• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
these sample sizes are so low though
now this

1451145422-modestats.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
VC's writing is trash 1.09.

Game is okay but ugh those characters and dialogue.

Acinixys

Just played vs a good Arc

What a disgusting piece of shit

Literally impossible to stop Arc + Necro 3 With Manta and Radience and Octarine + His double with the same

They slow sieged for 20 mins till we lost due to our inability to clear the waves

Also Magnus sucked and missed every RP
sad.gif

Didnt help that Tusk steamrolled our team in the first 20 mins

Playing support is suffering

tusk with 34 kills is a bigger issue than zet
Just counterpush the lane he sent his double to and go all in mid and end the fucking game, you can have spectre counterpush while the team advances mid

Wok

tusk with 34 kills is a bigger issue than zet
Just counterpush the lane he sent his double to and go all in mid and end the fucking game, you can have spectre counterpush while the team advances mid

This is how I lost to a WR and Lifestealer. If they base race faster than you do, and most importantly start base racing mid when you have gone a weird greedy stat build and your tempest double is on cooldown, then they can win.

s63TfKg.png

and then

Znpi60V.png

081TItH.png

I am not going yolo build again:

Qa2uHRT.png

I don't see the power creep. No hero is remotely on 6.84 Lesh's level or 6.83 Troll. Gyro is still meta (or so it seems) despite nerfs and so on.

1300 range hook on a 4 second cooldown.

I assume you weren't around when Troll was 57% pub winrate and 100% p/b in comp? Ever since I started Dota 2 in 2013, he was the most ridiculous hero who wasn't nerfed within weeks (as opposed to release Earth Spirit for instance) but lingered forever and invalidaded virtually all melee heroes rofl. That was not a good time to play Dota. He was the same in 6.82 I think but people were too busy picking Juggernaut thankfully.

As I said, I firmly believe there is no hero in the game remotely on his level. According to Datdota, about 100 games of 6.86 pro Dota have been played with the meta remaining largely the same with the addition of Invoker despite most meta heroes getting nerfs. Where's the power creep in that?

Wok

1300 range hook on a 4 second cooldown.

Only for late game fountain hooking.

As I said, I firmly believe there is no hero in the game remotely on his level. According to Datdota, about 100 games of 6.86 pro Dota have been played with the meta remaining largely the same with the addition of Invoker despite most meta heroes getting nerfs. Where's the power creep in that?

Not talking about Troll here. Just the most annoying hero. It might be Tusk. Always picked in 6.85, not nerfed in 6.86.

Soooooo I played Dota last night for the first time in like 6 months.

I was surprised at how quickly the basics came back to me like second nature. My map awareness was not where it needed to be though.

Also I immediately felt the urge to buy that Zeus Arcana

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

Not talking about Troll here. Just the most annoying hero. It might be Tusk. Always picked in 6.85, not nerfed in 6.86.

!

freezyfrog said:
Tusk

Movement speed reduced from 305 to 300
Ice Shards damage reduced from 70/140/210/280 to 60/120/180/240
Snowball can no longer pull units out of Blackhole or Chronosphere
Snowball gather radius reduced from 400 to 350

XL4iNl2.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't see the power creep. No hero is remotely on 6.84 Lesh's level or 6.83 Troll. Gyro is still meta (or so it seems) despite nerfs and so on.

That's not what power creep means my man. Power creep isn't the prevalence of a small group of vastly overpowered heroes. It's the gradual but definite increase in power among many heroes. The items being added to the game and changes/buffs to certain abilities are changing the overall flow of the game towards a faster, more powerful one in general.

Cleve

This is not exactly a plus for me.

This most certainly is.

Valkyria is a fantastic series. I was a hardcore xcom enemy unknown player and while I don't think they're directly comparable, the general sense of positioning and action point management is. Well worth getting.

Hylian7

This is not exactly a plus for me.

This most certainly is.

The cutscenes are really not that bad as far as anime goes. They don't get super into the "kawaii desu" thing. I think the worst one is where they meet a pig and decide to take it with them.

Besides, you get to hear about how bridges are important. VC is great, highly recommend it.

Wok

Just played with a 4.7k MMR Pudge. Literally carried his 3 mates and my Arc to victory. Opponents had a 4k Bounty Hunter babysitting midlane Tinker, and a 4k Nature Prophet. I owned the bounty hunter twice thanks to some faerie pop, the new item is op.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2031848912

https://yasp.co/matches/2031848912

The game becomes too stressful again with people playing at that level. I might have to create another smurf to practice my Pudge.

Just look at that. How? How can be?

TsifFq6.png

I am not touching this account again if there is a risk to play with or against this kind of monster.

The cutscenes are really not that bad as far as anime goes. They don't get super into the "kawaii desu" thing. I think the worst one is where they meet a pig and decide to take it with them.

Besides, you get to hear about how bridges are important.
I have also heard the tank gets an umbrella at some stage.

gyro too. boring ass hero

How? He's a carry with an ability that can do absurd damage early on, but it requires him to get his fragile, high-priority-target ass really close to the action. Calldown is a cool looking big teamfight spell, and homing missile is weird ranged stun that makes for all kinds of silly moments.

Overplayed, sure, but he's more interesting than most other agi carries to me. Plus his voice is great.

KingKong

How? He's a carry with an ability that can do absurd damage early on, but it requires him to get his fragile, high-priority-target ass really close to the action. Calldown is a cool looking big teamfight spell, and homing missile is weird ranged stun that makes for all kinds of silly moments.

Overplayed, sure, but he's more interesting than most other agi carries to me. Plus his voice is great.

every hero sounds great when you describe them like that. hes a guy with damage spells that farms up the same items every game

Low Tier
bof4 was great, but i think bof3's gene system was so much cooler. At least i remember it being so with my 14 year old self. Plus i think bof3's story and final boss were much better than 4's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom