• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I mean we all knew this was coming. That was the entire point of custom games.

The most unfortunate thing here is that hat creation is now no longer the (potentially) lucrative semi-volunteer work it once was because the pipeline, the standards, and secondary market were all mismanaged to hell, and I see the same happening for custom games one day down the road if this ever takes off.

I mean we all knew this was coming. That was the entire point of custom games.

The most unfortunate thing here is that hat creation is now no longer the (potentially) lucrative semi-volunteer work it once was because the pipeline, the standards, and secondary market were all mismanaged to hell, and I see the same happening for custom games one day down the road if this ever takes off.

Valve can only blame themselves for fucking it up. It is their fault hat business went to shit in the first place with all the restrictions.

LOL enigma bracers

People should stop being entitled children who think you should get everything for free

Valve didn't go far enough imo, they should have allowed the option to make mods that are paid only

I mean think about it, they don't offer community-made cosmetics for free and offer you a special version if you pay, that would be dumb

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cool. I wonder which mod will be the first to go full on P2W.

I fully expect Imba to make their pass some dumb pay to lose option. Like allow you to enable hard mode, where you take double damage.

You know, I wonder if Valve will make their own mod that has a Paid Subscription for it. They had some RPG demo a while back.

Nere

Anyone else has a tiny heart attack when a game is ready? I queue in alt tab to watch a video or something and then BOOM everytime I jump when a game is ready.

Volodja

People should stop being entitled children who think you should get everything for free

Valve didn't go far enough imo, they should have allowed the option to make mods that are paid only

I mean think about it, they don't offer community-made cosmetics for free and offer you a special version if you pay, that would be dumb
I think optional subs are actually the best choice. This way they get the visibility of being free and the chance to make some money out of it from something that they wouldn't have had the chance to before.
Paid only mods would probably be quite deserted in an enviroment where free is the standard and starting free and then going paid-only wouldn't be ideal either. With most mods being multiplayer based, the lack of a sizeable player pool would be terrible.

Also this could very well just be a transitional phase to introduce the idea to players.

What's left is to see what good and what horrible stuff modders will come out with as far as bonuses go. I look forward to the articles blaming Valve for the bad ones.

Haly

Valve can only blame themselves for fucking it up. It is their fault hat business went to shit in the first place with all the restrictions.

LOL enigma bracers

Oh no doubt. Given the debacle with the Skyrim mods I feel they're going to fuck it up again with paid doto mods.

It'll take 2-3 iterations before they get something to stick, that's just the Valve way.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind giving some money to the guys who created Element TD

PAYING

FOR THINGS

IN 2016

EleGiggle.png

Haly

When bernie is president he will make all the mods and hats free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom