• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
phantom hourglass is better than people give it credit for but it ain't no wind waker 2 and i'm offended that anyone would say that

that's like sayign twilight princess is majora's mask 2

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Let's not say things we can't take back.

Wind Waker is no Majora's Mask.

inkls

all his other abilities suck tho except for his 2nd. You don't pick AW for anything other than his ult, so try not to make it garbage tier

Yeah, but again, would you pick him for his slow if his ult was garbage?

So you'd pick him for his slow?

No, but it's not a bad skill. You're moving the goalposts here.

Hylian, I entered the discussion with the stance that his other skills apart from his ult and W aren't good enough by themselves to get the hero picked if his ult was made garbage. Please explain how my point has changed.

Hylian7

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Wind Waker is no Majora's Mask.

No lies detected.
phantom hourglass is better than people give it credit for but it ain't no wind waker 2 and i'm offended that anyone would say that

that's like sayign twilight princess is majora's mask 2

Not at all. PH is technically a sequel to WW. It's Wind Waker 2 in that regard. I agree it's not the WW2 I wanted though.

Hylian7

Hylian, I entered the discussion with the stance that his other skills apart from his ult and W aren't good enough by themselves to get the hero picked if his ult was made garbage. Please explain how my point has changed.

all his other abilities suck tho except for his 2nd.

His ult it still there. It's still going to have the same effect, even if it somehow isn't as good. Having two of all of his spells is still good. That doesn't mean you are "picking him for those spells"

inkls

His ult it still there. It's still going to have the same effect, even if it somehow isn't as good. Having two of all of his spells is still good. That doesn't mean you are "picking him for those spells"

So you took the part of my reply that explained the sentence further out, well done. Clearly this shows that I have moved goalposts.

it's so damn annoying when i'm playing or watching something and windows10 decides to block the entire screen.
charm_rage.gif

YOU NEED UPDATES

I changed back my partition to Windows 8.1, haven't looked back.

I actually liked Windows 8 start.

The fact that they didn't even bother to address these at all was part of what makes it so stupid that these games can be played online and will be part of the Gen 7 ecosystem.

Can't believe a bunch of people fell for these games with the desparate nostalgia. They are garbage, people need to recognize that and just play the remakes instead. Let them stand as what they are: A relic of the past.
I don't understand why all your opinions are black and white

Russ T

Banned
get it cause pokemon black and white

No but yeah why be so absurdly hard line about everything? Everyone enjoys video games in their own way.

Also they're video games.

Hylian7

I don't understand why all your opinions are black and white

That was the best generation.
highfive.gif

Joking aside, I think it's unacceptable that Nintendo is basically cashing in on desparate nostalgia with those games. They aren't good, they're bug-ridden, and have been fixed completely in their remakes. If anything, the remakes should have been released. There's a reason Nintendo never bothered re-releasing the originals until after all these years people demanded it and the 20th anniversary came around.

I was extremely unhappy when I saw that you could bring Pokemon from those games into gen 7. I don't know if impossible movesets will be outlawed or not (as in, some Pokemon could legitimately learn certain moves in Gen 1, but these taken away in later gens). It opens the floodgates for people to glitch in anything from gen 1 though, since you can get any Pokemon you want without a cheating device, including legendaries that shouldn't normally be obtainable like Mew.

Hylian7

It's weird that a community gets so upset that people can still enjoy the first games in the series.

It's more of the fact that people are buying them again, despite how inherently broken they are. It sends a message that it's okay for Nintendo to get away with putting out broken, bug-ridden games like so many other game developers/publishers do.

By all means, people can enjoy the originals, but actually giving Nintendo more money for these relics is ridiculous and sends a negative message.

Russ T

Banned
Who gives a shit if they're "broken"? This is literally incomparable to a modern game launching today with game-breaking bugs.

People like those games. People want to play those games. Nintendo has provided an avenue to play those games without hunting down and using ancient hardware.

Get over it.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
broken games should have the chance to be loved just like broken ppl ;_;

Joking aside, I think it's unacceptable that Nintendo is basically cashing in on desparate nostalgia with those games. They aren't good, they're bug-ridden, and have been fixed completely in their remakes. If anything, the remakes should have been released. There's a reason Nintendo never bothered re-releasing the originals until after all these years people demanded it and the 20th anniversary came around.
Everything you said except that they're "bug-ridden" I disagree with.

First off, I find the revisionism of calling massively influential games that captured the hearts of millions of people "not good" hilarious. Games don't rot away to nothingness with time. The only reason you think they're not up to snuff is a preference for the latter entries. And so we're back to all your opinions being dogmatic, "my way or the highway" drivel that I'm tired of reading.

Also they haven't been "completely fixed" in the remakes. Or, more accurately, not so effectively that the originals have been totally rendered obsolete. The original games effectively have an entirely different hierarchy pertaining to choice of Pokemon due to the speed/crit mechanics and differing type charts and move pools. It's easy to make the case that the remakes are net improvements in most ways, but they vary enough and in sufficiently substantial ways such that raging on about how they should never have released the originals makes you look -- again -- dogmatic and overenthused with your own opinions.

Outside of that minor remark on you thinking the originals somehow don't deserve a release, I'm not going to touch that. Way too ridiculous.

I was extremely unhappy when I saw that you could bring Pokemon from those games into gen 7. I don't know if impossible movesets will be outlawed or not (as in, some Pokemon could legitimately learn certain moves in Gen 1, but these taken away in later gens). It opens the floodgates for people to glitch in anything from gen 1 though, since you can get any Pokemon you want without a cheating device, including legendaries that shouldn't normally be obtainable like Mew.
You still haven't realized you're mad about nothing. As usual. Almost definitely, pokemon for VGC and other "official" formats will require a tag stating they come from Su/Mo, just like the 6th gen pentagon.

Additionally, your concerns about "opening the floodgates" for nonlegit pokemon is hilarious. I could feasibly -- as in right now -- spawn an entire living shiny dex in to BW/2 and move it to pokemon bank. If you didn't know this, now you do and you can stop bitching about it. If you did know that and somehow think it's different, you are, for the god-knows-how-many-th time, riding your position to death's gate despite a total lack of self awareness -- let alone critical thinking.

I'm honestly so bored of this cycle, but holy shit I can't help jumping on this garbage.

Hylian7

Everything you said except that they're "bug-ridden" I disagree with.

First off, I find the revisionism of calling massively influential games that captured the hearts of millions of people "not good" hilarious. Games don't rot away to nothingness with time. The only reason you think they're not up to snuff is a preference for the latter entries. And so we're back to all your opinions being dogmatic, "my way or the highway" drivel that I'm tired of reading.

Also they haven't been "completely fixed" in the remakes. Or, more accurately, not so effectively that the originals have been totally rendered obsolete. The original games effectively have an entirely different hierarchy pertaining to choice of Pokemon due to the speed/crit mechanics and differing type charts and move pools. It's easy to make the case that the remakes are net improvements in most ways, but they vary enough and in sufficiently substantial ways such that raging on about how they should never have released the originals makes you look -- again -- dogmatic and overenthused with your own opinions.

Outside of that minor remark on you thinking the originals somehow don't deserve a release, I'm not going to touch that. Way too ridiculous.

You still haven't realized you're mad about nothing. As usual. Almost definitely, pokemon for VGC and other "official" formats will require a tag stating they come from Su/Mo, just like the 6th gen pentagon.

Additionally, your concerns about "opening the floodgates" for nonlegit pokemon is hilarious. I could feasibly -- as in right now -- spawn an entire living shiny dex in to BW/2 and move it to pokemon bank. If you didn't know this, now you do and you can stop bitching about it. If you did know that and somehow think it's different, you are, for the god-knows-how-many-th time, riding your position to death's gate despite a total lack of self awareness -- let alone critical thinking.

I'm honestly so bored of this cycle, but holy shit I can't help jumping on this garbage.
Alright, well I see you've jumped on the "dogpiling on me because lol hylian amirite" train and would rather hurl personal attacks when I don't agree with the status quo. You're clearly not worth arguing with if you're just going to stoop to that low shit.,

Alright, well I see you've jumped on the "dogpiling on me because lol hylian amirite" train and would rather hurl personal attacks when I don't agree with the status quo. You're clearly not worth arguing with if you're just going to stoop to that low shit.,

All I want from you is to acknowledge that your opinions aren't facts, and to actually defend opinions if you're going to voice them in such an aggressive way. But you won't. Because this is another part of the Hylian cycle. Wherein someone actually tells you straight up that you're spouting nonsense and you'd rather ignore it until they stop telling you such, at which point you'll voice that same opinion, or another similarly extreme and poorly thought out opinion, and we loop.

Not to mention I don't see how this is a dogpile since it's just me, nor do I see how your opinion varies strongly from the status quo, given that previous times you voiced this stance, at least one other person immediately agreed with you.

Hylian7

All I want from you is to acknowledge that your opinions aren't facts, and to actually defend opinions if you're going to voice them in such an aggressive way. But you won't. Because this is another part of the Hylian cycle. Wherein someone actually tells you straight up that you're spouting nonsense and you'd rather ignore it until they stop telling you such, at which point you'll voice that same opinion, or another similarly extreme and poorly thought out opinion, and we loop.

Not to mention I don't see how this is a dogpile since it's just me, nor do I see how your opinion varies strongly from the status quo, given that previous times you voiced this stance, at least one other person immediately agreed with you.

My opinions aren't facts. There, happy now? Or is th is still "the hylian cycle" or whatever stupid bullshit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So I went an watched that Deadpool Movie. It wasn't bad, but I was hoping it was going to be a lot better. It was basically yet another Super Hero Origin Story.

Russ T

Banned
what the hell kirby you didn't invite me i told you i wanted to see it

why are you the worst kirby

kirby

kirby why

---

hylian has it ever occurred to you that the only thing in common with all these alleged "dogpiles" is that you state absurdly extreme opinions with no acknowledgment that other people are allowed to disagree without being wrong (you literally say that about the most ridiculous things - although to be fair you haven't yet this time... you just heavily implied it with stupidly strong language)

you'll also notice that not only did normalfish state exactly how this goes, but then you proved his point by ignoring almost everything he said and focusing on the easiest thing you could in an attempt to "win" the "argument"

Hylian7

what the hell kirby you didn't invite me i told you i wanted to see it

why are you the worst kirby

kirby

kirby why

---

hylian has it ever occurred to you that the only thing in common with all these alleged "dogpiles" is that you state absurdly extreme opinions with no acknowledgment that other people are allowed to disagree without being wrong (you literally say that about the most ridiculous things - although to be fair you haven't yet this time... you just heavily implied it with stupidly strong language)

you'll also notice that not only did normalfish state exactly how this goes, but then you proved his point by ignoring almost everything he said and focusing on the easiest thing you could in an attempt to "win" the "argument"

Not at all. I have not said anyone isn't allowed to disagree. It just devolves every single time into this "lol hylian opinions" and goes completely nowhere.

Russ T

Banned
you've actually straight up said people shouldn't do things because it's wrong, like it's a fact, and when people try to disagree with you, you just tell them they're wrong because you know better because... why?

it devolves into this every single time because you lead it there

i do not understand why this is so hard for you to understand time and time again, you'd think after the umpteenth time you'd see the pattern and attempt some form of introspection

instead you see the pattern and blame everyone else

Hylian7

you've actually straight up said people shouldn't do things because it's wrong, like it's a fact, and when people try to disagree with you, you just tell them they're wrong because you know better because... why?

it devolves into this every single time because you lead it there

i do not understand why this is so hard for you to understand time and time again, you'd think after the umpteenth time you'd see the pattern and attempt some form of introspection

instead you see the pattern and blame everyone else

Grass is green = fact

Rushing rapier on Crystal Maiden is good = opinion

What is hard to understand about this? Everyone else does the exact same thing in the opposite direction.

I'm not the one that leads it there, it's stuff like what you are going on about here that does that. Once again, you're just on the "lol hylian amirite" train.

Russ T

Banned
"I'm not the one that leads it there"

yes you are

"you're just on the "lol hylian amirite" train"

i don't find this funny at all. in fact, i find it really annoying that you continue to do it over and over and over and over and over.

Hylian7

"I'm not the one that leads it there"

yes you are

"you're just on the "lol hylian amirite" train"

i don't find this funny at all. in fact, i find it really annoying that you continue to do it over and over and over and over and over.

Yeah there's no point in arguing with you over this if you're just going to tell lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom