• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Getting Aghs on Lion is always such a great feeling. Suddenly your strong but extremely precious tactical airstrike of an ult turns into a indiscriminate carpet bombing that you can sloppily throw out to delete a creepwave or hero whenever you feel like it.

Shoutouts to everyone that stacked with us tonight! Games were fun, shame you can't live in a proper timezone.

xoxo

shira

Valve = Clowns

Qualifiers
china = ["NewBee","IG.Vitality","NB.y","Wings","IG","Fantuan","LGD","CDEC.y"]
ame = ["Leviathan","DC","Power of Friendship","Archon","Void Boys","coL","Elite Wolves","Shazam"]
eur=["Fantastic Five","Empire","Navi","Team Spirit","Vega","Elements","Liquid","Hell Raisers"]
sa=["MVP.P","TNC","Sig.Trust","Fnatic","Satuduatiga","Execration","Mineski","First Departure"];

Post above you wasn't a prediction, it was a fact. Valve left the teams in the source code again.

oh rofl
SeemsGood.png
nice one valve

they found there for the qualifiers
china = ["NewBee","IG.Vitality","NB.y","Wings","IG","Fantuan","LGD","CDEC.y"]

eur=["Fantastic Five","Empire","Navi","Team Spirit","Vega","Elements","Liquid","Hell Raisers"]

sa=["MVP.P","TNC","Sig.Trust","Fnatic","Satuduatiga","Execration","Mineski","First Departure"]

amr ["Leviathan","DC","Power of Friendship","Archon","Void Boys","coL","Elite Wolves","Shazam"]

Winning lans is worth a lot, even if it was the worst LAN in Dota history.

And who's their competition here? Liquid placed third at the same LAN and didn't even qualify for the previous major(they lost to Alliance), so saying "yeah but Alliance did shit at that major" doesn't really hold up.

Qvoth

liquid won (2 i think?) but they didn't get invited
liquipedia shows liquid won defense season 5 and d2cl season 6, prize money is very low compared to wca though
so does that mean the amount of prize money is what matters now?

liquid won (2 i think?) but they didn't get invited
liquipedia shows liquid won defense season 5 and d2cl season 6, prize money is very low compared to wca though
so does that mean the amount of prize money is what matters now?
That's some theory. Look at the teams that participated in WCA and compare them to what Liquid had to face. Who knows how Valve decides these things but obviously they value winning tournaments in which a lot of big teams participate.

Liquid could've been chosen instead and I wouldn't have complained but I wouldn't say there's a very clear choice between the two.

edit: I mean whatever, there's a 90% chance the other one wins qualifiers anyway so eh. The real question is why the fuck does NA get 2 qualifier entries.

gai_shain

It should be LGD. Just do top 8 from last major like CSGO, its the most fair way

It really shouldnt and it really isnt.

Last thing im gonna say on concede, when dotaleague was still a thing and I played that alot the ff option never felt like a problem at that time. The players I played with there were also more mature than the random people I encounter in pubs so its not a very good comparison. Im still sticking with implement it in unranked if you want but I dont trust people enough not to just try to start conceding in ranked early.

KingKong

well otherwise youre trying to figure out past major performance, pedigree and a really limited amount of tourney results

these arent 8 best teams since the major since then Secret shouldnt be getting an invite over Liquid

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
YO Alliance MY BOYS! On that TI6 Victory Road! Don't let the h8rs bring you down.

With the Furion, Sylla and Chen buffs, this major is an Alliance win already, don't bother rooting for other teams. Only thing you should bet on is how many games Alliance will win after they lost all their barracks.

Arol

Lol at the CIS qualifier.

Since there no real league play, inviting Alliance makes sense, having them just won over LGD at WCA.

I don't get why NA and to an extent SEA( I don't know enough about this scene, just feels weak like NA) still get two spots, aside from EG, no other NA team has placed high enough or won major tournaments to warrant it imo.

Randdalf

It should be LGD. Just do top 8 from last major like CSGO, its the most fair way

But Alliance beat LGD in a BO5 LAN final!

Either way, I think even though WCA happened in an era of uncertainty over the meta, they won WCA and this patch has buffed Alliance's favoured picks.

marrec

Banned
I think I'm done with Offlane DK for now. It definitely works for specific lineups but his contribution amounts to "rotate effectively to push towers early" and then "avoid teamfights, farm up a light carry build". Maybe a Blink or Shadowblade build IS in order... hmmmmm....

Still fun as hell to have that kind of lane presence early on.

I think it's time I move on to DP

marrec

Banned
Did they fix the long waits in battles? Cause if not then ya you'll be playing FFIX until DOTA 3 comes out. I just finished it last week and I bought it when it released.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Feels like whenever I watch a pro play Timbersaw he does about 50% more damage than he does when I play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom