• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
imp the dimp could probably squeeze a mean 700 MMR out of his 1.5k posting game if he would take time to consider that he is not the only sentient being on this planet, let alone one of the clever ones.

shira

I'm gonna get a Vive
Because of Summer Lesson?
nvfnZig.jpg

Lycan is hilarious at my bracket; the team flames the shit out of you for not team fighting, meanwhile I took all but 2 towers and rax buildings and have 8-9K tower damage from full-bore Wolves Have No Armor ratting.

Low Tier
I think everyone <3k MMR could easily squeeze 500 points out of their MMR if they played the last hitting training on a somewhat regular basis. Whenever I spectate my buddies playing, people can't last hit for shit. It's literally a minigame with potentially a lot of impact on how your mid game goes.

imp the dimp could probably squeeze a mean 700 MMR out of his 1.5k posting game if he would take time to consider that he is not the only sentient being on this planet, let alone one of the clever ones.

Shinypogs

I hadn't actually logged in to play Dota in so long ( mostly just casually watching tournaments here and there) I'd missed the axe immortal coming out and was confused as hell as to why I had a soaring cache when I never bought the fall compendium. It's nice that I can sell the cache after new years.

Time to see just how rusty I am, not that I was ever good at this game.

Chris R

When does steam winter sale start, I need to buy some more games that came out this year so my GOTY list doesn't look like shit :(

Chris R

Ok I should be able to beat LiS and Undertale between the sale date at the end of the voting period, even with a vacation (no dota again, fuuuu)

Shinypogs

Just played a round of ability draft as Naga siren, I took mirror image and song of the siren plus terrorblade's two illusion creating skills. I have never had so much fun being such a nuisance in my life.

Artanisix

you have like 2k initiation range and a mega 600dmg vacuum nuke with aghs. it's legit. try it, max x-mark first and then torrent.

and enemies can't even run away from you with your 8 second cd x-marks

I took it to mean taking CS that are obviously lost if you don't go for the kill.

Like if my carry miscounts a last hit on some creeps getting beat down yeah I'm going to go for the hit. 50 gold to me is better than 0 gold to both of us, and, even worse, a deny from the enemy.

Yeah obviously

Isn't Summer Lesson PS4 VR exclusive?

I was super impressed by the Vive when I tried it out at TI5, but I don't exactly have a spare room to dedicate for VR in my small apartment. Decisions, decisions...

I think in that last Vive post on the main boards(or well, the one before the last, not the one that's about them having a new tech discovery), they demoed Summer Lesson in it or something, so it seems it isn't exclusive.

As for the room, guess it depends on the type of experience you'd trying for, don't think you need a full room for it for most of the stuff though. There was a video of some dev guy showing what kind of space you could get use for VR and it was fairly small. Like as long as you can move a table out of the way or whatever, that's enough space if you're going with systems where you don't actually walk yourself and what not. Seems a lot of it have to do with software solutions to movement.

Has Icefrog ever outright removed items from the game (apart from maybe in the early days of Dota All-Stars)?

I'm pretty sure he's never removed heroes because Dota All-Stars was a compilation of the good heroes (correct me if I'm wrong) from the various maps.

Red UFO

If you're playing role 5 and your carries demand on taking fights all the time even though they're behind, what do you do? I defensively warded the jungle as if to say "here's where it's safe to farm!" and told them to farm and take pick offs when the enemy over extends and gets out of position but they were having none of it. I was joining them in fights because it's not as if I'm gonna farm for the late game.

If you're playing role 5 and your carries demand on taking fights all the time even though they're behind, what do you do? I defensively warded the jungle as if to say "here's where it's safe to farm!" and told them to farm and take pick offs when the enemy over extends and gets out of position but they were having none of it. I was joining them in fights because it's not as if I'm gonna farm for the late game.
Accept your loss
People are fucking dumb. #3 chasing enemy #5 solo, gets the kill then immediately dies, "worth it xddd" yeah fuck you and your family, dumbass

Red UFO

Accept your loss
People are fucking dumb. #3 chasing enemy #5 solo, gets the kill then immediately dies, "worth it xddd" yeah fuck you and your family, dumbass
Yeah, a lot of people just don't get how mathematical this game is and that you can't just "outplay" your opponents on a whim when their 3-5 levels above you with a 10k networth lead.
eastern europeans are the worst for this

Yeah, a lot of people just don't get how mathematical this game is and that you can't just "outplay" your opponents on a whim when their 3-5 levels above you with a 10k networth lead.
eastern europeans are the worst for this

Reported for racism

Just because you spoiler it, doesn't make it less racist against the Slavic people.

Unwinnable scenario. Go next.

gai_shain

God I wish people would atleast listen if they have no idea what they are doing. Better farm alone vs pa + ember all game long with night stalker and naix instead of going as 5 when we are 10 times stronger than them

God I wish people would atleast listen if they have no idea what they are doing. Better farm alone vs pa + ember all game long with night stalker and naix instead of going as 5 when we are 10 times stronger than them

see, they think you are the one who has no idea what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom