• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

637x358.resizedimage

Aptly named by TVdotto, Kappa
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184974209
http://youtu.be/EQAHZocLJzM

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I want Terrorblade to be the baddest badass in the dota universe he'll come in like Illidan Stormrage iwth like demon wings and horns and he'll strut and he'll be like i'm here to fuck u up and he'll have like no cd blink and 1 second cd 5 second aoe stun and 65% magic resist and he's got 65% dmg resist cuz he's the anti-life and he'll have 7 dicks so he can fuck all the bitches

-Anbokr

na bro i just wanna dagon ppl

Hylian7

So I'm going to try my hand at this. I'm going to look at all the heroes not in Dota 2 yet and tell what role (s) they are.

Phoenix - 3-5 role. Support/teamfight. His skills could be useful in a lane, particularly a trilane with a stun. There is a straight up Wombo Combo with a Naga Siren and that ultimate.

Legion Commander - 4-5 support, more in the vein of Abaddon. The ult can basically keep someone disabled and is a great banking tool if your team will back you up. I could see going Blademail for those troublesome right clickers.

Earth Spirit - mid or offlane, 2-3. He seems to be able to control his lane well as well as have good ganking potential. He also has an escape, making offlane work out.

Ember Spirit - 2, mid. Good lane control and good ganking at 6

Techies - This hero sounds broken as hell. I guess he could be a mid though. His nukes (understatement) ramp up nicely in a solo lane. 300 damage mines at level 1 is RIDICULOUS though.

Oracle - definite support, 4-5.

Pit Lord/Abyssal Underlord - 3-5. Has potential at mid, but also could excel at support in a lane. The rotation ability is like a super Io though. I can see wombo combos of this with a Centaur.

Terrorblade - 1, hard carry for sure. His strength gain doesn't look that great, so I imagine he might want a Heart.

Arc Warden - 1-2, carry. You have the right items for him and you are looking at some insane potential. He's like a super Meepo that you only have to micro 20 seconds at a time and only the main one absolutely has to live. Diffusal and Manta on this guy has serious potential.

Winter Wyvern - very much a 4-5 support.

Edit: something I didn't even think about on Arc Warden: there is practically no reason not to go Midas on him. Even if you don't get it by 7-8 minutes, it will pay for itself every time you use your ult.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I recommend hating Antimage. He's so hateable.
Is Antimage like, a player in real life or a race you can choose in-game?

Edit: something I didn't even think about on Arc Warden: there is practically no reason not to go Midas on him. Even if you don't get it by 7-8 minutes, it will pay for itself every time you use your ult.
Double Necrobook as well.

I'd probably see him more as a 2-3. I don't think he can carry ridiculously hard but he has stuff like double Necrobook which would make him an insane pusher.

Yoshichan

ElyrionX

Techies - This hero sounds broken as hell. I guess he could be a mid though. His nukes (understatement) ramp up nicely in a solo lane. 300 damage mines at level 1 is RIDICULOUS though

His mines are not exactly easy to land since they have very small aoe. Most would take a point in suicide at level 1 to try for first blood. His stun ward is ridculous though and it was always hilarious playing him against a mostly or all melee lineup lol.

sephi22

Legion Commander - 4-5 support, more in the vein of Abaddon. The ult can basically keep someone disabled and is a great banking tool if your team will back you up. I could see going Blademail for those troublesome right clickers.
His ability to jungle, need for gold and the +10 damage on his ultimate makes me think he's a jungling semi carry.
Armlet, Halberd, or AC would be amazing on him. He seems like someone who's job is to continuously gank solo supports, or to disable them in a teamfight.

EDIT: Dazzle + Legion should be the new Dazzle + Huskar

Hylian7

His ability to jungle, need for gold and the +10 damage on his ultimate makes me think he's a jungling semi carry.
Armlet, Halberd, or AC would be amazing on him. He seems like someone who's job is to continuously gank solo supports, or to disable them in a teamfight.

EDIT: Dazzle + Legion should be the new Dazzle + Huskar
He can jungle?! I guess with maxing Moment of Courage first followed by Press the Attack?

sephi22

He can jungle?! I guess with maxing Moment of Courage first followed by Press the Attack?
Yes. I've seen people take either of those two at level 1 and basically max them both by level 7.
Also, he was buffed recently giving the victor of the duel +18 damage on winning the duel.

Casting duel on 5 enemies when they are about to die when you're past level 16 gives you a whopping +90 damage.

You can also stop heroes like Weaver or Furion from going invis and escaping you as long as you get close to melee range.

His carry potential seems strong. I would get a midas on him.

I don't think support Legion can work. She has no disable outside of her ult and it only has 100 range, so she would have to get a blink to use it well. Seems like she would be able to mid maybe? She has a 100 mana nuke and a heal.

sephi22

I don't think she can mid well either. She's got no proper escape options.
I would take her jungle or offlane if we have a stronger carry in the team, or safelane if we don't.

Sibylus

Banned
I don't think she can mid well either. She's got no proper escape options.
I would take her jungle or offlane if we have a stronger carry in the team, or safelane if we don't.
The movement speed bonus from Overwhelming Odds is wickedly good, actually (9% per enemy hero, +3% per creep if you can hit creeps within the aoe).

Sibylus

Banned
Press the Attack is stupidly good in the same situation as well. Tons of HP regen and removes disables. In that respect it's much like Bloodseeker's silence as an escape.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
hyhy retired from pro gaming.

At this rate he'll probably retire from his actual career before the documentary comes out.

sephi22

Every unreleased hero with the exception of Nerif the Oracle sounds fun as fuck to play and more creative than 50% of the heroes in this game.

Legion Commander, Arc Warden and Winter Wyvern seem like they perform their roles better than many other heroes. I cannot wait for Wyvern as she seems like a support that scales to lategame with her heal and her ulti actually leading to farmed carries killing their teammates.

We've already seen it with Abaddon. He is super popular in both pro games and pubs. These other heroes seem really amazing. Hurry the fuck up Valve.

Yoshichan

Trying to keep up with the discussions here :( Using Google to help me out with pretty much everything...

Yoshichan

Aight thanks guys.

Is there an "Item Recommendation" button that I can use in the game or do I have to manually buy everything?

Sibylus

Banned
Valve has recommended items by default, but you can also load custom guides with their own (better) recommended items. All ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom