• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

It's impressive how without any new patch since TI3, the meta has changed so much. Dark Seer/Weaver/Visage were first pick/ban material just a month ago and now they are being ignored

I wish Invoker gets back in the meta, so much fun to watch

ViviOggi

Thanks Matt

I wish Invoker gets back in the meta, so much fun to watch

I feel you, sadly it's not going to happen unless his laning phase is buffed up a little bit again. I'd almost say with the current mid meta they could even go as far as to give him his pre-nerf damage back without breaking anything.

Hung_real

IlflWQW.png

EGM is a beast

Razzer

Love these Alliance v Na'Vi games. Just on another level of excitement compared to other matchups for me.

Yep. They are so evenly matched that you often get super tense thrillers like game 2, and if it's a stomp it means either someone picked a wacky lineup (which is still fun to watch) or one team played at a skill level well beyond imagining, (like game 3). This means that it's never not entertaining.

Love these Alliance v Na'Vi games. Just on another level of excitement compared to other matchups for me.

I like how they give us nice close and intense games. Many of the matches are just one team stomping another, but these two, when matched against each other, always provide a good show.

That last game was just a comedy of errors on Navi's part. Rare instance where I would say Alliance lost the draft, but Navi really squandered that advantage with that massive, overcommitted dive on Puck that fed first blood, and the horribly failed Batrider gank on Rubick. Complete backfire after that.

aeolist

Banned
That last game was just a comedy of errors on Navi's part. Rare instance where I would say Alliance lost the draft, but Navi really squandered that advantage with that massive, overcommitted dive on Puck that fed first blood, and the horribly failed Batrider gank on Rubick. Complete backfire after that.

the ta pick was cute and dendi definitely overcommitted but i don't think they lost the draft

puck had the disadvantage but s4 has shown his ability to come back from that plenty of times and the rest of the team was doing fine

the ta pick was cute and dendi definitely overcommitted but i don't think they lost the draft

puck had the disadvantage but s4 has shown his ability to come back from that plenty of times and the rest of the team was doing fine

I'd say they 'lost' in that they were doing experimental stuff and I really don't believe Troll should be played as position 1 Carry.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How often do you guys see people actually buy poor man shield? I honestly see it like once every 10 games on a hero, most stick to just Stout shield, but I see the reddit bandwagon is now all agreeing with the guy saying its super common. Am I just blind, or is reddit just stuck in the trench?

Calidor

How often do you guys see people actually buy poor man shield? I honestly see it like once every 10 games on a hero, most stick to just Stout shield, but I see the reddit bandwagon is now all agreeing with the guy saying its super common. Am I just blind, or is reddit just stuck in the trench?

core on Bounty, yurnero and few others for me

Far too often on ranged heroes, especially luna and gyro, I think its listed in their recommended items for whatever reason. Its good against those heroes with low base damage and fast attack speeds, it kills snipers harass early on.

If I'm buying a stout shield anyway on a melee, agility hero, I almost always turn it into a PMS. If it's a strength hero (e.g. Alch), I'll do it occasionally, depending on how bad I'm being harassed.

Rarely, rarely get shields on ranged heroes though.

JustinBB7

If I have a stout shield I usually always build it into PMS, it's so cheap that it's just like.. why not. Depends on hero of course.

G.ZZZ

If I have a stout shield I usually always build it into PMS, it's so cheap that it's just like.. why not. Depends on hero of course.

On non-agi heroes, i'd never do it, and even on agi it's not a must have. It's a 300 g investment that get obsoleted pretty fast.

Gentlemen, can anyone spare a beta key for Dota 2? It seems that the well has dried up, I have an interested coworker who gets completely OCD about games, I want to lure him into the Dota abyss! Cheers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Beta keys are gone. He should just be able to play the game if he is in the US, though I am not fully sure how that launch queue works.

Randdalf

Man, with some snares on his supports Weaver is completely unstoppable in lane. I just went 17-1-11 after snowballing from early kills. Weaver + Naga + Crystal Maiden is just nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom