• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

F!ReW!Re

G.ZZZ

So I'm going to try my hand at this. I'm going to look at all the heroes not in Dota 2 yet and tell what role (s) they are.

Phoenix - 3-5 role. Support/teamfight. His skills could be useful in a lane, particularly a trilane with a stun. There is a straight up Wombo Combo with a Naga Siren and that ultimate.

Legion Commander - 4-5 support, more in the vein of Abaddon. The ult can basically keep someone disabled and is a great banking tool if your team will back you up. I could see going Blademail for those troublesome right clickers.

Earth Spirit - mid or offlane, 2-3. He seems to be able to control his lane well as well as have good ganking potential. He also has an escape, making offlane work out.

Ember Spirit - 2, mid. Good lane control and good ganking at 6

Techies - This hero sounds broken as hell. I guess he could be a mid though. His nukes (understatement) ramp up nicely in a solo lane. 300 damage mines at level 1 is RIDICULOUS though.

Oracle - definite support, 4-5.

Pit Lord/Abyssal Underlord - 3-5. Has potential at mid, but also could excel at support in a lane. The rotation ability is like a super Io though. I can see wombo combos of this with a Centaur.

Terrorblade - 1, hard carry for sure. His strength gain doesn't look that great, so I imagine he might want a Heart.

Arc Warden - 1-2, carry. You have the right items for him and you are looking at some insane potential. He's like a super Meepo that you only have to micro 20 seconds at a time and only the main one absolutely has to live. Diffusal and Manta on this guy has serious potential.

Winter Wyvern - very much a 4-5 support.

Edit: something I didn't even think about on Arc Warden: there is practically no reason not to go Midas on him. Even if you don't get it by 7-8 minutes, it will pay for itself every time you use your ult.

Legion = Bat. Jungler ganker, get blink and win game. Techies sucks, Wivern is a 5 and Ember is still broken if you stack bfuries on him.

SaberVulcan

Legion Commander - 4-5 support, more in the vein of Abaddon. The ult can basically keep someone disabled and is a great banking tool if your team will back you up. I could see going Blademail for those troublesome right clickers.

Terrorblade - 1, hard carry for sure. His strength gain doesn't look that great, so I imagine he might want a Heart.

Legion is more of a 2-3. Specializes in ganking and picking heroes off. Needs farm to do so effectively.

Skadi was the more preferred item on Terrorblade for beefyness. I havent played him since his most recent remake, so not sure if that changed though.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Techies - This hero sounds broken as hell. I guess he could be a mid though. His nukes (understatement) ramp up nicely in a solo lane. 300 damage mines at level 1 is RIDICULOUS though.

Techies is RIDICULOUS!

- 'Suicide' does half spell/half magic damage (great for suicide into spinning juggernaut early)
- 'Remote Mines' are OP, with Aginams techies can place remote mines from across the treeline(s) in ganks and instantly detonate them for 750 damage each. (10 seconds cooldown nuke)

Tossing a (suicide) Techies with Tiny, never gets old.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Best way to learn is play, lets do a few games this weekend?
My heart races when I read that post :( I'm all stressed out... maybe, man! I'll keep in touch, we'll see what happens this weekend :3

Tobe

Aight thanks guys.

Is there an "Item Recommendation" button that I can use in the game or do I have to manually buy everything?

oh boy just prepare to break a couple of keyboards, sc2 isnt even 1/4 of the rage you can feel in this game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oh boy just prepare to break a couple of keyboards, sc2 isnt even 1/4 of the rage you can feel in this game.

Sibylus

Banned
Zeus out in front is definitely not the tact to be taking in this situation. Need Drums among other things to tank.

The pool back then had a ridiculous amount of int heroes and very low amounts of physical damage or am counters. IIRC orchid was still like 5850 or something, and you didn't get as much gold for kills early on, making it a really good environment for am. That and a lot of pushing carries weren't in the game still, most of that pool is hard carries.

Dota2_TI1_HeroesFinal.jpg

Nighstalker was also pretty good in this pool. It's actually a really nice set of heroes since some of these heroes aren't picked competitively now.

Ketch

So I opened a chest and got a "strange" antimage Mohawk. I didn't even know there were strange items in the game. Anybody know how much that might be worth.... I don't play AM and might be trading or sellin it.

profit

I dunno. I can rage pretty hard in SC2, but I never had the same feeling in DOTA.
I'll get angry at my teammates but no longer then a few seconds (and I get grouped with russians most of the time), but nothing gets me more frustrated then making stupid mistakes myself, which happens a lot in SC2.

KingKong

Does Loda have the biggest hero pool for a carry? He always seems to be playing someone different and not just lifestealer or gyro or alchemist

Razzer

Does Loda have the biggest hero pool for a carry? He always seems to be playing someone different and not just lifestealer or gyro or alchemist

If not the biggest then certainly up there. The perks of being a pro for so long I guess, he's had time to master almost all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom