• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

i miss shadowfiend :/
I don't want him to be in the dumpster, but not at 6.84 levels either.

Tinker is the unsung hero of this patch. A lot better than people give him credit for.

I was going to say I was tired of only 3 heroes being viable mids, but that simply isn't true. Invoker and OD though, straight to the dumpster with those two.

TUSR

Banned
BdPvPyX.gif

kionedrik

BoT and BKB likely don't help a lot in a 1 vs 1.

Then again, looking like that somebody like Necrophos or Elder Titan might win too.

I wasn't considering a 1v1 scenario just what a 6-slotted Slark looks like.
Depending on the match-up BKB might be essential on a 1v1 (against Tiny for instance).

kionedrik

SnY does not look like an end-game item for a 6-slotted Slark. Refresher or Moon Shard would be infinitely better.

Well, truth be told I tend to build Silver Edge instead of SnY, but whatever you build you should focus on stats items on Slark not flat attack speed or damage. Moonshard is great as a 7th item. As far as being an end-game item, lots of Juggs, Gyros, etc carry one of those through the whole game.

Not seeing the benefit of refresher honestly, all your skills have very low cooldown and the item gives zero stats right now.

Nere

Anyone else in my shoes? Recently started playing invoker. I hadn't tried him in the past, thought he was too complicated for me and was planning on playing him later after trying all the other heroes. Now that I have learnt him I find all the other heroes boring and limited, don't want to play anything else than him,invoker is so much fun.

Red UFO

Anyone else in my shoes? Recently started playing invoker. I hadn't tried him in the past, thought he was too complicated for me and was planning on playing him later after trying all the other heroes. Now that I have learnt him I find all the other heroes boring and limited, don't want to play anything else than him,invoker is so much fun.
Eventually you will get bored of only picking Invoker. It happened to me.

Enjoy him before the nerfs strike

I think if you built slark for a carry vs carry 1v1, you'd buy go with treads, AC, Bfly, Skadi, Satanic, Moonshard or similar. I guess enemy carry would probably have a bfly, so replace moonshard with mkb?

Wok

Well, truth be told I tend to build Silver Edge instead of SnY, but whatever you build you should focus on stats items on Slark not flat attack speed or damage. Moonshard is great as a 7th item. As far as being an end-game item, lots of Juggs, Gyros, etc carry one of those through the whole game.

Not seeing the benefit of refresher honestly, all your skills have very low cooldown and the item gives zero stats right now.

With Ult + BKB, you are invincible and get regen'ed. With refresher, you get twice the duration.

I think if you built slark for a carry vs carry 1v1, you'd buy go with treads, AC, Bfly, Skadi, Satanic, Moonshard or similar. I guess enemy carry would probably have a bfly, so replace moonshard with mkb?

I don't get the hate for Moon Shard. The essence shift steal is surreal.

I remember I fought once 1 vs 1 at the 0:00 bounty rune vs a Lifestealer and won the duel thanks to Level 1 Essence Shift.

cris7198

Its so fun to feel like a piano player past level 20 with aghs, but it will hit you "How is this fair?" especially the fucking ravage OSfrog, it happened to me when I spammed him and OD for mmr, I felt dirty afterwards

shira

I would go 2 hearts, boots and 3 rapier You shadowdance and it would regen instantly

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i wonder what the world would be like now if tides of blood had been more popular than dota.......a lot more fun i would wager!!!

I don't get the hate for Moon Shard. The essence shift steal is surreal.

I remember I fought once 1 vs 1 at the 0:00 bounty rune vs a Lifestealer and won the duel thanks to Level 1 Essence Shift.
Essence shift is super good, but slark has to balance Stacks/time with the actual ability to survive for that time. Generally I find your stat priority is something like agility > strength > AS > armor/int/damage
You want more OSfrog global ravage OSfrog?
Also why is no one putting abyssal in 1v1 especially on slark with his stupid amount of attack speed.
Abyssal is good but I'm not sure if it would be optimal in a carry vs carry 1v1. You'd probably need MKB and abyssal, which leaves you a little bit of an awkward spot. I suppose you could forego MKB and use raw AS to make up for it. Better yet, drop boots.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You always need an abyssal in hypothetical 1v1s. You can win in that 3+ seconds.

1v1s are not educative in any way, shape, or form, because it's highly matchup dependent and revolves around countering the opposing person's items. Linkens for Abyssal. Spells for Linkens. Sentries for invis. And so on. BKB doesn't matter if no one is using magic, like PA, but Luna can kill most people with Aghs Refresher, and OD will kill you in the duration of a sheep/abyssal. You might buy your own sheepstick just to get another 3 seconds of disable, and so on, and so forth.

If I were to consider a no-holds-barred 1v1 in an empty map with both heroes starting from the fountain, I might give it to Arc Warden, who can just send his minions out until he finds the other guy, then whittle him into oblivion with a Rapier'd illusion. He'd win the information war and the item war every time.

Abyssal
Sheep
Manta/Nec3
Daedelus
Divine
Divine

Boots of Travel 2 on a courier following the main Arc Warden to TP in when the other guy is scouted and CC'd.

Assuming I'm unsatisified with a banning in my thread, should I contact EviLore? I don't even care about the user in question (no idea who he or she is) but their banning was not justified and I'm surprised at how much this annoys me.

Or don't bother?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would bug another mod but I wouldn't push it.

Twookie

just played one of the best games of dota I've ever played

we lead the entire game and then our carry buys rapier in enemy secret shop and gets caught, losing his buyback and then transfers his rapier to clinkz

we lost

i fucking hate this game FUCK

just played one of the best games of dota I've ever played

we lead the entire game and then our carry buys rapier in enemy secret shop and gets caught, losing his buyback and then transfers his rapier to clinkz

we lost

i fucking hate this game FUCK
Thats an uninstall game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom