• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

but, you're the only post on this page
SoBayed.png

Ultrabum

Is there like a YouTube video of all the asura's wrath story compiled together. I don't really want to play that game, but I might watch it sometime.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is there like a YouTube video of all the asura's wrath story compiled together. I don't really want to play that game, but I might watch it sometime.

I watched it all when it came out. It's good but it peaks early.

Quesa

If we're counting Asura's Wrath then yeah that's the last anime I liked. It's got some really shitty parts but overall l enjoyed it.

Russ T

Banned
am i a bad person for thinking that actually looks pretty good

could do with a few less spikes here and there but overall it's not bad??

idg the spike meta for cosmetics

all part of the broader shit meta for cosmetics, I guess zzzz

buff necro and also give her a narwhal horn or something, that would be p sweet

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
idg the spike meta for cosmetics

all part of the broader shit meta for cosmetics, I guess zzzz

buff necro and also give her a narwhal horn or something, that would be p sweet

give all heroes a narwhal horn honestly, this is the best idea you've had in weeks

Twookie

i'm really impressed by blizzards ability to chug out new heroes for hots to play every 3 weeks

they're apparently teasing Dehaka from Starcraft now right now

Russ T

Banned
how come none of you told me amazon is gonna revive the live action series: The Tick

god it's like you don't even care about me

i'm really impressed by blizzards ability to chug out new heroes for hots to play every 3 weeks

they're apparently teasing Dehaka from Starcraft now right now

I believe dota had an even higher rate of new heroes back in the day, when more than single-digit numbers of people worked on the game

Chris R

Man, not having a good carry against a team that is too patient to push and end the game sucks.

Should have been over at the 25 minute mark, but went 50. All because their Jugg/Invoker combo had a combined GPM of 1300 and our Lina/WR had 636

Argh

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I decided fuck money and bought a 144Hz Asus monitor. Hope its worth the $270 I'm paying for it.

Luckily it has same day shipping, so in theory it should be at my apartment when I get home.

Chris R

144hz is probably the best upgrade on market right now.

1440p is nice as well, but the refresh rate is so much more apparent. You won't be able to go back.

and they still do!

if you liked shit back then it's impossible that you wouldn't like shit now, unless you are so delusional that you can't even admit the mere possibility

o:

For a lot of people the output today is way more favorable to them than it was in the 90s and early 2000s, but they fall into the group that the industry exclusively appeals to now. The anime part of anime basically turned into a microtransaction hook, meant to get a small number of people attached enough to spend a ton of money on supplemental merchandise, whereas in the "old days" they had enough incentives to try and appeal to a broader market and produce good work that excelled on its own merits.

It's basically the model Lucas used for the Star Wars prequels, where the movies themselves were just backdrops for hundreds of elaborate but meaningless character designs and setpieces meant to sell merchandise. I'm sure the kids and the collectors loved it, but it really sucked for anyone who liked movies.

So yes, I'm extremely deluded.

1440p is nice as well, but the refresh rate is so much more apparent. You won't be able to go back.

yeah I'm looking at 120/144hz monitors. Think that might be my next upgrade since the next generation of GPUs seems to be delayed, and I mostly just play older games these days.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, I was thinking of holding out for a higher res or a G-Sync Monitor, but I feel 4k monitors may be the "Standard" in a few years, and for all I know G-Sync is going to just die off or get replaced. 144Hz seemed like a "Safe" upgrade.

I have been wanting to change up my monitor for about a year now, since it got scratched up a bit during my last move.

kvk1

In my personal experience unless you want the higher refresh rate for an undemanding title, or you're okay with playing things on a Medium-High setting, 144hz isn't really the godlike upgrade everybody makes it out to be.

Russ T

Banned
For a lot of people the output today is way more favorable to them than it was in the 90s and early 2000s, but they fall into the group that the industry exclusively appeals to now. The anime part of anime basically turned into a microtransaction hook, meant to get a small number of people attached enough to spend a ton of money on supplemental merchandise, whereas in the "old days" they had enough incentives to try and appeal to a broader market and produce good work that excelled on its own merits.

It's basically the model Lucas used for the Star Wars prequels, where the movies themselves were just backdrops for hundreds of elaborate but meaningless character designs and setpieces meant to sell merchandise. I'm sure the kids and the collectors loved it, but it really sucked for anyone who liked movies.

So yes, I'm extremely deluded.

actually what really happened is that back in the day the west only got a small small small percentage of anime, and the stuff that came over was handpicked and usually known to be good and likely to appeal to a wider audience

now it's easy to have access to everything in the entire world, so, exactly like every other medium of entertainment, you have to look past the surface to find the stuff that's actually any good, that and there's just a huge massive volume of anime these days (just like every other entertainment industry grows)

go watch the rakugo anime airing this season and tell me it's just trying to pander to the existing hardcore otaku audience, cause holy shit, no

that said, the bubble is about to pop, the anime industry is in actual real trouble right now, and i'll be surprised if it doesn't crash and burn within the next ten years - probably sooner

edit: also star wars was, is, and always will be dumb

Russ T

Banned
why's that?

mostly just kinda overdose of anime

every year more and more series air all at once, meaning there needs to be more and more people CONSUMING said series for them to be profitable - but afaik that's not really happening

the industry treats its workers like shit (long hours, low pay - but like REALLY long hours and REALLY low pay)

episodes are created as the show airs - that's why there's often a sudden drop in quality - they fall too far behind and need to sacrifice quality to make it in time, etc

it's just a bunch of factors all in play at once, and something has to give way soon or it'll explode in spectacular fashion at a later date

Chris R

In my personal experience unless you want the higher refresh rate for an undemanding title, or you're okay with playing things on a Medium-High setting, 144hz isn't really the godlike upgrade everybody makes it out to be.

Well considering Dota is a undemanding title, it's a pretty good upgrade.

Granted, the new games I can't play on max to keep above 60 since my GPU is trash tier now, just waiting on that Pascal upgrade :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom