• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

GAF, does anyone have the steelseries Kana mouse? I just got it in the mail today, and I like it, but my only gripe is I want to be able to use my middle mouse button to open/close tabs like a normal mouse, does anyone know how to go about changing this?

Haunted

Nj24afX.jpg

we own3d now
Holy shit. Worst stream quality I've seen since GSL on GomTV.

Apparently the trench extends all the way to the top. I'm watching the first game on the front page right now and it has a cliff-jungling Prophet.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE

F!ReW!Re

also.. should have something to show you guys this weekend for BH. It's my best one yet, quality wise. Hope people will dig the design, I sure do. :)

Sounds good! Digged most of your earlier stuff (bought the lich set)
If this is even better, it's an insta buy from me!

Boken

Banned
Dawngate continuing to outpace Dota 2. All hail our new moba overlords.

Y4a89zPl.png

Also the last patch added /dance.

Pente is greek for 5
i defer all greek to steve from now on
but pff, lol has had /dance for ages, they also get /taunt for free
valve are srsly a money grabbing company. they'll probably make us pay for /dance as well.

that beast is hideous btw, dawngate i am disappointed. how can you go from designing coin girl to what is bascially a corehound with spikes.

Legit lets just all play WoW together we can be <DotaGaf Raiderz> with our glorious guild leader anbokr
what time do you guys raid
pls convert to australian time for me (+10 gmt)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why are we comparing the pace of Dawngate to Dota? Isn't Dawngate in its first few months of beta? I've been watching old ca. 2011/2012 Dota vids and the roster and UI was a shit show compared to what it is now. I'm ok with refinement over a breakneck race for parity and completeness, and I still can never tell if the Dota community freaking out over a few months of stagnation is ironic or earnest.

Sure it would be nice if Valve finally squeezed out the last few heroes to the roster but we're not even capable of getting cosmetics on a handful of the existing heroes. Also there's a lot of in-game features the game sorely needs, like a way to browse peoples' armory to trade and maybe some marketplace integration with some basic search filters like they have at Dota 2 Lounge.

Razzer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAptkcZMLp0&feature=youtu.be

Ignore if repost...but now I've seen everything...Den'di has groupies..

wth at the music. Why is it so serious lol.

Edit: With regards to the updating thing, we know now about the employee listings showing most of the team has moved over to push Left for Dead 3 out of the door. However, unlike Dota once that game is out the door it does not need a huge team to keep it going, as DLC is expected far less frequently. Because of this I expect the way things will work from now on is that Dota will get all the employees whenever there are no big releases coming soon that need to be finished. Between the release of LFD3 and when they start going big on HL3 which will presumably be the next big release, they will work on Dota and the pace and quality of updates will go up again, probably for about six months or so before dying down again.Then the cycle will repeat. That is my take on the situation anyway.

Is Phantom Lancer not an issue anymore?

Back when I played Doto regularly everyone would constantly bitch about how broken PL was. Now I never hear anything about him. Did he get nerfed?

Boken

Banned
Why are we comparing the pace of Dawngate to Dota? Isn't Dawngate in its first few months of beta? I've been watching old ca. 2011/2012 Dota vids and the roster and UI was a shit show compared to what it is now. I'm ok with refinement over a breakneck race for parity and completeness, and I still can never tell if the Dota community freaking out over a few months of stagnation is ironic or earnest.

Sure it would be nice if Valve finally squeezed out the last few heroes to the roster but we're not even capable of getting cosmetics on a handful of the existing heroes. Also there's a lot of in-game features the game sorely needs, like a way to browse peoples' armory to trade and maybe some marketplace integration with some basic search filters like they have at Dota 2 Lounge.
Wow look at this dota fanboy
ANBOKR ANBOKR ANBOKR ANBOKR???
Answer my question godammit

Razzer

Back when I played Doto regularly everyone would constantly bitch about how broken PL was. Now I never hear anything about him. Did he get nerfed?

He got a tap on the wrist a while back but nothing super big. He was just never that bad. He gets picked less now I notice so people moved on to new things to bitch about.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wow look at this dota fanboy

Sorry? Maybe it's different for people who have been playing Dota or even MOBAs since the WC3 days, but my first experience with them started in July when this went public. I have been playing damn near daily and I haven't run out of fun to be had with what's currently available so I don't feel the need to boohoo over there not being a new hero in every patch.

A very tiny nerf, but people know how to play against him now. Lot's of new characters might not necessarily be OP. They might not have a known counter.

Boken

Banned
iunno its like america time so not aussie time
What is raid time in America time then
Sorry? Maybe it's different for people who have been playing Dota or even MOBAs since the WC3 days, but my first experience with them started in July when this went public. I have been playing damn near daily and I haven't run out of fun to be had with what's currently available so I don't feel the need to boohoo over there not being a new hero in every patch.
I've been playing since SA had death ward so I dunno what you're talking abouy

I'd imagine that people who used to play dota 1 have even more reason to care about parity since the heroes they know and love might not be in or the meta game is all wrong

I mean where's terrorblade?

Randdalf

Dammit, just had a game where we were so close to getting an amazing comeback from two raxes down, but just fluffed it by being initiated on out of position.

Karakand

Stealth "I have The Technomancer on ignore" post.

Sibylus

Banned
Mid 2014 is also my guess. Can't wait to get my hands on all those mod tools and whatnot, have a bunch of hero designs I've kept close to my chest for years.

sorry youre mad that dawngate is better

Hylian7

I watched a video of Kaolin, the Earth Spirit. That hero sounds awesome. I have no idea how it would fare in today's meta, but at the very least he could be a fun pub hero like Tusk.

Boken

Banned
I watched a video of Kaolin, the Earth Spirit. That hero sounds awesome. I have no idea how it would fare in today's meta, but at the very least he could be a fun pub hero like Tusk.
Why don't you just play league of Legends then

Low Tier
I want Terrorblade to be the baddest badass in the dota universe he'll come in like Illidan Stormrage iwth like demon wings and horns and he'll strut and he'll be like i'm here to fuck u up and he'll have like no cd blink and 1 second cd 5 second aoe stun and 65% magic resist and he's got 65% dmg resist cuz he's the anti-life and he'll have 7 dicks so he can fuck all the bitches

-Anbokr

Anteo

I want Terrorblade to be the baddest badass in the dota universe he'll come in like Illidan Stormrage iwth like demon wings and horns and he'll strut and he'll be like i'm here to fuck u up and he'll have like no cd blink and 1 second cd 5 second aoe stun and 65% magic resist and he's got 65% dmg resist cuz he's the anti-life and he'll have 7 dicks so he can fuck all the bitches

-Anbokr

He is a bunny now. A cute fluffly one.

Hylian7

Spirit Breaker is the new hotness.
This, but he is also beatable and have done so plenty of times. Same for Tree.

I remembered a funny moment in a match I had yesterday. I was Lone Druid with an early Orb of Venom, There was an Invoker, Dazzle, and someone else that came to gank me as I was bullying the Invoker down to death. He got Shallow Graved at 1HP, but I kept hitting him because I knew I was dead in this situation. I died, Shallow Grave ended, and I watched that OoV debuff on Invoker. With a fraction of OoV time left, the Grave ended, and killed him.

This, but he is also beatable and have done so plenty of times. Same for Tree.

I remembered a funny moment in a match I had yesterday. I was Lone Druid with an early Orb of Venom, There was an Invoker, Dazzle, and someone else that came to gank me as I was bullying the Invoker down to death. He got Shallow Graved at 1HP, but I kept hitting him because I knew I was dead in this situation. I died, Shallow Grave ended, and I watched that OoV debuff on Invoker. With a fraction of OoV time left, the Grave ended, and killed him.
OoV dot is non lethal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom