• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Remember last year everyone freaked out because Diretide didn't go live until the day before Halloween? Seems funny now

October 25, 2013 Dota 2 is now available for Korea!
July 18, 2013 Dota 2 is now available on Mac and Linux!
July 13, 2013 You cannot escape from Abaddon icon.png Abaddon, the lord of Avernus!
July 9, 2013 The Dota 2 Beta Is Over.
May 2, 2013 The Elder Titan icon.png Elder Titan returns to the world he shattered!
April 19, 2013 Skywrath Mage icon.png Skywrath Mage spreads his wings!
March 28, 2013 Better watch your back, because Bristleback Bristleback is back!
February 28, 2013 Begin your Dota 2 journey with the implementation of the first of many Tutorials!
February 21, 2013 Find out what a hero truly needs with the new Hero Builds function!
February 14, 2013 Turning down the temperature, Tusk Tusk is going to knock you out!
February 7, 2013 Long awaited Team Matchmaking feature sees its arrival alongside big bug fixes!

Always remember, July 13 2013, the day this game died.

Game is getting dedder by the second. Fun cancelled.

I will just have to turn out the lights tonight and put a sign up for trick-or-treaters explaining how Valve stole Halloween. No candy for anybody.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
It'd be one thing if this was Dota's first Halloween but they literally have all the art assets already - how can they not at least put Roshan in a costume and switch over to the spooky Diretide map?

I just came home and turned on my PC.

I went to check the gaming forum meanwhile Steam loads.

Then I see it downloading something, I got exited and when I see, it is a patch for Killing Floor.

I feel trolled by Valve :(

traveler

Not Wario
Well, if we get to Christmas and they actually feel the urge to give us an event, I'd rather have a late Diretide than the Greeviling again. Diretide was actually fun.

Yeah.. this sucks. I wasn't around for the original event, and I was hyped for getting to experience it. Guess not :/

Same. I actually never even heard of the term moba until I started to play Dota 2 for the first time during the Greeviling. Me and two other friends actually tried it out cause of the special event. Without all the pressure of people getting pissy since it was just a silly event game, we got to learn a bit about each character before we moved up to the regular mode.

We were excited about getting to play Diretide this year, enjoy a new mode.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Hasn't been a Valve employee on the dev forums in hours, so either:

a.) They are busy working their asses off

or

b.) They all went home to take their kids trick or treating

q :ɹǝʍsu∀

Right now it's just before 4PM in Seattle. If it's not out within 2 hours by 6PM PDT, it's not happening.

Still would be odd that both TF2 and CS:GO get Halloween updates while their most popular game by far gets left in the dust. There's not really much point if they can't get it released tonight.

Though this just means I expect 3 heroes and Holdout next week.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
All they had to say was that it wasn't happening. Instead they have Cyborgmatt give a couple of cryptic statements and a picture of three musketeers.

The problem with Valve's 'no manager' corporation is that no one considers it part of their job to inform the public of anything.

All they had to say was that it wasn't happening. Instead they have Cyborgmatt give a couple of cryptic statements and a picture of three musketeers.

The problem with Valve's 'no manager' corporation is that no one considers it part of their job to inform the public of anything.

Yup, they really should have a PR department or something, or community managers, that take care of this stuff or at least are always taking questions/giving answers.

I'd gladly do it and all they would have to do is pay me with hats!

KevinRo

Right now it's just before 4PM in Seattle. If it's not out within 2 hours by 6PM PDT, it's not happening.

Still would be odd that both TF2 and CS:GO get Halloween updates while their most popular game by far gets left in the dust. There's not really much point if they can't get it released tonight.

Though this just means I expect 3 heroes and Holdout next week.

It's not going to happen. The recent patches haven't added anything new regarding Holdout either so I doubt that will be happening anytime soon. Last year you could see the incremental increase in Diretide objects being added in patches. This year, none.

Deadstar

Is this one of the biggest disappoints from Valve in the last few years? Typically they don't say anything about their plans so no one gets riled up however the annual TF2 Halloween events and last year's diretide made a lot of people assume it would be coming this year. I can't think of a time when Valve's customers have been this disappointed. (Other than Half Life 3, which we know is coming sometime within the next 20 years)

Yeah.. this sucks. I wasn't around for the original event, and I was hyped for getting to experience it. Guess not :/

I never felt more alive than when I played last years Diretide. It was truly sight to behold.

Boken

Banned
Valve should give up and hire Riot for community management and marketing

Old company being bested by a start up

GG

so what was the point of the three musketeer thing, cyborg a fan of the candy bar?

The alpha textured heroes aren't helping either, if anything that tells me they won't be out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom