your chances of winning the game.

Kade

I was watching a replay from a game I played yesterday and I guess there's a bug (or it's intended????) where you can push yourself onto the Radiant ancients cliff with an iron branch tree, so this Shadow Fiend did that and farmed the ancients and hard camp for the first bit of the game and got Shadow Blade really early. He was kinda dumb though and was shocked at the existence of detection items in the game.

shira

I was watching a replay from a game I played yesterday and I guess there's a bug (or it's intended????) where you can push yourself onto the Radiant ancients cliff with an iron branch tree, so this Shadow Fiend did that and farmed the ancients and hard camp for the first bit of the game and got Shadow Blade really early. He was kinda dumb though and was shocked at the existence of detection items in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/Vkw79A2.webm

Quesa

Any hero can get up there using that dumb trick. Not sure why a gif with Invoker doing it over Drow like the old one is making rounds.

That's social media for you. And I don't think Iron Talon can kill so melee cliff jungling seems like a super bad idea.

I was in a game with a sand kong who got to level 2, bought talon, burrowed onto the cliff, and told us he would shock the other team with his lightning fast blink because of sandstorm/caustic finale/talon

he was quickly shamed rip but we won anyway because woo I'm in a bad tier

Atlantis

I was in a game with a sand kong who got to level 2, bought talon, burrowed onto the cliff, and told us he would shock the other team with his lightning fast blink because of sandstorm/caustic finale/talon

he was quickly shamed rip but we won anyway because woo I'm in a bad tier

It didn't even get a Blink, help.

play solo to complete quests

od mid flames our mirana for dying 6 times to techies mines
gets ganked by clock and ursa 2 times
abandons

solo queue: where it's always shit

Demoli

God i'm so HYYYYPED for SF5.

4's opening was better tho.

Finally got the ember and lina sets, the ember set was hell to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom