• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This BTS stream, what even... MST3k eSports edition?

Man, so happy for Alliance. They are probably my favorite team right now.

Yes, 3x2.

Last time I watch them they were having a fair share of fuck ups, struggling against low tier teams like Golden Boys, happy to see them slowly crawling back into their top form they are remembered and loved for, wish Na'Vi had found their second breath as well, but oh well.

My first match of 6.86 was on Radiant as an Enigma.

It's gonna take some time to get used to the map change man, kept missing stacks and key timings.

80 minutes games man
dead.png

I almost never bother stacking with enigma, don't see a point to it tbh

It's only worth it if you can pull off a midnight pulse and have 6 eidolons , otherwise it's better to just kill the camp and move to the next one.

It can get a lot more efficient when you can just stack and you don't have to take the "risk" of moving to camps further away from the lane.

Plus it just feels so cozy.

Smithy C

Just had someone on the other team try to explain why judging someone for being a racist was a bad thing. Ugh.

Literally never stop telling racists to fuck off.

bbd23

6.86b:

* Enabled Doom, Faceless Void, Death Prophet, Lone Druid and Winter Wyvern in Captain's Mode
* Arcane Rune mana reduction reduced from 50 to 40%
* Spirit Siphon duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds
* Arcane Orb Int steal increased from 0/1/2/3 to 1/2/3/4
* Astral Imprisonment cooldown rescaled from 20/17/14/11 to 22/18/14/10
* Cloak and Dagger backstab damage multiplier increased from 0.4/0.6/0.8/1.0 to 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25
* Tricks of the Trade now only affects heroes
* Tricks of the Trade AoE increased from 450 to 475
* Tricks of the Trade cooldown rescaled from 90/80/70 to 70
* Time Dilation AoE increased from 650 to 725
* Time Dilation slow rescaled from 4/6/8/10 to 7/8/9/10%
* Time Dilation duration rescaled from 6/7/8/9 to 5.5/7/8.5/10 seconds
* Meat Hook Scepter damage reduced from 175/275/375/475 to 180/270/360/450

That was fast, but none of the changes are aimed at competitive. I guess those reworked heroes only got removed from CM to ensure that there weren't any gamebreaking bugs.

aaaand another garbage 4 stack
dac15_fantastic.gif

OD still garbage with these changes

NS : "hey I got an armlet which is good for a position 4"
yeah don't bother with aghs bro who needs vision vs brood AM

That was fast, but none of the changes are aimed at competitive. I guess those reworked heroes only got removed from CM to ensure that there weren't any gamebreaking bugs.

Basically yeah, and probably get some large scale feedback, thus the nerfs/buffs to a few things. Competitive changes will probably happen in a few weeks after the meta has started to settle a bit. Nerfing/buffing anything just based on WCA and that russian tournament would be way too premature I think. Especially since most of the games had old drafts with maybe a few heroes switched but nothing emerged as really OP just yet.

Kinda expect Sylla will be nerfed though. The new skill looks really strong.

I pretty much watched the whole Alliance v LGD set but then realized it was 4 in the morning and called it a night. Good on Alliance for winning though

DrPizza

Banned
aaaand another garbage 4 stack
dac15_fantastic.gif

OD still garbage with these changes

NS : "hey I got an armlet which is good for a position 4"
yeah don't bother with aghs bro who needs vision vs brood AM

Step in the right direction for OD, but still not enough really.

Honestly, I almost feel that OD should have Silencer's innate int steal instead of Silencer having it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
wtF why did riki get fUKN NERFED, hero is so dogshit--not to mention full dmg against creeps is what separated him from ember

legit tho give him back his goddam base stats so he can be a roamer/ganker again and not forced into afk farming for 30 minutes so he can be minutely useful once every 70s, i dont understand why his stats were gutted so hard (TWICE) and then his big utility that enabled support riki (turn rate slow on cloud) was gutted smh

i think OD shoulda just stayed exactly the same as 6.85 and then just like 50/100/150/200 damage added to prison, his rework is a bit awkward. i liked the damage idea on prison but that's all he needed without moving everything around imo (and reduced a tad to make up for that). cuz before OD would just steal chunks of int in a small amount of time and go on his merry way last hitting, and also just get 1 or 2 prisons off before a fight to steal a boatload of int and drop his ulti hammer--now he's gotta stand there and get like at least 6-7 auto attacks off (and he doesn't attack fast) before he wants to ult and it just seems meh

wtF why did riki get fUKN NERFED, hero is so dogshit--not to mention full dmg against creeps is what separated him from ember

legit tho give him back his goddam base stats so he can be a roamer/ganker again and not forced into afk farming for 30 minutes so he can be minutely useful once every 70s, i dont understand why his stats were gutted so hard (TWICE) and then his big utility that enabled support riki (turn rate slow on cloud) was gutted smh

i think OD shoulda just stayed exactly the same as 6.85 and then just like 50/100/150/200 damage added to prison, his rework is a bit awkward. i liked the damage idea on prison but that's all he needed without moving everything around imo (and reduced a tad to make up for that). cuz before OD would just steal chunks of int in a small amount of time and go on his merry way last hitting, and also just get 1 or 2 prisons off before a fight to steal a boatload of int and drop his ulti hammer--now he's gotta stand there and get like at least 6-7 auto attacks off (and he doesn't attack fast) before he wants to ult and it just seems meh

Yeah I don't like the rework either.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I wonder if the Lycan Aghs upgrade was true at some point. We ended up getting a DP rework (kinda)

i think it was since the rumor from the guy was: lycan aghs, dp rework, radiant jungle rework, and then the guy deleted it like 5 mins later (when he realized it could get his pro buddies in trouble and him barred from future info leaks). Probably too many lycan changes at once tho or something, maybe next patch if lycan still isn't picked.

i think the hero is hella ownage this patch tho and jungling with him is so fun and godlike--glad icefrog brought back that 6.75 component

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
If Alliance won WCA without nuSylla in the pool, now that he's added they're guaranteed to win TI6, right?

is nuSylla even good? I need Bulldong to tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom