• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS MOODY
tumblr_mfjc9fVGUe1r92x6io1_500.gif

i'm sure you can make this gif fit this situation somehow.

Sibylus

Banned
played drow for the first time in a shitty pub game

went 9/0, 200+ cs, 650 gpm...

skipped shadow blade because the other team was pretty much confined to their base after the 10 minute mark, and then I just farmed for most of the time... I probably should have showed to more team fights but they didn't really need me, I think the final score was something like 50 to 17.

But, it was fun shooting people with manta/deadulus.
Half the fun of NewDrow is mailing pushpants to your ally heroes across the map whilst playing PvE.

M.D

Played Chen for the first time.. I was like "fuck this" and wanted to repick, but somehow I did end up picking him

It wasn't so bad honestly, but that's just because I didn't have to deal with people blocking camps or coming to kill me in the jungle, so I had a good start and somehow got a couple of kills

The hardest part is to learn where to position yourself and your creeps during the fights.. sometimes I wanted to send my creeps in but ended up going with them and found myself in the middle of the fight >.>

It also sucks that you have to reselect the command groups every time you get a new creep.. is there any way to to set it so that it remembers the command groups? with something like PL for example if I set the illusions to 2, it will remember and control them when there's new illusions as well

Also, what items should you get on him? Got the normal stuff like Arcane boots, Mek and Force staff

At some point I noticed I was sitting on like 5k gold so I got a aghs scepter

Sibylus

Banned
All of those items are fine on Chen, though in rough games you'll probably skip stuff like the Force Staff and Aghs.

Smithy C

Just got a new gaming mouse, first time having a mouse with more than 3 buttons. How do I go about changing some keys to the mouse buttons? Like, I want ability 1, 2, 3 on the thumb buttons, but when I try to do that on the in-game control panel, it doesn't seem to register them.

Edit: nvm, got it!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
WASD camera is probably your problem, boss man. My item keys are alt-QWEAS and the space bar for a quick item. Leaves plenty of room for my control groups on the numbers and tab is like it should be.

I guess whatever works for you is best, but about 3 or 4 matches into Dota I realized I was going to have to get over my old habit of using keyboard scrolling in RTS games so I vowed to do it. The transition period was MUCH shorter than I anticipated and now I can't imagine going back.

hazaro uses WASD camera

no wonder you quit sc2
Ehhhhhhh. I deliberately swapped to learn WASD so I could have more map awareness and keep my mouse where I wanted it :(

See, that's the kind of shit that deserves to make it into chests, not that terribly textured Kunkka sword from the Polycount chest or yet another nondescript PL spear and Necro Staff.

So I was checking some things for other reasons and um, Astral Spirit works on tombstone zombies.

...yeah. GG free rapier that fight if the zombie house gets planted.

Also - Luna isn't in the importer at all anymore (when it was previously, even though the model wasn't released) so that probably helps to explain why stuff isn't being implemented for her. Especially given the whole situation with that new mount being in the files for like a day on test and then being removed.

So you know what's hilarious?

Dagon doesn't break sel invis on Tree

I think all items don't? Pretty funny that you can lazor someone from invis though.

Hylian7

So I was checking some things for other reasons and um, Astral Spirit works on tombstone zombies.

...yeah. GG free rapier that fight if the zombie house gets planted.
That makes me wonder, does it work on a stolen Astral Spirit by Rubick?

Also, Boots of Travel work on Astral Spirit. I accidentally did it once and died because of it. The same match later I used it to my advantage.

That makes me wonder, does it work on a stolen Astral Spirit by Rubick?

Also, Boots of Travel work on Astral Spirit. I accidentally did it once and died because of it. The same match later I used it to my advantage.

Yes, if Rubick steals the spirit, it will work on zombies as well. If you meant the spirits triggering each other - they don't - counting neither as a unit or a hero.

For some odd reason though, Rubick has one button for casting the spirit and a separate for recall, whereas ET just has the one hotkey for both, returning on the second click.

Internets

How accurate/up-to-date is this image? I tried pulling the Radiant side, midlane creeps, but it doesn't seem to work. I also tried the Dire side, toplane easycamp creeps, but that doesn't work either. Is there something I'm missing?

How accurate/up-to-date is this image? I tried pulling the Radiant side, midlane creeps, but it doesn't seem to work. I also tried the Dire side, toplane easycamp creeps, but that doesn't work either. Is there something I'm missing?

The Dire easy camp and hard camp (the two right most camps) can no longer be pulled. The traditional pull camp (on both sides) is now a little more tight in its timing. It used to be that you could pull anytime between 14 and 18, now it's more like 14-17 or 14-16, otherwise you won't get the whole creep wave. Mid pulling on Radiant side I think still works, but it's really hard now. The pull from the hard camp on Radiant side was also removed I think, at least I haven't seen it for a long time.

edit: something this picture is missing, on Dire side you can "pull through" from the pull camp to the hard camp (like on Radiant side with the medium camp above the pull camp and the hard camp top left of it). The timing is a little tricky, as you need to pull the creeps from the hard camp just as the medium creeps are dying, but it will deny the whole creep wave and give you more experience.

Zeth

I want to start buying more in-game tickets, but I'm new and I don't know which ones are "big". It seems I missed out on most of Star Ladder, but I don't want to make that mistake again. Any suggestions for upcoming tournaments? I usually just watch whatever is popular on Twitch on my second monitor, but I want to upgrade.

Lotto

I want to start buying more in-game tickets, but I'm new and I don't know which ones are "big". It seems I missed out on most of Star Ladder, but I don't want to make that mistake again. Any suggestions for upcoming tournaments? I usually just watch whatever is popular on Twitch on my second monitor, but I want to upgrade.

MLG Columbus and D2L Season 4 look to be pretty big in terms of just good teams participating. I don't think there are tickets up on the dota store just yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom