• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering whether to buy Aghs on the World's Dumbest Axe Build (Blink/Bloodstone).

It does cover for some mistakes and I do get a bit of a nuke out of it but it's still 4200 gold.

I'm still wondering whether to buy Aghs on the World's Dumbest Axe Build (Blink/Bloodstone).

It does cover for some mistakes and I do get a bit of a nuke out of it but it's still 4200 gold.

That's not the world's dumbest Axe build.

The dumbest Axe build is Quelling Blade/Ogre Club/Reaver/Battlefury/Manta Style/Mjollnir

shira

spirit_secret.jpg

n6xBayx.png

I'm hot on the trail guys

Maybe is is the weta items?
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif

i4SmbXMvKNxe6.png

ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif
ibtQxXCHdwb6ko.gif

Ok time for bed.

JambiBum

Something I really can't stand. When me or someone else is offlane against their carry and there are absolutely no ganks against their carry. He just gets to sit there and free farm all day. Then the loss gets blamed on the offlane player. Drives me crazy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have to say, I really do like picking up a Midas on a support if you think the game will drag on long, though its hard to say if the extra item you could instead have would allow an early base break or not. The biggest issue with Support Midas is that normally 4/6 slots on a support are already filled (Boots, TP, Wards/smoke, Invis Detection), and locking 1 more down for a Midas can make it really hard to hold onto something else that would be useful. I think you are more or less forced into getting early BoTs with it, or hoping someone else can lug around wards/detection.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You finally got your skill shot stun Boken.

This is all because of you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just had a 55 minute Throne race where the log reported we lost our Ancient but the score screen gave us the win. So fucking close. So epic. Holy shit.

GorillaJu

Think I've seen the Medusa light, guys. What a hero.

Dusa is seriously not bad at all. I've got a relatively high win rate with her, going with pretty much the same build every time - Midas, HOTD, Butterfly, Skadi. It's a greedy build but with her ult as strong as it is youre kind of safe from ganks, and you should be able to get bfly by 18-20 mins if you stack ancients. Once you have Bfly getting the Skadi is a breeze, especially because Medusa is the kind of hero where pure stats help quite a bit since she needs all of the primary stats.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
So I finally tried this game, completed the first tutorial, started the second but didn't complete it because I was bored out of my mind. I don't know, may be the game opens up a bit but moment-to-moment gameplay is incredibly dull to me. I just dispatch mobs of enemies (well, it's not even me, the hero manages fine on his own) and there are like 2 active abilities and 2 passive abilities. I was ready to become addicted but for now it's the most boring game I tried In the past two years or so. Should I persist? Will it change for the better?

ViviOggi

So I finally tried this game, completed the first tutorial, started the second but didn't complete it because I was bored out of my mind. I don't know, may be the game opens up a bit but moment-to-moment gameplay is incredibly dull to me. I just dispatch mobs of enemies (well, it's not even me, the hero manages fine on his own) and there are like 2 active abilities and 2 passive abilities. I was ready to become addicted but for now it's the most boring game I tried In the past two years or so. Should I persist? Will it change for the better?
Nah, we're just in it for the hats.

G.ZZZ

Quit while you still can you fool. Don't let your life be ruined by this game like everyone else in this topic.

5000 hours and counting ;_;

Haunted

The first tutorials with Dragon Knight and Sniper are really just for teaching you the mechanics and are not really indicative of a typical Dota 2 game at all. The excitement doesn't come from following Valve's little scripted narrative or hitting creeps, it comes from clashing with other heroes (humans) that have similarly powerful skills to your own and outmanoeuvring each other.

I'd say stick with it until you at least reach the bot matches (the fourth or fifth tutorial level I think), so you can experience what it's like to play against other heroes and get a better feel for what the pacing and the dynamics of a Dota 2 match are really like. If you're really just about to uninstall the game, take the plunge and try at least one real match (even if you'll be unprepared) against other players.

If it's still too boring to you after that, feel free to stop playing. :D

Red UFO

I'm gonna try and stream 25 hours of straight Dota 2 for this extra life thing. 3 hours in already! Raised $52 so far! I'm not a pro or anything so if you watch keep your expectations to a bare minimum! twitch.tv/lstockley

ViviOggi

I'm gonna try and stream 25 hours of straight Dota 2 for this extra life thing. 3 hours in already! Raised $52 so far! I'm not a pro or anything so if you watch keep your expectations to a bare minimum! twitch.tv/lstockley

25 hours of pubs? How's your insurance?

Well, I never enjoyed a game for the tutorial. It is a multiplayer game, make up your mind after you have played a few online matches, tutorials are dull.

Or run while you still can.

Nirvana

This whole secret image thing reminds me of the Halo 3 Recon Armour days, where Bungie gave 'clues' to disgruntled fans who searched for months and months only to discover it was a massive troll.

All in the name of hats. The horror, the horror.

eznark

Banned

Have you seen the user reviews on meta critic?

Worst game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom