• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKAllDay

You reminded me they got a new hero today!

Dawngate is the best.

Salous the Pentinent

"Passive

Salous can use his abilities freely."

Does that mean his abilities have no mana cost? How is that a passive and not something you would just assign to the individual skills? Seems like some lazy hero/champ/whatever design.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Hearthstone did more for Halloween than Dota 2

BX7FuD4CcAAFyew.jpg

They didn't actually add this card to the game, but they created art for it - which is still more than Dota 2.

Calidor

Techies/Terrorblade are going to be hilarious... prepare to watch all failed sunders / suicides in the fails of the week videocast

Dahbomb

I just tried 6.79 Axe.

I don't know how good he is (nor do I care because he's Axe) but god damn if you make Bloodstone and Scepter on him you become the DUNK GOD!

You kinda need both though if you want to go for a Dunk heavy game. Bloodstone instead of Vanguard or any other tanky item to keep your mana and health up while Scepter so that you can get the high threshold to kill. Otherwise the ulti has too low of a threshold to make impact in team fights. At 625 you can definitely get some chain deaths going on in a team fight.

MKAllDay

I feel like heroes that are not enabled in CM should still be in CD. It is not a tournament game mode so it should be fair game.

Ketch

I just tried 6.79 Axe.

I don't know how good he is (nor do I care because he's Axe) but god damn if you make Bloodstone and Scepter on him you become the DUNK GOD!

You kinda need both though if you want to go for a Dunk heavy game. Bloodstone instead of Vanguard or any other tanky item to keep your mana and health up while Scepter so that you can get the high threshold to kill. Otherwise the ulti has too low of a threshold to make impact in team fights. At 625 you can definitely get some chain deaths going on in a team fight.

yea, this is what I'm saying! Bloodstone, aghs, linkens, blade mail (thorn mail, whatever the f it's called).

MKAllDay

Are they really not in CD? Never looked that close.

Brood and Slark are not. They of course were before 6.79 but were removed from CD when they were removed from CM.

I guess it could be the way Valve implemented it and CD just draws from the same pool as CM with the CD restrictions added?

Dahbomb

yea, this is what I'm saying! Bloodstone, aghs, linkens, blade mail (thorn mail, whatever the f it's called).
No need for Linkens, would rather get Blink.

A lot of theory crafters have told me that Blade Mail on Axe is a bad idea and it's counter intuitive to how the hero works. In real matches though it works out well for me so I occasionally make it against glass cannon heroes.

Anteo

No need for Linkens, would rather get Blink.

A lot of theory crafters have told me that Blade Mail on Axe is a bad idea and it's counter intuitive to how the hero works. In real matches though it works out well for me so I occasionally make it against glass cannon heroes.

+40 armor = more than 70% damage reduction.
Then that damage is sent back as magic damage that gets reduced by the heroes natural resistance of 25% for most, if not outright blocked by PipeBuff/BKB

I dont think is worth unless you are targeting the hard carry. And even then you are going to use the taunt when the carry has used bkb, to waste some of his precious time.

So this whole time I've been writing down lists of heroes I enjoyed playing, to remind myself when it comes to RD or SD that I should pick so-and-so if given the choice because I had fun with that hero. My list got too big though so today I decided that a better idea would be to make a hero shit list, to remind me which heroes I didn't enjoy playing. Here's my Dota 2 Shit List so far:

STR
Alchemist
Axe
Beastmaster
Brewmaster
Doom
Huskar
Io
Night Stalker
Sand King
Skeleton King
Timbersaw
Tusk

AGI
Anti-Mage
Bloodseeker
Drow Ranger
Lone Druid
Meepo
Phantom Lancer
Razor

INT
Batrider
Chen
Invoker
Pugna
QoP of Pain
Storm Spirit
Visage
Witch Doctor

Some of those could change, but for one reason or another I didn't have a good time with those heroes.

Yes I am bored as fuck

*reinstalls SMITE*

SMITE is awesome
in small doses.

So this whole time I've been writing down lists of heroes I enjoyed playing, to remind myself when it comes to RD or SD that I should pick so-and-so if given the choice because I had fun with that hero. My list got too big though so today I decided that a better idea would be to make a hero shit list, to remind me which heroes I didn't enjoy playing. Here's my Dota 2 Shit List so far:

STR
Alchemist
Axe
Beastmaster
Brewmaster
Doom
Huskar
Io
Night Stalker
Sand King

Skeleton King
Timbersaw
Tusk

AGI
Anti-Mage
Bloodseeker
Drow Ranger
Lone Druid
Meepo
Phantom Lancer
Razor

INT
Batrider
Chen
Invoker
Pugna
QoP of Pain
Storm Spirit
Visage
Witch Doctor

Some of those could change, but for one reason or another I didn't have a good time with those heroes.

Yes I am bored as fuck

SMITE is awesome
in small doses.
git gud m8

those heroes are awesome

git gud m8

those heroes are awesome

Sand King is one of the few heroes on that list I might be willing to reconsider.

I didn't like Night Stalker when I played him. I feel like if you fuck up early (which I did) he becomes useless in the mid/late game. That's too much pressure for me.

I've got nothing against Beastmaster, Razor, and Pugna, but they just didn't feel satisfying to play. Guess they're not my style.

Timbersaw annoyed me because I was so damn mana starved for most of the game. I hate that feeling.

How you gonna hate on Meepo man

Nothing against him, just way too difficult for me to play. Kinda like Invoker. I really like Invoker but I just don't play enough Dota to pull him off.

Tobe

just tried the bloodstone aghs on axe, you have a really slow start and you really need those early kills. if not you are fucked. then again if you make it goddamn charles barkley aint got shit on you

Karakand

Nothing against him, just way too difficult for me to play. Kinda like Invoker. I really like Invoker but I just don't play enough Dota to pull him off.

Play a lobby match and pick Meepo after someone on the other team has picked Meepo.

Eziest game of your life, I guarantee it.

Dahbomb

just tried the bloodstone aghs on axe, you have a really slow start and you really need those early kills. if not you are fucked. then again if you make it goddamn charles barkley aint got shit on you
I go for classical double shield one salve Axe jungle start. I make straight Ring of Health then I make Arcane Boots to help me spam Battle Hunger, get a few kills. I then convert Boots and the Ring to Bloodstone. After that I either go Blink or Scepter.

Also I get only one point in Hunger and max Counter Helix if I want to farm fast. The new buff to that is really noticeable. Battle Hunger max first is still good if you plan to br active in jungles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom