• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

People on the internet are making fun of my hand writing
sad.gif

Just make sure you don't ever try to pull a Robert Durst.

You know the face you have after you lose your 6th straight match in Dota 2 and watching the sun come up after staying up all night under the premise, "I'm not going to bed until I win one more match"?

That's the face Lee Sedol had tonight after losing his 4th of 5 matches to a computer program. That broken spirit.

Feels real bad man.

You know the face you have after you lose your 6th straight match in Dota 2 and watching the sun come up after staying up all night under the premise, "I'm not going to bed until I win one more match"?

That's the face Lee Sedol had tonight after losing his 4th of 5 matches to a computer program. That broken spirit.

Feels real bad man.

Poor Lee. He almost had it too
sad.gif

According to Wikipedia Lee is only #4 of the world. I wonder if the AI beats the #1.

Also, I played three games of Dota 2 yesterday and felt awfully rusty. I'm definitely past my prime and nowhere near as good as early to mid 2015 I'm afraid. Aging is fucking useless and I hope people find a cure for it in my lifetime. Things go downhill past 25 way too quickly.

edit: Oh Shugga banned again. I was already wondering why this thread isn't moving as fast as it used to. What did he get banned for?

73V3N

Banned
allahder titan doesn't have a stun, and it's common to delay even a single point in stomp in games where you play a core

high levels of spirit/naturallah order do WORK in early game and can secure wins

he last pick randomed it though, and tried to go steal the safelanes farm, died twice in 3 minutes, and thought roaming without stomp would be good

yarden24

According to Wikipedia Lee is only #4 of the world. I wonder if the AI beats the #1.

Also, I played three games of Dota 2 yesterday and felt awfully rusty. I'm definitely past my prime and nowhere near as good as early to mid 2015 I'm afraid. Aging is fucking useless and I hope people find a cure for it in my lifetime. Things go downhill past 25 way too quickly.

edit: Oh Shugga banned again. I was already wondering why this thread isn't moving as fast as it used to. What did he get banned for?

how old are you?

Yasp estimatey my MMR almost 1k lower than I am rofl

edit: All right, apparently that's due to me always stacking with weaker players. Useless function for people like me then but still fun. Not a single solo Q game since February 2015.

GorillaJu

Lost 4 games in a row but finally won my DK game to get the set quest finished.

Don't think he's a bad hero at all despite being super unpopular, just had some really bad luck with teammates and my first game I just lost mid badly. Feels like the only thing he lacks is good damage, but his lockdown and tank is so good that there seems to always be time for teammates to get there and lay into em

Think a quick blink dagger is pretty good, lets you get behind them so you can tear up their supports.

Stop complaining about free stuff rofl

If they rename it "average MMR of your last 10 games" it's actually not a bad function. It's just a little misleading at the moment.

kionedrik

I hate to be the angry math nerd guy but that's not how you do statistics Yasp... You have all that data available and you choose a sample size of 10? Seems really lazy.

Not that I care about the result but if you're doing something do it right.

Red UFO

Stop complaining about free stuff rofl

If they rename it "average MMR of your last 10 games" it's actually not a bad function. It's just a little misleading at the moment.
How does that serve any purpose other than making you say "oh, ok" then?

The information is useless, you can't do anything with it.

I hate to be the angry math nerd guy but that's not how you do statistics Yasp... You have all that data available and you choose a sample size of 10? Seems really lazy.

Not that I care about the result but if you're doing something do it right.

Site's performance is pretty shit as it is. Perhaps that's a factor? I'm no dev by any means so I can't say for certain.

I suppose if you haven't calibrated or haven't played ranked in a long time knowing the average MMR in your unranked games could be sort of interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom