• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Unfortunately ever since the change to Reborn, the Dota client has not saved any changes I make to my options. It resets back to default every time I exit the game, without fail. I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling but this has not fixed it.

Anyone else experience this or have any ideas?

Unfortunately ever since the change to Reborn, the Dota client has not saved any changes I make to my options. It resets back to default every time I exit the game, without fail. I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling but this has not fixed it.

I think it has to do with some autoconfig file, I have a similar issues with matchmaking preferences (region, game modes) which reset every time to AP+AR and no region selected which is fucking annoying
dp might need nerfs, but what is for damn sure is that naix needs a whole new meta to be relevant.
Ghosts are OK but seriously siphon is a stupid spell
Naix is trash, rage is fun but the fact that it gets so easily countered is laughable
Infest is also a relic from the past

Deku Tree

How does Dota 2 run on Mac OS X? Are you stuck playing with Mac players only? Or does the game support play with PC players too?

Here is my Computer:

27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display
4.0GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 4.2GHz
16GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM - two 8GB
512GB Flash Storage
AMD Radeon R9 M395X with 4GB video memory

Not a gaming PC, but will it run Dota 2 on OS X reasonable? Or would I need to buy W10? thx

TUSR

Banned
How does Dota 2 run on Mac OS X? Are you stuck playing with Mac players only? Or does the game support play with PC players too?

Here is my Computer:

512GB Flash Storage

Not a gaming PC, but will it run Dota 2 on OS X reasonable? Or would I need to buy W10? thx
It will run, but the client is buggy as hell. Boot camp it.

Here is my Computer:

512GB Flash Storage

dota doesn't require insane specs, this should run it perfectly
don't know about mac support though, but it's not OS locked obviously lol

DrPizza

Banned

Here is my Computer:

512GB Flash Storage

Should be fine if you run it at half the screen's native resolution (Apple continues to put stupidly high resolution screens into its systems without sufficient GPU power). You'll be able to play against anyone, but the OS X and Linux clients have a reputation for being (even) bugger than the Windows one. I'd give it a go and if it's too unbearable then get Windows 10. Windows 10 Home should be fine for Boot Camp.

I have the same issue but with no solutions. Its very annoying.

Epix

Just found the setting to not have the camera automatically focus on my character when it respawns. Hallelujah. Should save me a fortune in TPs.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How long are these dumb fuck teams going to keep letting Jerax have Kaolin?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
dp might need nerfs, but what is for damn sure is that naix needs a whole new meta to be relevant.

Naix is doing well at the euro main qualifiers, 4-1 with a high KDA. The hero isn't appropriate in every lineup, but when he fits, he FITS. I like him this patch, you just have to be wary of when and where you pick him. There are some heroes he just absolutely destroys (strength cores and supports with heavy magic damage/disable but no mobility).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yo when is the next IHL. I might trash up the place since I haven't touched the game since season 2...

I haven't talked to TUSR yet, but I'm kinda not up for administrating another one. I don't know if he's up for doing it again with another partner though, going to talk it over with mumblegaf and him later today or tomorrow. If no one is up for admin-ing/organizing another ihl from mumblegaf; I'll just leave it open for anyone in this thread that wants to organize/administrate ihl3 in the near or far future. Most of the framework is all there, and you can just copypasta all the rules/formatting as you please.

Naix is doing well at the euro main qualifiers, 4-1 with a high KDA. The hero isn't appropriate in every lineup, but when he fits, he FITS. I like him this patch, you just have to be wary of when and where you pick him. There are some heroes he just absolutely destroys (strength cores and supports with heavy magic damage/disable but no mobility).

my biggest gripe with naix is that most long silences absolutely destroy him or force him to buy bkb which is terrible and kills his momentum. considering some good meta heroes have decent to long silences this is a big issue
also infest is really shit imo besides gimmick shit like pudge ds alch naix

preach

my biggest gripe with naix is that most long silences absolutely destroy him or force him to buy bkb which is terrible and kills his momentum. considering some good meta heroes have decent to long silences this is a big issue
also infest is really shit imo besides gimmick shit like pudge ds alch naix
infest is a get out of jail free card vs a lot of line ups in the early-mid game. What other hero can dive T2s 2v1 and get out for free?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The key to playing naix in teamfights this patch (especially with the lower lvl 2/3 infest CD) is to always initiate fights in an ancient creep imo. Literally just run in and wack them; if they focus your ancient creep, good, your team gets a nice free initiation, and you pop out and kill the back-line supports. Chances are though they panic and run or let you get a few smacks/fires off before your team swoops in and you annihilate the supports.

Can't be CC'd or slowed in an ancient as well. It allows you to deal massive aoe damage, to initiate for (and sometimes temporarily buff) your team, and to avoid all those pre-rage instant hexes/silences.

Hylian7

Marc Laidlaw :(
I know it sucks that he retired, but why exactly is everyone taking this to mean HL3 is definitely never happening?

Yeah, he had a major role in the games, but Valve has plenty of other employees that can work on it, or write for it. Granted, I still don't have my hopes up for HL3 anytime soon, or ever. However it's entirely possible HL3 was written before he retired, or it will still be made regardless.

I'd say the chances of HL3 haven't really changed at all because of this.

Also, get well CyborgMatt.

yarden24

I haven't talked to TUSR yet, but I'm kinda not up for administrating another one. I don't know if he's up for doing it again with another partner though, going to talk it over with mumblegaf and him later today or tomorrow. If no one is up for admin-ing/organizing another ihl from mumblegaf; I'll just leave it open for anyone in this thread that wants to organize/administrate ihl3 in the near or far future. Most of the framework is all there, and you can just copypasta all the rules/formatting as you please.

Do you feel the last Ihl was good? I felt in both of the last ones people lost interest towards the end of it, but I can't really think of a way to fix that.

Anyways thank you and tusr for organizing it and the last one, I enjoyed them a lot.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Do you feel the last Ihl was good? I felt in both of the last ones people lost interest towards the end of it, but I can't really think of a way to fix that.

Anyways thank you and tusr for organizing it and the last one, I enjoyed them a lot.

I certainly enjoyed it; I think we started ihl2 a little too quickly after the finish of 1, and the lack of a ticket from Valve was very disappointing.

Outside of that, I liked 2 more than 1 simply because 1 had all the big hype surrounding it—as it was the first ihl in a loooong time...so we ended up with a mass of lurkers and gaming side people that didn't actually show up to games or actively play, and had lots of DQ issues. Season 2 was smaller, shorter, and much more focused with the majority of signups being the active guys from season 1. Some of the magic/hype from the first IHL was gone though, certainly.

I'd definitely participate in any potential future IHL's, but I've had my fill of organizing/administrating for a good while. Just wanna be a player.

Actually there are ways to get HL3 :

Who cares about Valve. If there is KS campaign for HL3 what could Valve do? If they block it they will piss people who want closure. As you said they don;t care about money ether. Only thing they could do i block KS and formally announce that they are working on HL3 or let KS continue. In both cases it is win for users. :D

When there is no nice way to make them talk there are other ways.

or

That's why I tell people if you want HL3 don't give valve any of your money. They won't make it until people stop buying hats and using their steam platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom