• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

Guys, the real problem is that 5 kills never were a rampage in Unreal Tournament.

pls fix

Stealth "My play was never termed 'godlike'." post.
jpD0NC3.png

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Caught up with those Alliance v. Navi games from earlier today. Sneaking in TA for game 3 was cute, but wow, what a beatdown.

Kard8p3

GAF I have a DOTA problem.

I got $4,061 as a refund from my school and I've probably put like 400 dollars into steam store...

:( this addiction is real.

whenever game pop goes below 200,000, this game's mm turns to pure shit :(.

I think I had someone say LD wasn't a carry when I told him that this team has too many carries, and just now my team fed rikimaru...

Hylian7

whenever game pop goes below 200,000, this game's mm turns to pure shit :(.

I think I had someone say LD wasn't a carry when I told him that this team has too many carries, and just now my team fed rikimaru...
I wouldn't say he is a straight up 1-carry, but he is no support unless you are doing something ridiculous like ambulance bear (Soul Ring, Mek, Pipe, maybe Urn)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Phoenix, Earth Spirit, and ice dragon seem really neat.
GAF I have a DOTA problem.

I got $4,061 as a refund from my school and I've probably put like 400 dollars into steam store...

:( this addiction is real.
Give me money and I'll buy you doto items

sephi22

Why isn't Visage picked in pubs? And looking for Visage tips.
I want to put time into this hero till they put WW in the game.

He looks baller as fuck and kill secures like a mofo.

NBtoaster

With Visage I think I can use the birds fine, but then you're also supposed to be spamming your nuke, slowing, using mek, medalion, wand etc. Too many buttons.

Tagyhag

2 matches, 2 big comebacks. My favorite type of games. They really make you want to keep on playing. Until you lose the next match horribly of course.

Sibylus

Banned
Means they're balanced between all aspects or something?

-Or maybe the graph distorts when they go through the players.

Lotto

I cant understand that graph, does that mean good at everything or bad at everything

The team before them had a bigger pentagon so I'm guessing it means they're mediocre at everything.

Edit: and so far it seems like that pentagon's right.

Duesy

The team before them had a bigger pentagon so I'm guessing it means they're mediocre at everything.

Edit: and so far it seems like that pentagon's right.

Bigger pentagon or closer to the points on the edges means they are stronger in those points.

Why does this game's matchmaking suck so much? Every single game I play is a laughable curbstomp where one team is a bunch of noobs (myself included) and the other team just rolls a fucking 38-14 train over them

GorillaJu

Holy shit this thread title. Amazing

Just popped in to say bounchfx your Bara set is tops. Hope it does well for you, I love that mask, reminds me of Bishamon from Vampire Savior, but now that I look at Bishamon art, it's actually completely different. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ketch

played drow for the first time in a shitty pub game

went 9/0, 200+ cs, 650 gpm...

skipped shadow blade because the other team was pretty much confined to their base after the 10 minute mark, and then I just farmed for most of the time... I probably should have showed to more team fights but they didn't really need me, I think the final score was something like 50 to 17.

But, it was fun shooting people with manta/deadulus.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Amazing title
played drow for the first time in a shitty pub game

went 9/0, 200+ cs, 650 gpm...

skipped shadow blade because the other team was pretty much confined to their base after the 10 minute mark, and then I just farmed for most of the time... I probably should have showed to more team fights but they didn't really need me, I think the final score was something like 50 to 17.

But, it was fun shooting people with manta/deadulus.
Yeah SB, Weaver, and me (Centaur) pretty much confirmed every single gank attempt.

I killed QoP in mid solo which I was really happy about. She blinked then turned to AA me. GET WRECKED BY RETURN.
DnMYgoZ.png

sephi22

Oh man. I just realised who that was in your avatar.

I don't follow the FGC much but what a dumbshit.
Yeah. He ruined Mahvel for me by being a whiny bitch outside the game.
It was sweet being in the EVO crowd, watching him lose and cheering on J. Wong.

Hylian7

I don't play Visage often, but when I do I usually do really well. Basically, the idea is to watch the cell phone bars build up, and if they do, you need to immediately Soul Assumption someone and keep spamming it. The slow is also great, don't underestimate it.

Then things get sightly more complicated with the Familiars. Don't panic: it's much easier that Meepo, Lone Druid, and even Brewmaster. The main reason is because they fly. Have them on a seperate control group, and get in the habit of moving them as well as Visage. With the Familiars though, you don't have to worry about their pathing around trees and such, so make longer movements if you are getting them to a fight.

During fights, hide them somewhere close by out of your opponent's vision. Usually putting them in the middle of treelines is best. Have them in positions to cut off escapes with a stone form.

There is a whole lot more you can do with them too, so that is just the basics. It's really satisfying to successfully cut off the enemy's exit with a well placed Familiar stun.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Ultrakill announcer is absurd and totally out of place in Dota. It totally ruins the mood when I play, so I switched to the NBA Jam announcer and never looked back.

Fuck that, the unreal announcing is dota core. If you guys don't like pwned you can pretend it says pawned like it used to in the land before time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Slow is top tier. Visage is a solo 1v1 beast. Steals your AS/Movement, uses amulet, fires some souls and familiars start pewpewing you for 400 damage?
gg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Visage is one of those heroes I really wanna learn, I feel like he'd be a support I'd enjoy a ton. I just need to sit down with him sometime and practice, even if against bots. My micro skills are so trash though lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
T is a great key, I'm generally putting my main active item on there.
The other problem is I'd like to remap my items. Z,X,C are all nice, but as soon as something falls over to V,B,N I'm like ehhhhhhhhhhh. Not a fan of modifiers either. Wat do.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
WASD camera is probably your problem, boss man. My item keys are alt-QWEAS and the space bar for a quick item. Leaves plenty of room for my control groups on the numbers and tab is like it should be.

I guess whatever works for you is best, but about 3 or 4 matches into Dota I realized I was going to have to get over my old habit of using keyboard scrolling in RTS games so I vowed to do it. The transition period was MUCH shorter than I anticipated and now I can't imagine going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom