• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

- all Bo3
dc8TDH0.png

beyondthesummit
liquipedia
- $150k prizepool
1st $62k
2nd $31k
3rd $19k
4th $12k

UB Final
VG vs CDEC

LB Final
Ehome vs UB loser

Grand Final
UB Winner vs LB Winner

Acinixys

I'm wondering how you solve the problem of melee carries sucking without ruining the high mobility (because that is entertaining to watch and play).

Add a free 600 range blink to all Melee characters

You could call it flash

So many invoker complaints in leddit.
leave my invoker alone!

Fuck that

Free level 1 Invoke is fucking retarded

Played vs a Drow/ Invoker yesterday. Invo was doing over 80 damage at level 1. Mid was lost at minute 00:00

gai_shain

Not really. It gives you something substantially useful before BKB, Orchid, or Butterfly. I like to think of it as using positioning to slightly make up a gap of protection temporarily before you get your real defensive item (BKB or Butterfly). There's plenty of heroes that build Orchid it's viable on too, such as Clinkz, Storm, etc. It's meant to be something you break down to make real items with.

yeah really, I didnt encounter any situation where it was the best choice or where I would have wanted to spent 1k gold on an item I didnt need at that moment instead of putting that 1k directly to the next item I want to build.

This is so fucking annoying. 4K to 4.5K I got the nicest players and no flamers ever. I got above that, suddenly everybody shits on each other. People that want to mid or carry with two people, feeders, griefers, trash talkers. It makes the game so tedious.

Apparently even low priotity is not helping enough. I have send like 7 reports in five games and I still have about 5 from getting them back.

Plenty of games where we still can win but some griefer decides to do their own thing.

Wok

Real question: how do I get to practice heros like Pudge in Normal skill bracket? I thought creating a smurf would do, but I am in High-skill to Very-high-skill brackets after a few games.

Shall I create a smurf and say I have never played a MOBA? The mistake might have been to say that I had already played Dota2, but I thought it was only to skip the tutorial.

I have just played these games and performed poorly in most. Shall I spam Pudge and eventually get back to Normal bracket? It is super annoying to play with 4.4K to 5K with a hero like Pudge, because I feel like I will drag the game. When I see people above 4k before the game starts, I just pick Arc Warden.

QOFII2s.png

Pudge is not hard enough to warrant smurfing. Just queue normal allpick.

Even with something like earth spirit or meepo, you'll learn faster playing against better players.

Wok

Pudge is not hard enough to warrant smurfing. Just queue normal allpick.

Even with something like earth spirit or meepo, you'll learn faster playing against better players.

Everytime I miss a hook, I feel like I am a burden to the team. I don't want to waste other people's games. No?

Which hero do people usually create smurf for?

Everytime I miss a hook, I feel like I am a burden to the team. I don't want to waste other people's games. No?
So instead you'll waste other people's time? Skillshots aren't so hard you need to smurf lol.

People create smurfs to stomp newbies, or learn an entirely new lane typically

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Smurf is the way to go.

The detection is quick enough now that you'll get bumped up a few brackets if the game sees you going 20-0 so you'll get your competition soon enough without having to deal with 4k tryhards.

Wok

Ok, people are actually nicer in VHS when I miss a hook than in Normal bracket. All is good. I don't even know why I created a smurf.

Games were even won.

YPLrjQS.png

Quesa

pudge is op according to hylian and reddit so you definitely don't need to smurf to win with him

Pudge is the new techies; most people don't want to come to terms with the idea of the hero actually being useful instead of autolose and not competitively viable, so they'd rather see the hero nerfed back into irrelevance than at all.

That said, the difference is that you definitely see a lot more of pudge in general than you do techies.

#bringbacktechies

Pudge is the new techies; most people don't want to come to terms with the idea of the hero actually being useful instead of autolose and not competitively viable, so they'd rather see the hero nerfed back into irrelevance than at all.

That said, the difference is that you definitely see a lot more of pudge in general than you do techies.

#bringbacktechies

I'm seeing more complaints about invoker than pudge on leddit so maybe pudge will get away with only some nerfs rather then being completely ruined

M.D

Pudge is a hero that is annoying to deal with and changes the way you normally play that got some good buffs

Techies is a stupid fucking hero with a terrible concept that shouldn't be in dota that also happened to be extremely strong

Anyway on december 23rd this got patched out " Using summoned units to kill heroes outside of XP range now behaves the same as if you used an ability to kill the hero"

http://www.dota2.com/news/updates/19837/

Does anyone know if this applies to techies? I just tried it in a lobby and I think it does

Techies is a stupid fucking hero with a terrible concept that shouldn't be in dota that also happened to be extremely strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom