• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

all things being equal (I know it's a team game, but...) who's the best dota player in the world?

Is it Dendi? It's Dendi isn't it?

Artanisix

all things being equal (I know it's a team game, but...) who's the best dota player in the world?

Way too hard to pick one. It'd be easier to pick based on role, and even then it's still tough.

Akke and EGM are my favorite supports
Iceiceice best offlane
Others, idk

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
s4 is best mid world.

Best AFK Split Pusher/Farmer: Admiral Bulldog

G.ZZZ

Dendi's "just" the best pudge. I'd put him maybe in Top5 mids, he's solid but he don't have absurd mechanical skills like Mushi/Ice^3, and S4 consistently out-smart him in decision making whenever Na'vi goes against [A]. Arteezy would also outlane dendi 7-8 times out of 10. His invoker was considered one of the best, but you just don't see it anymore.

EGM is the best support 5 for me, Ars-Art has maybe even better mechanical skills (and a bigger pool as far as i know), but he's worse at pull-chain-stacking and that's crucial for a support. [A] warding tend to be better too, but i'm not sure how much of it is EGM/Akke/S4. Still, AA lesh was the best i've ever seen at TI2.

Bulldog has some unbelievable LD and Prophet. How an hero that's basically unplayed is considered broken when played by him is a testament at how fucking good he actually is.

Iceiceice and Mushi are mechanical monsters, but Iceiceice has better decision making to me. The new DK is getting carried hard by them. Mushi's in particular is another world compared to most more passive Chinese mids. They're also old school, so their pool is incredible, and they also can play different roles. Max respect for them.

Arteezy is the best mid, and he basically revolutionized mid laning. I'd say he's probably even better than Yajirobe.

S4 is not up there mechanically compared to top mids, but he has the best decision making and initiating skill. He is also a top drafter, and he was outdrafting everyone until the final of TI3 were his drafting pattern was finally disrupted.

China had the best carries (Sylar, Zhou, Burning) but lately i've been less and less impressed by them, the game isn't as passive anymore and most carries get a 10 min uncontested lane farm anyway, so near perfect CS isn't as amazing right now. I tend to be less impressed by carries this version in general, except for those old school carries with incredible pools (burning, Loda, Mushi).

Too many things to consider to say who's the actually "best" player, when you consider that a player can play many different heroes and playstiles.

Haly

ice3 is too busy microing treants to play mid.

KingKong

it really annoys me that Tobi keeps calling Abaddon LoA. Was that the accepted name? Before he was added to Dota 2 I didnt hear it much and its not even a good abbreviation like Potm

Haly

He's being a tit. No one called Abbadon "LoA" in the same one what no one called Omni "PT".

Shinypogs

Go back about a year. He was really popular. He's still pretty powerful, but after they nerfed his base attack damage he just fell out of the meta as he became a pretty weak laner.

Can you direct me to vods of good pro games with him ? I only saw the iceiceice game at Ti3 and that was enough for me to kinda fall in love with the hero but I haven't seen him used at all since then though I could have missed something.

Satch

Banned
invoker 38 base attack damage or some shit like that at the start of the game

i love you karl baby but no

just

no

Enco

Yea I think I'm done with this game for now.

Don't this fucking fury in my life.

Time to try out League.

Karakand

or go completely ham on it with full "leetspeak" or whatever with numbers and shit - that's from the same era of the internet, right?

Like this, it just leaves a bad aftertaste.

I don't really like it because I consider it uninformative, but I never really notice that it uses pwned unless I'm looking at a screenshot or spectating in-game.

I would be interested to know why they used that and the ultra kill announcer, it's not out of character for Valve, but it seems kind of lazy.

He's a soft counter to AM.

Also among them are Doom and Spirit Breaker. In case anyone was interested.

Besides that it falls more on being aggressive early and choking his space to farm. If he gets BF/Treads/Manta and you don't have at least 4-5 towers down, you're pretty much done.

Haunted

Just watching the Starladder finals, I fucking love Alliance just for that lineup. Riki, Elder Titan and Skywrath Mage. Fuck yeah.

I don't really like it because I consider it uninformative, but I never really notice that it uses pwned unless I'm looking at a screenshot or spectating in-game.

I would be interested to know why they used that and the ultra kill announcer, it's not out of character for Valve, but it seems kind of lazy.
I guess they're still holdovers from Dota 1 no one really thought about.

Or Icefrog put his foot down. :p

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ultrakill announcer is absurd and totally out of place in Dota. It totally ruins the mood when I play, so I switched to the NBA Jam announcer and never looked back.

Karakand

Ultrakill announcer is absurd and totally out of place in Dota. It totally ruins the mood when I play, so I switched to the NBA Jam announcer and never looked back.

I wonder if the orgasming Unreal Tournament ultra kill announcer is available.

M.D

Do people trade for commends or some shit? I had a game with a Lina with lots of commends, and tho they don't mean your'e a good player, it does say something, but that Lina was pretty bad..

shira

Booking January holidays. Vegas confuckingfirmed.

ikxuByjQZv6zx.png

Dat lineup

Haunted

Do people trade for commends or some shit? I had a game with a Lina with lots of commends, and tho they don't mean your'e a good player, it does say something, but that Lina was pretty bad..
There's no commendation for "good player" and for good reason. Friendly, Forgiving, Teaching, Leading. If you play well and you're a dick, you ain't getting shit. If you're bad but you're friendly, you might get one.

That said, yes, I assume there's a lot of commendation trading going on between people (I think friends can just commend each other).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom