• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

1383998_173986446139665_996649576_n.jpg

Ok whosever is going to MLG Columbus. I want one of these. Anyprice

I'm not going to leave, I'm just having a pretty shit day.
Good.

Received a phone call earlier today on my personal phone number with some idiot threatening to "visit my home" and now we have some more idiots who think it's a great idea to post my number on websites.

This community is really bloody pathetic.
I wouldn't consider those types people of any community. They're the same weirdos who frequent 4Chan and other rectum-of-the-internet sites and do this shit to feel better about their entirely pathetic daily lives. They wish they could be Cyborgmatt for a day, real talk.

In short: Sociopaths gonna be sociopathic. Don't let them ruin your day, fun, or experience.

Does Valve have an official facebook page? It would be good for someone...anyone that can act in an official capacity and under the title of Valve...to say something official. If for no other reason to take this heat off of you which you shouldn't be bearing in the first fucking place. All I see is you being left blowing in the fucking wind.

eznark

Banned

Received a phone call earlier today on my personal phone number with some idiot threatening to "visit my home" and now we have some more idiots who think it's a great idea to post my number on websites.

Call them back and when their mother answers the phone tell her what her teen is up to.

ViviOggi

Wow now that is ridiculously out of line, you don't deserve any of this shit. Hang in there Matt.

Nokterian

Jezus christ i am baffled that is happening. It happend also to David von den Haar from Treyarch. What a horrible community i am disgusted the way there doing. Stay safe matt and call the cops to take those idiots down.

Wok

Could someone explain to me who you are? So far, I have thought you were just one guy making skins, etc. for Dota 2 on the Steam workshop. Are you somewhat involved with the development of the game? Why would people try to threaten you?

Could someone explain to me who you are? So far, I have thought you were just one guy making skins, etc. for Dota 2 on the Steam workshop. Are you somewhat involved with the development of the game? Why would people try to threaten you?
http://www.cyborgmatt.com

Runs the definitive patch-analysis blog for Dota2 and works for (or at least very closely with) Valve. He was certainly working for Valve at TI3 running the whole digital autograph system.

And at the moment, the only consistent face that has been made available for any information regarding Dota2.

Sibylus

Banned
Diffs patches and formats them into nice breakdown posts on his blog, complete with big pictures. Some segment of the community evidently believes that a nice little thing like that is incomplete without incessant bitching and now, harassment.

Nokterian

Man, people threatening him on facebook and spamming it with give diretide. I am dissapointed by all of those pathetic people who think that they own something.

F!ReW!Re

Jeez people are losing their freaking minds over this diretide thing.
Read Matt's post on the last page... WTF

Come on people, chill out, it's still just a game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jeez people are losing their freaking minds over this diretide thing.
Read Matt's post on the last page... WTF

Come on people, chill out, it's still just a game.

No one here is harassing Matt except for one junior and Milk

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
༼ つ ; _ ; ༽つ Don't leave Matt.

Dota2Lounge's bots are down, so I'm didn't get to put in a bet for NEL. Oh well, maybe I can bet against Arteezy later tonight.

TUSR

Banned

wow, are you fucking kidding me?

Guys, help me. Since the last patch I get like ultra Lags sometimes when a team fight starts. I get like 10000 ms (thats what -ping command says) and it is unplayable for like 1-2 minutes. It is just since yesterday that this happens, what is wrong with my Doto? :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, help me. Since the last patch I get like ultra Lags sometimes when a team fight starts. I get like 10000 ms (thats what -ping command says) and it is unplayable for like 1-2 minutes. It is just since yesterday that this happens, what is wrong with my Doto? :(

Maybe your internet has just decided to become crappy. Have you tried ticking the network quality option to "Low".

I'm sad they took Support King's Mortal Strike Active away, that thing was great.

iloled

Banned
wow, are you fucking kidding me?

If you thought internet was serious business, you have yet to play real dota. It gets way more serious than that.

I have witness fights in lan shops over dota. Previously (5.84c era), people would post their numbers/a place to meet in the chat and challenge other players to call them/meet them( just saying what I saw and no, I did not try calling the numbers).

I personally have never called one myself because it sounds batshit retarded.

hamchan

Wow, pretty rough man.
It kinda sucks for you that Valve are so silent making you the lighting rod for the retarded hate this community spews.

Sibylus

Banned
No diretime for tears, only dreams now.

But seriously, expect nada except balance and heroes, and many moons from now, custom games and a hammer config for mappers. Anything else = gravy.

BeesEight

There is a midtier gaf tournament going on. Signups are here, but we really need more players to form teams. Take a look through the spreadsheet, have a chat with those who aren't in a team or don't have a full team yet.

Oh, neat! Can anyone add themselves to the list or do you need to contact someone to get considered? I'm not very good but I'll be someone's ward buyer. I even know how to stack and pull if it's still relevant!

And people wonder why Valve doesn't say anything to the community. Not that it excuses these assholes behaviour. That's a whole new realm of crazy. The Dota community really is the worst of the worst.

I hope this blows over soon. I don't even know what I'd do if my number got into the public sphere like that. That really sucks man. :(

No diretime for tears, only dreams now.

But seriously, expect nada except balance and heroes, and many moons from now, custom games and a hammer config for mappers. Anything else = gravy.

Gravy for Ganksgiving right?!? O_O

I need a recipe for Stuffed Scree'auk.

There is a midtier gaf tournament going on. Signups are here, but we really need more players to form teams. Take a look through the spreadsheet, have a chat with those who aren't in a team or don't have a full team yet.

Does every player have to be a GAF Member? I've got a stack I usually play with, but I'm the only one who actually posts on GAF.

Ketch

If you're up to it Matt you should really call the cops. People shouldn't be able to get away with shit like that.

Can anyone explain to me Valve's reasoning in neglecting a Halloween event, especially considering last year they portrayed Diretide as an annual occurance? I'm not commending the outrage the community has been showing, or anything, but it would have at least been nice to get some sort of communication from the developers when the event was so highly anticipated. That said, I'm sorry to hear how Matt has been taking the heat for all this. Although I admit I'm slightly amused by all the chaos, that much is utterly over the top.

In other discussion, I'm really enjoying Broodmother post 6.79, especially in the early laning phase.

Sibylus

Banned
Valve hasn't made a statement on it. 2GD's take on it is that they're working on much bigger and better things. Expect nothing.

Dmax3901

If you're up to it Matt you should really call the cops. People shouldn't be able to get away with shit like that.

Imagine trying to explain the situation to the police.

So uhh I analyse patches for a game on my blog and uhh these guys want something to happen in the game that isn't happening so I'm getting threatening phone calls. I don't work for the company that created the game.

EDIT: Just clarify, I'm not saying DON'T call the cops, I'm just pointing how bizarre and pathetic the scenario is.

Wow, I check this thread 5 hours later and that line has been crossed twice. :/ Really disappointed to be part of the Dota community right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom