• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
honto-deska?

Shira please
cBj1LTf.png
Random Japanese is bad enough, Japanese that's actually wrong is just sad :/

I think is just the fact that they only know one language and just a few bits of english (enough to flame and stuff), its the same with NA people that don't know spanish, we see it similarly

The only spanish words I know is puta and corta. I only know corta cause that one always sunny episode

cris7198

The only spanish words I know is puta and corta. I only know corta cause that one always sunny episode

RG0BS1U.gif

Besides hispanic dota all chat is pure gold, especially in low skill pubs the amount of stupid stuff goes trough the roof.
Exhibit A:
12439233_10208708060768853_8301850217457581378_n.jpg

Exhibit B:
12669485_1082468301775345_7153589524613374284_n.jpg

I actually had a guy like this, he knew that everyone on the team speaked spanish but he kept typing in english (pretty badly), so i did what god would do, I flamed his ass to death

DrPizza

Banned
If I get him I'm just not doing him, best of luck though get them battle points.

Holy shit.

Our Necro-Mirana-Io-Crystal Maiden-Earth Spirit line-up beat their Sven-Pudge-Chen-KotL-Dark Seer.

After a 55 minute game.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2138960346

Their Pudge had near 6,000 hp at the end. Sven one shot me. Our Mirana had the worst skill build you've ever seen (didn't even max starstorm by level 16) and had a mid-game tantrum causing her to sell her items. Wisp was a fifth pick who insisted on picking wisp in spite of the team needing a physical damage dealer. He bitched and promised to feed when Mirana wanted to roam and gank mid instead of babysitting him offlane. I have literally no idea what I'm doing with Earth Spirit, I just roll in and mash buttons and hope something good happens.

And yet somehow we won.

Hylian7

Has anyone actually seen a Legion Commander get Aghs in 6.86? I ask because I have yet to see it, and am curious if in anyone's experiences, it's worked out or not.

Hylian7

Figured as much. I actually forgot they removed the infinite duel part of it. I'm sure it will get another rework in 6.87.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just lost a game because our LC built stupid shit like Vlads and Aghs instead of Blademail and BKB.

It's a worthless Aghs, just like the hero.

I'm sure Icefrog has thought about giving both LC and her target full immunity from everything outside the duel(so the duel takes place in a vacuum) but then there's no counterplay and she becomes an insane hero. Finding a balance between an aghs being useful and it being insane is pretty hard I imagine(especially as you want it to be situational, not an item you get 100% of the time).

Even if the aghs was decent you'd have to make the choice of "do I want this effect or do I just want to do more damage?" and that means the aghs has to be really good.

Haly

Even if the aghs was decent you'd have to make the choice of "do I want this effect or do I just want to do more damage?" and that means the aghs has to be really good.
She's a shit hero right now.

She needs to be not shit before we can even begin to talk about Aghs.

All her cooldowns need to be decreased by 20%.

Well yeah there's that too, I don't actually understand why Frog is so scared of buffing her unless he actually hates her, she has too many problems.
What character should I learn for SFV Pro? I didn't get too much beta time and when I did all I did was play Ryu like it was SF 2
happytears.gif
I spammed a bunch of Seth in SF4 if that helps.

Karin because Karin's awesome, Rashid might be what you're looking for though.

TUSR

Banned
nerf her ult to get her into CM

give her a shit aghs ult

rework shit aghs

still shit

its like walrus kick, cool you added dmg to a 4200g item that no one is going to buy

thanks osfrog

Haly

He's obviously racist and sexist.
dac15_angry.gif

I remember when Leshrac, Lina and WR were gradually buffed until they literally defined a patch/meta and, aside from Leshrac, they're still decent picks. Or what about Tusk and NS and Slardar?

I don't remember when LC was ever relevant but Icefrog never just straight up buffs her. Her changes are always sidegrades or very miniscule buffs that don't address her actual issues (she doesn't do anything unless she's hitting someone and someone is hitting her back and it's a 1v1).

Hylian7

Honestly I think the answer is to just do away with Aghs altogether. It's hard to come up with a balanced Aghs idea, and on top of that, she just wants other items in the slot Aghs would potentially be in.

Haly is right though, her problems come much before she's even thinking about Aghs.

He's obviously racist and sexist.
dac15_angry.gif

I remember when Leshrac, Lina and WR were gradually buffed until they literally defined a patch/meta and, aside from Leshrac, they're still decent picks. Or what about Tusk and NS and Slardar?

I don't remember when LC was ever relevant but Icefrog never just straight up buffs her. Her changes are always sidegrades or very miniscule buffs that don't address her actual issues (she doesn't do anything unless she's hitting someone and someone is hitting her back and it's a 1v1).

She was relevant when she first came out in Dota 2 all because of that bug with Moment of Courage, and then it was fixed and she has been shit ever since.

I remember every patch I go "oh nice LC buffs!" and I read them and instantly realize that she's still going to be useless, and I'm sure that Icefrog with his experience and knowledge knows better than me that the buffs he's giving her are way too small.

LC was legit good mid for a while. I even picked her because overwhelming odds was doing crazy damage.

Then the OSfrog nerfed that, and change so other things. She went straight into shit zone.

LC aghs should :
make both targets immovable (lmao VS, pudge, etc)
make both targets non targetable by spells (lmao astral prison shallow grave whatever)

Haly

Here's an Aghs I would buy: Winning a Duel refreshes all her cooldowns, including Duel and items.

I spammed a bunch of Seth in SF4 if that helps.
I'm not too sure it does because Seth was basically an amalganation of other character's specials. He is a glass cannon though so whoever that is in SF5 (I have been informed Cammy might be) would be suitable.

You could keep playing Ryu as well.

I'm not too sure it does because Seth was basically an amalganation of other character's specials. He is a glass cannon though so whoever that is in SF5 (probably Ken, maybe Charlie as well) would be suitable.

You could keep playing Ryu as well.

Yeah, I picked Seth mainly because no matter how badly the round went I could still snatch it back with a knockdown and vortex set ups. I assume they're weakening that aspect in SFV? Is Rashid or Nash good for that? I literally have no idea how they play. I know Nash isn't just Guile anymore.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Yeah, I picked Seth mainly because no matter how badly the round went I could still snatch it back with a knockdown and vortex set ups. I assume they're weakening that aspect in SFV? Is Rashid or Nash good for that? I literally have no idea how they play. I know Nash isn't just Guile anymore.

You might just want to start with Ryu, hes super powerful in this game and has some strong meaty stuff. If you want vortex, its really toned down so far, but cammy is still cammy. Nash is pretty neat with his teleports if you want that, and I don't know much about Rashid.

Watching A vs DC VOD, S4 gets a regen right when he needs it, gets his third haste of the game while he has DD active 10 minutes in, good game.

Edit: Using Warlock golem purely for farm is the most Bulldog thing I've ever seen.

I'm on a toaster laptop and saving for a PS4 will take some time (I'm saving for a holiday which is a much higher priority). Might have to sit out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom