• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reasonably good with OD and I don't like him at the moment. Could turn out being wrong in the long run because I haven't adapted to his new style but I really have no idea what to do with with his Orb. Too expensive to use in lane and not enough attack speed to make the int steal relevant later on.

DrPizza

Banned
I'm reasonably good with OD and I don't like him at the moment. Could turn out being wrong in the long run because I haven't adapted to his new style but I really have no idea what to do with with his Orb. Too expensive to use in lane and not enough attack speed to make the int steal relevant later on.

Maybe pick up an Orchid? Decent int and utility, and very welcome attack speed for int right clickers.

b3a6f658ba.jpg

Mistakes were made

Artanisix

wtF why did riki get fUKN NERFED, hero is so dogshit--not to mention full dmg against creeps is what separated him from ember

legit tho give him back his goddam base stats so he can be a roamer/ganker again and not forced into afk farming for 30 minutes so he can be minutely useful once every 70s, i dont understand why his stats were gutted so hard (TWICE) and then his big utility that enabled support riki (turn rate slow on cloud) was gutted smh

i think OD shoulda just stayed exactly the same as 6.85 and then just like 50/100/150/200 damage added to prison, his rework is a bit awkward. i liked the damage idea on prison but that's all he needed without moving everything around imo (and reduced a tad to make up for that). cuz before OD would just steal chunks of int in a small amount of time and go on his merry way last hitting, and also just get 1 or 2 prisons off before a fight to steal a boatload of int and drop his ulti hammer--now he's gotta stand there and get like at least 6-7 auto attacks off (and he doesn't attack fast) before he wants to ult and it just seems meh

mmm with the +300 dmg on astral he does more dmg in a teamfight now. the additional int from astral normally didnt add over 300 dmg to his ulti

the problem is that his laning stage is much weaker as he can't get insane base dmg through astrals anymore, so he cant crush enemy mid cs

I think everyone <3k MMR could easily squeeze 500 points out of their MMR if they played the last hitting training on a somewhat regular basis. Whenever I spectate my buddies playing, people can't last hit for shit. It's literally a minigame with potentially a lot of impact on how your mid game goes.

nah everyone under 4k could gain at least 1k by using their brain when buying items or deciding to take fights

Deciding when to take fights is a very advanced part of the game though. Last hitting is literally a matter of practice. There is way less to take into account as opposed to picking fights. Any 2k player could improve his last hitting by playing the LH training and gain MMR. Being ahead at the end of the laning stage is gonna win you the game more often than not. There is no reason not to learn that shit unless you don't care about improving and climbing. This is free MMR advice right there.

My standards are (first 10 mins):

Heavily contested lane: >=32 last hits
Contested lane: >=50 last hits
Free farm: >=62

Frankly, I wouldn't pick a safe lane hero if I were unable to get those numbers. In that case, one is just not good enough at farming in my opinion unless one is at a bracket where nobody has any clue how to acquire moneys.

I queued with a random Ember Spirit the other night who had 8 last hits in 10 minutes I think. Mid game was disasterous and I single-handedly (Clinkz) had to get that idiot back into the game because he had no last hitting timing in lane. It has such huge impact. I would advise him to never play carry ever again unless he plays that last hitting training for 2 weeks straight. Absolutely atrocious and game-losing. Fucking hate having my time wasted like that.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2014906762

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Should I steal CS on a support if my carry isn't getting it?

Is he actively trying but just failing at last hitting? I say no, that makes you a dick. Let him try. You're not going to start carrying a game if you start competing with him for last hits (unless you're playing Visage). You're just going to piss him off. If he's fucking off in the woods or whatever and you have free lane go for it.

Terrible, game losing advice. Do not compete with your carry player for last hits, even if they suck at it. There's nothing more obnoxious than having to compete with your own team.

Remember your dota basics; support heroes are supports because their utility comes from skills, and are mostly item independent. Extra X gold on you is a lot worse than extra X gold on a carry, even if we assume that you're the best last hitter in the world and land every last hit, the cases where you end up taking gold away from your carry will keep your from winning the game.

Also, want to know what makes people who suck at last hitting suck even more at last hitting? Having a third(or fourth) person trying to last hit the same goddamn creep.

However, this doesn't mean that you should never go for last hits as a support, but when you do, make sure they're creeps that your carry has ample opportunity to get. As in, the conditions for your last hit are the creep is sub 40 HP, meaning that the only way you get it is if your carry fucked up.

Honestly if you're playing support and you're constantly in a situation where you're capable of using auto attacks on creeps you're probably playing the role incorrectly and need to re-evaluate what you use your time on. If you're playing in the 3K bracket odds are you use your time very inefficiently and looking into this is a good way to improve.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Not only that, but that carry KNOWS he is missing last hits and already feels shitty enough about it. Go stack a camp and help him clear it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I took it to mean taking CS that are obviously lost if you don't go for the kill.

Like if my carry miscounts a last hit on some creeps getting beat down yeah I'm going to go for the hit. 50 gold to me is better than 0 gold to both of us, and, even worse, a deny from the enemy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I already wasn't playing, but time to direct any wandering attempts towards something better. I'll still watch though.

494279bd76.jpg

Nere

Interesting event I had tonight. Played a game with ta mid and lc jungle the enemy team had a furion who was feeding all the time. We asked the enemy team why he feeds, they had no clue. Later on he said he is doing it so he reaches 1 MMR and then sell his account. He was such a dick, he was trapping his teamates when we were chasing them so they die and ended up with 0-28.

Obviously we won the game. So I took a break for 10min and was ready for another game, I click play next game and I was thinking imagine if that furion is on my team this time would be funny. Problem is I didn't remembered his name. Before I have time to check recent games to see his name the game is ready already. I click ready hoping someone declines so we go back to main screen so I check that idiot's name but unfortunately the game started. I wait on loading screen and when the game loads I check the names fast and my eyes go right away to that guy and suddenly his name comes to my mind, I look down and I see my name written, we were on the same team. Fast as fuck before the game loads I type Ctrl+Alt+Del and terminate dota as fast as possible. I know I could just disconnect from the arrow on the upper left but at that moment I couldn't think anything else. I dodged a bullet right in the last seconds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Arc Warden's design is kind of a mess. It has those claw shoulderpads, spikes on its astronaught collar, a cape? Digitigrade legs with spikes on the heels, tumor looking things on its arm.

Am I supposed to believe this is an extradimensional being who sealed the ancients?

Sianos

this patch is the same as the last two except the pubtrain lovelies are a different flavor and there's some new items that throw off my sense of distancing and positioning

;___________;

Interesting event I had tonight. Played a game with ta mid and lc jungle the enemy team had a furion who was feeding all the time. We asked the enemy team why he feeds, they had no clue. Later on he said he is doing it so he reaches 1 MMR and then sell his account. He was such a dick, he was trapping his teamates when we were chasing them so they die and ended up with 0-28.

Obviously we won the game. So I took a break for 10min and was ready for another game, I click play next game and I was thinking imagine if that furion is on my team this time would be funny. Problem is I didn't remembered his name. Before I have time to check recent games to see his name the game is ready already. I click ready hoping someone declines so we go back to main screen so I check that idiot's name but unfortunately the game started. I wait on loading screen and when the game loads I check the names fast and my eyes go right away to that guy and suddenly his name comes to my mind, I look down and I see my name written, we were on the same team. Fast as fuck before the game loads I type Ctrl+Alt+Del and terminate dota as fast as possible. I know I could just disconnect from the arrow on the upper left but at that moment I couldn't think anything else. I dodged a bullet right in the last seconds.

They should be thrown in jail.

NBtoaster

Tired midas, necro 3, travels arc warden, seems really unfair. What are you actually supposed to against that. It's like you have a free lycan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom