• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
1451499233-1409338199852.gif

maybe make it shorter on ranged heroes then

sand kong global range burrow strike

reSpectHer global dagger, and

leastmaster global shout would do wonders to bring this game into the modern era

inkls

why don't you just abandon the thread again.

Because your mom asks me to check on you everytime I visit her.

They troll and they throw and they feed couriers and they are obnoxious and spam in team chat and all chat without any concede option. It's because the genre and the community are shit, not the concede mechanic. It would just allow you to end the suffering earlier without having to be penalized for not wanting to put up with it.

I get that extreme comebacks are thrilling, but let's not pretend those are nearly as common as games where you have to sit in front of your computer screen for 15, 20, 30 minutes as the enemy figures out how to end the game and your team has devolved to flaming each other and throwing. If four teammates agree to shake hands and leave things be, they shouldn't be thrown in LP for it. If you think a comeback is possible, vote to stay.

Yeah no. People troll in league as well and they have a concede button. They even start feeding or afk in fountain if you don't concede.

I once had a teammate feed from minute 1 because one of my teammate asked him/her if he/she was trolling because they hadn't come to help the jungler get the level 1 camp. The response?

"I troll"

and instantly starts feeding. Wow solved by a concede mechanic so much. Not to mention people asking to concede because of nonstandard team compositions or because they didn't get the role they wanted.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I only check this thread for inkls, tusr and vade posts.

And stevewinwood but rip

No homo

inkls

inkls when the fuck are you gonna log into steam

here u are spouting off about leeg

ian misses u

Something should come up in January, moving in the city around that timeframe if stuff works out well. So Jan-Feb I should be fully back.

And yeah, tell Ian I miss him too. Even if he's a shitstain who bought his account.

And stevewinwood but rip

No homo

KappaPride.png

Zoon

Hey EE, I'm trying to learn to play PA. I just have a question about the skill build: Should I max Stifling Dagger like you stifled your mmr, blink strike so I can throw in a blink of an eye, evasion so I can evade all the victories or coup de grace so I can have a 15% win rate like you.

TUSR

Banned

And stevewinwood but rip

No homo

Something should come up in January, moving in the city around that timeframe if stuff works out well. So Jan-Feb I should be fully back.

And yeah, tell Ian I miss him too. Even if he's a shitstain who bought his account.

im sure he reads this thread, even though he has like 3 posts on gaf in 9 years

"Total Posts: 11 (0.00 posts per day)"

Hey EE, I'm trying to learn to play PA. I just have a question about the skill build: Should I max Stifling Dagger like you stifled your mmr, blink strike so I can throw in a blink of an eye, evasion so I can evade all the victories or coup de grace so I can have a 15% win rate like you.

hey bruh he did win one with pa okay

he was on radiant against invoker enchantress brood and some other guys i think dazzul

TUSR

Banned
Took them long enough, christ. At they very least they should have said "Something fucked up with the caching, we are investigating, we apologize for the information breach." when it happened.

they did on dec 25th

Steam is back up and running without any known issues. As a result of a configuration change earlier today, a caching issue allowed some users to randomly see pages generated for other users for a period of less than an hour. This issue has since been resolved. We believe no unauthorized actions were allowed on accounts beyond the viewing of cached page information and no additional action is required by users

Hylian7

On the discussion boards for Steam or whatever. Not enough. They were completely silent on social media, email, sending users a popup message on Steam, nothing. That's not acceptable. A lot of people that were affected didn't even know.

M.D

I don't know if this is actually the case but I played a bot game with OD and he seems extremely strong right now, at least compared to what he was before this patch (and the latest change to 2 int stolen with lvl one orb)

He seems to have just as strong a laning phase as before, but it seems like he can do way more in fights now, especially long fights where he can potentially steal a ton of int that not only affect his damage output but also has implications on enemy heroes. Stealing 5 int per hit from an str/agi can make such a huge difference.
Also, I'm not sure how Aether Lens interacts with his spells but +8 HP regen seems like it would be a pretty big get for him if only for the 8HP regen, sustainability is one of the things he lacked before and this seems like it would be a great solution on paper

TUSR

Banned
On the discussion boards for Steam or whatever. Not enough. They were completely silent on social media, email, sending users a popup message on Steam, nothing. That's not acceptable.

they actually sent the message to gamespot of all places

a site i havent been to since 2003

I don't know if this is actually the case but I played a bot game with OD and he seems extremely strong right now, at least compared to what he was before this patch (and the latest change to 2 int stolen with lvl one orb)

He seems to have just as strong a laning phase as before, but it seems like he can do way more in fights now, especially long fights where he can potentially steal a ton of int that not only affect his damage output but also has implications on enemy heroes. Stealing 5 int per hit from an str/agi can make such a huge difference.
Also, I'm not sure how Aether Lens interacts with his spells but +8 HP regen seems like it would be a pretty big get for him if only for the 8HP regen, sustainability is one of the things he lacked before and this seems like it would be a great solution on paper
Orb attacks with aether doesn't seem to work i think you need to get dragon lance to get the +range right ?

EleGiggle he just won with PA

TUSR

Banned
Orb attacks with aether doesn't seem to work i think you need to get dragon lance to get the +range right ?

I tried google and one reddit post says it works if cast manually, need to verify

kind of like jakiro's liquid fire

400 range autocast

600 range manual cast

dragon lance will increase its range, not aether

JAKIRO

Base: Manual = 600, Autocast = 400;
With Aether Lens: Manual = 600, Autocast = 400;
With Dragon Lance: Manual = 730, Autocast = 530;
With both: Manual = 730, Autocast = 530.

HUSKAR

Base: Manual = 450, Autocast = 400;
With Aether Lens: Manual = 450, Autocast = 400;
With Dragon Lance: Manual = 580, Autocast = 530;
With both: Manual = 580, Autocast = 530.

VIPER

Base: Manual = 600, Autocast = 575;
With Aether Lens: Manual = 600, Autocast = 575;
With Dragon Lance: Manual = 730, Autocast = 705;
With both: Manual = 730, Autocast = 705;

CLINKZ

Base: Manual & Autocast = 630;
With Aether Lens: Manual & Autocast = 630;
With Dragon Lance: Manual & Autocast = 760;
With both: Manual & Autocast = 760;

every fucking game today i have the dumbest trash tier fucktard on my team who feed uncontrollably. while the other team has players who know what the fuck they are doing

Quesa

I have the winningest medusa for some reason?

I thought it was a fluke cuz I played her a lot when she came out, but yeah for some reason this hero feels pretty natural to me. I don't think I'm like good (I guess I got bumped down to normal bracket when I was hitting VHS at some point), but I like the way she plays a lot.

Is mael > manta > mjol > bfly good on her? I skipped linkens after the discussion I read here and didn't regret my decisions in the slightest.

Acinixys

If you ever go to a restaurant knowing that the kitchen closes at 10PM, but you and your 12 friends order at 9:50, I want you to know you are literally the worst human on the planet

invoker-fume.gif

Also this games report function needs more options

Like "Didnt listen to my good advice" and, "Is retarded and incapable of using their stun to stop the enemy WD from ulting and wiping out whole team multiple times"

If you ever go to a restaurant knowing that the kitchen closes at 10PM, but you and your 12 friends order at 9:50, I want you to know you are literally the worst human on the planet

invoker-fume.gif

Also this games report function needs more options

Like "Didnt listen to my good advice" and, "Is retarded and incapable of using their stun to stop the enemy WD from ulting and wiping out whole team multiple times"

maybe because being a bad player isn't reportable

being a cunt is

I'm late to the concede discussion but
If the Dota pros can handle a surrender system, I'm pretty sure Dota pubs can as well. People that said it was a bad idea before didn't say much when the pros got their own surrender system. They won't say much when/if pubs get one. Let intelligent minds decide if they've had enough or not by 4/5 or unanimous vote.
That logic doesn't make any sense though, pros know the game well enough to know when a game is winnable or not, most pubs have no idea at all(I don't either), they've proven this by immediately spamming gg in all chat after one bad fight. Most players have proven they do not deserve the power to decide when a game is over or not, I've seen too many stories here of players thinking they lost a game but then somehow winning vs megas or something like that, all of those wins go away if you add a concede option. Even if 2/5 still believe they can still win, do you think the other 3 will even try? I'm sure the discussion devolves to "wtf noob no concede pls report".

Add to that that you can never enjoy being on the winning side of a game for too long before the other team has already conceded.

Quesa

Many players may not know when a game is lost, but most of them know when it's no longer fun, and when they'd rather not find out so they can move on.

That said, I'm not satisfied with any implementation of a concede system I've thought up or come across, and until I've seen one I like I don't think it's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom